Best Trade Ever...

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 11:47 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Best Trade Ever...

Joe Juneau for Rickard Wallin...

Wallin was a 6th round pick but the guy...the guy has impressed me. If he had played 82 games this year, he could've roughly gotten around 52 points but 30 wouldn't have been bad for him or even 25. The guy seems like the real deal and seems to pick up chemistry with all of his linemates (Veilleux, Wanvig, Hannula, Gaborik).

Absolutely a steal!

Old
04-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Jacques had a nice quote about him in the Star-Trib this morning:

"[Wallin] is a player that grows on me unbelievably," Lemaire said. "You really have to look at the player to appreciate the kid."

Looks like he helped his chances for 2004-05 considrably.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
vikingforlife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Joe Juneau for Rickard Wallin...

Wallin was a 6th round pick but the guy...the guy has impressed me. If he had played 82 games this year, he could've roughly gotten around 52 points but 30 wouldn't have been bad for him or even 25. The guy seems like the real deal and seems to pick up chemistry with all of his linemates (Veilleux, Wanvig, Hannula, Gaborik).

Absolutely a steal!
I don't know about a steal Juneau was a good player, but it looks like wallin will be a great nhler, wasnt he an 8th rounder. I would have to say as of now the willie mitchell tade is the best trade the wild have made.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:04 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I have to disagree...

Juneau is going to be most likely retiring in the next two years, he hasn't really contributed and I believe he is a in between of Dowd and Hendrickson.

Wallin on the other hand should be coming into the league now, and will be contributing and is a mix between the Sedins and a good grinding player.

Mitchell looks good because he played for a while, wait till Wallin plays.

And no Wallin was I believe a 6th rounder.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:53 PM
DaigleFan09

Send a message via AIM to DaigleFan09 Send a message via MSN to DaigleFan09
Three other trades to consider:

*Acquired Cliff Ronning from Los Angeles Kings for a 4th Round Pick (Aaron Rome).

--No doubt in anyone's mind that Ronning was a key player in the run to the Western Conference Finals last year.

*Acquired a 7th Round Pick (Niklas Eckerblom) from Anaheim for Sergei Krivokrasov.

--Krivo played very few games for the Ducks, before being sent to the minors. I belive those were his last NHL games. Although Eckerblom may never make it to the NHL, we got something for pretty much nothing.

*Acquired a 7th Round Pick (Grigory Mishearin) from the Montreal Canadians for Sylvain Blouin.

--Blouin also played a few games for the Canadians, before being sent down. He is still toiling in the minors. Another something-for-nothing trade.

The WORST trade ever?

*Acquired Chris Dyment from Montreal for a 5th Round Pick (Jiri Cetkovsky)

--This trade is most likely the worst.

Anyone disagree?

Old
04-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Wild Bill

Best, hands down:
Wild send Sean O'Donnell to the Devils for Willie Mitchell.

Worst, debateable:
The Lukowich/Fernandez expansion draft trade

O'Donnell was having a career year on a first year team and the Devs needed their annual rental...bet they wish they could have that one back...IMO Willie is the best d-man we have.

The Wild acquired both Manny and Lukowich on the condition of sending Lukowich back for a stockpile of useless comodities. Basically they coulda had one or the other via the expansion draft.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=22629

Stupid IMO.

Fernandez served his purpose, but ultimately didn't work out. Brad Lukowich would've looked pretty good on this blue line next year...19 pts and a +29 this year on the #1 seeded Bolts. He isn't the second coming of Bobby Orr and who knows how it woulda shook down with him here, but the Manny experiment obviously didn't work out. They should have known it was gonna be a sticky wicket playing a young goalie for his uncle. I'd be surprised if he doesn't flourish in a fresh environment for that same reason.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:58 AM
ceber

Andy Sutton for Hnat Domenichelli didn't work out all that well, either. (I think that was the deal, at least...)

Sutton wasn't working well here, I guess. But he seems to have found a pretty good spot.

Old
04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Best deals: Roloson, Daigle, Walz, Brunette
Great deals: Dupuis, Michalek, Zyuzin

All UFAs or waiver wire deals, so that's really something for nothing.

The worst trade IMO:

Lukowich, a 3rd, and a 9th, for Pavel Patera, Aaron Gavey, and a 4th, and perhaps an 8th?

Closed Thread