HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about Vaclav Prospal?

Old
12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
davidsoc30

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to davidsoc30 Send a message via MSN to davidsoc30 Send a message via Yahoo to davidsoc30
How about Vaclav Prospal?

I don't know how people feel about Vaclav Prospal but he isn't that old and is on pace to score 30 plus goals and 80 plus points. He can play C or LW and might help the top line and the powerplay. Perhaps if TB falls out of the playoff picture maybe he can be pried away. Just a thought.

davidsoc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

He's very inconsistent in his play. Pass

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 05:28 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
his cap hit to start to the season was only 1.9, if they don't give up anything big i might take the chance. hes a f/a after next season

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
NYR Viper

toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.....he is by far the slowest player on the ice every game

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.....he is by far the slowest player on the ice every game
Colton Orr disagrees.

We don't need Prospal. Our only real need right now is a pure sniper. We really need somebody to counter the bunch of finesse players. The last thing we need is a slow, decently aged forward with not much offense besides an ok shot. He's one of those guys that makes you go, "this guy has no skill, how the hell does he put points up?" We don't need him. Safe up what cap room we have for either a secondary sniper or next year.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 07:58 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

It's not that Prospal is not skilled or isn't fast, it's that he's never put up big numbers outside of Tampa, and he's never been a consistent offensive force.

He'd fit in great with the Czechs, but I think the mindset of the team is to get away from the Jagr and friends approach to building a team, and start building a team that plays a more North-South North American game that can win now and in the future. Prospal is not that kind of player.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote