Alexander Radulov

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 09:21 AM
munkeyman70

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis
Im quite well aware of who he is, and from what ive read, many scouts see him translating into a checking line winger in the NHL. Stafford is similar, and may even go higher than Ladd.

Can you provide me alink as to where ya have seen scouts take on him, please?

I know he is ranked the 2nd best NA skater in the draft.

http://nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/2...thamerica.html

Mckeen's has him ranked @ 5th in the draft.

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/

Look at these #s for comparison. This guy exploded in his 2nd year in the WHL. They have comparable size weight too. He turned into a decent NHL player...

1995-96 Kamloops WHL 63 63 73 136 - 120 - -
1994-95 Kamloops WHL 72 33 38 71 - 111 - -
1993-94 Kamloops WHL 48 6 23 29 - 33 - -

Dallas needs LW prospects, with goal scoring ability. They also need some power forwards. IMO this guy fits the bill.

Last edited by munkeyman70: 03-27-2004 at 09:37 AM.
Old
03-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Dundalis

He turned into a decent NHL player? And who was this? I dunno, but I think we should take a pot shot on someone who could be more than just a "decent NHL player". We have many of those already in our system. Yared Hagos will likely be our future third line big grinder. As for the link I dont have any I got them from links on threads I read. You should read some threads in the prospects board about him. Stafford is similar, perhaps even higher upside, though Ladd may be more NHL ready right now. I just believe its just that Ladd, while good at a lot of things, is not great, and therefore his upside is not regarded as very high. Playing with Ryan Getzlaf, also helps his numbers. In terms of big players, I wouldn't mind taking Bruce Graham at our pick, 6'6 220, great speed especially for one that size, and great shot. Also a top playmaker. Could turn out to be a poor mans Joe Thornton.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:02 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
He turned into a decent NHL player? And who was this? I dunno, but I think we should take a pot shot on someone who could be more than just a "decent NHL player". We have many of those already in our system. Yared Hagos will likely be our future third line big grinder. As for the link I dont have any I got them from links on threads I read. You should read some threads in the prospects board about him. Stafford is similar, perhaps even higher upside, though Ladd may be more NHL ready right now. I just believe its just that Ladd, while good at a lot of things, is not great, and therefore his upside is not regarded as very high. Playing with Ryan Getzlaf, also helps his numbers. In terms of big players, I wouldn't mind taking Bruce Graham at our pick, 6'6 220, great speed especially for one that size, and great shot. Also a top playmaker. Could turn out to be a poor mans Joe Thornton.

The decent NHL'er I was talking about was a former Stars draft pick....Jarome Iginla. I wouldnt mind grabbing Bruce Graham either as I stated earlier in thie thread...

Old
03-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Dundalis

Iginla...he has one of the best shots in the league, and is also a great skater. Like I said Ladd does a lot of things well but, nothing great, that will put him over the top in the NHL. Simple scoring numbers to not tell the talent of a person and his translation to the NHL.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
I think the Stars will take the best defenseman available, maybe even with their 2nd pick too. Only Daley seems to have legit top 4 potential right now, he has progressed as planned, if not better, whereas Vagner seems to become more and more like a project. After those 2 there's a huge gap, John Erskine, Matt Nickerson and Dan Jancevski will likely become tough 3rd pairing defensemen, and the time of especially Erskine and Jancevski is slowly running out.

I'd draft the two best defenseman available with our first and CLB's 2nd. We need defense more then anything..
Thats why I have said my first choice would be Meszaros, who, while a risk, has potentially the highest offensive upside of all defensemen in the draft, probably equal with Barker. Is actually very similar skillwise to Zubov, very agile, loves to do it all himself sometimes, great passer and a very accurate shot. Better skater than Zubov. Poor on D though.
Though I doubt we should take two defensemen, with our first two picks. We are almost as weak in our forwards too, apart from Jokinen, Polak and Eriksson (not including Miettinen), of which likely only one or two will make it, there is also a fair gap to the rest. And they do all of them lack real size. Kaspar and/or Graham, may be around with our clb 2nd rounder, and if so, we should take them.

Last edited by Dundalis: 03-27-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old
03-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeyman70
I know he is ranked the 2nd best NA skater in the draft.

http://nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/2...thamerica.html
They obviously are high on safe picks. There is no way Chipchura or Ladd go that high. Their upside is nowhere near that of those below them in Schremp (Most skilled player in the draft apart from Ovechkin), Wolski, or Picard. The only guarentee is that they are more likely to make the NHL and be productive.

Old
03-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Dr_Chimera*

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Chimera* Send a message via MSN to Dr_Chimera*
Quote:
Iginla...he has one of the best shots in the league, and is also a great skater. Like I said Ladd does a lot of things well but, nothing great, that will put him over the top in the NHL. Simple scoring numbers to not tell the talent of a person and his translation to the NHL.
You know nothing about Ladd. If you knew anything about him, you would know that he's a supreme talent with excellent vision and top-line scoring skills.
The problem is that some yahoos on the boards here spoon-feed the gullible likes of you lies about certain players and their supposed upsides. There is a reason why Ladd will go in the top 5 of this draft - he's a top-notch talent and his numbers happen to be VERY good.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Dundalis

Ok we will see. I'm willing to bet Ladd does not go top 5. I doubt he will even go top 10. Perhaps he will be more than a third liner, but there have been a lot of his type to go into the NHL before and not translate their scoring ability to the NHL. Dallas' own Steve Ott is one such player. I know that he has average speed, and an above average shot...like I said, he does not have an attribute to sticks out, which players that become top scorers in the NHL have. I think he has a chance to be a great defensive forward in the NHL...that's all. My information has come from various places, this site being one, but also scouting reports, and articles.
The REASON, that some sites believe Ladd will go top 5 is because he's whats known as a safe pick. Or more likely to contribute in the NHL.

Last edited by Dundalis: 03-29-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old
03-29-2004, 09:17 PM
munkeyman70

Quote:
Ok we will see. I'm willing to bet Ladd does not go top 5. I doubt he will even go top 10. Perhaps he will be more than a third liner, but there have been a lot of his type to go into the NHL before and not translate their scoring ability to the NHL. Dallas' own Steve Ott is one such player. I know that he has average speed, and an above average shot...like I said, he does not have an attribute to sticks out, which players that become top scorers in the NHL have. I think he has a chance to be a great defensive forward in the NHL...that's all. My information has come from various places, this site being one, but also scouting reports, and articles.
The REASON, that some sites believe Ladd will go top 5 is because he's whats known as a safe pick. Or more likely to contribute in the NHL.

Just because Steve Ott hasnt put up #s in his 1 1/2 yrs in the league doent mean it wont translate from the jrs to the minors to the NHL...some players take time to develop...

Old
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Dr_Chimera*

Send a message via ICQ to Dr_Chimera* Send a message via MSN to Dr_Chimera*
Quote:
Try watching games.

Old
04-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeyman70
Just because Steve Ott hasnt put up #s in his 1 1/2 yrs in the league doent mean it wont translate from the jrs to the minors to the NHL...some players take time to develop...
Ott will never put up first line scoring numbers. Your kidding yourself if you think so. He may end up with third line checking numbers, something like 20-20-40, but he will never be a first line scorer. His numbers in the jr's I believe are similar to Ladd's.
Like I said, Ladd may end up going on to be more than a checking line player, but just like I cant say for certain that he will be, you people cant say for certain that he won't. Until he actually is in the NHL, these are just opinions, and yours is no better than mine. There have been players like him who have come into the league before and not put up great scoring numbers. I will not class him in the same league offensively as the other top players like Schremp, because he simply isn't that good. Its an opinion, deal with it.

Closed Thread