HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

trade proposal from a pen fan

Old
12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Lemieuxfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
trade proposal from a pen fan

I heard you need an elite offensive defensemen, and what I saw from your lineup, ycou could also need gritt and scoring, so here's my proposal:

SLB get:

Gonchar
Malone(playes first line with Sid,is great defensiv, and a very good pk'ler.. UFA after the season, should be willing to pay him arround 2 million per)
Christensen, 23 year old center, had 33 points in 61 last season, but has a very difficult time this season, because we don't have a spot for him. Crosby is our top center, Malkin for the 2nd line and Talbot for the checking line. Thisa only leaves the 4rt line, and there he can't really do, what he should be able to, which is score goals.
2nd rounder, adds some value.

Pens get:

McKee
Barret Jackman

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
TrustInJarmo*

FYI: We have had multiple trade proposals this year for Jackman...and many teams have offered to start with parting a 1st rounder.

Which, at least me, is what I am looking for teams to just start with in giving Jax up...

So try again.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:18 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
I heard you need an elite offensive defensemen, and what I saw from your lineup, ycou could also need gritt and scoring, so here's my proposal:

SLB get:

Gonchar

Malone(playes first line with Sid,is great defensiv, and a very good pk'ler.. UFA after the season, should be willing to pay him arround 2 million per)
Christensen, 23 year old center, had 33 points in 61 last season, but has a very difficult time this season, because we don't have a spot for him. Crosby is our top center, Malkin for the 2nd line and Talbot for the checking line. Thisa only leaves the 4rt line, and there he can't really do, what he should be able to, which is score goals.
2nd rounder, adds some value.

Pens get:

McKee
Barret Jackman
UM All that for Mckee and Jackman?lol

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:19 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster81 View Post
UM All that for Mckee and Jackman?lol
Malkin wasn't included in his offer. Read again.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:20 PM
General Veers

I say no thanks. When McClements' game blossoms, he'll put up better numbers than Chris. did last year. If you say he's being wasted playing on the 4th line, it would be no different here because our 1-4 centers are set for now. We don't need any more "project" players like Chris. is, IMO.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:27 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Malkin wasn't included in his offer. Read again.
lol ok much better..

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
BlueNhockeytown

Gonchar would be great though.

BlueNhockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 06:03 PM
milieu bluez

No. You have to take Brewer.

milieu bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Rather than Gonchar, how about including Whitney and change the deal around some. We don't want Gonchar's 8.5 million dollar contract either. Unless you intend to eat part of it. Whitney would be far more attractive in that package to us. I realize that the package would definitely have to change some. Perhaps something like

Whitney
Malone
Christenson

Jackman
McKee
and a pick or prospect

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 07:28 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I thought Gonchar was only making 5.5mil... I could be wrong.

Either way, I don't want Christenson or Malone. Gonchar is definately an interesting idea though.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 09:34 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
I thought Gonchar was only making 5.5mil... I could be wrong.

Either way, I don't want Christenson or Malone. Gonchar is definately an interesting idea though.
You are right. according to a NHLcontracts site he gets 5.5 this year 6 mil the next 5.5 the year after that. I got the other info from a friend of mine. I apologize I didn't check it out.

I would still be interested in Whitney over Gonchar. I would be willing to trade more for Whitney without a doubt. That would give us a #1 for years to come.

Old
12-22-2007, 03:25 AM
HockeyHippie

We need to recieve Letang in any deal with the Penguins.

HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Lemieuxfan

I see...but Whitney and Letang will not be moved, so there's no deal ...but thank you for your time to respond to my offer.

Old
12-22-2007, 08:58 AM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
if we move McKee and Jackman for Witney, we're losing two solid Dmen for one thats only good on the power play. What does that leave us on 5 on 5? Alot of Brewer and Salvador thats what it leaves us and I want no part of Malone, guy can't even put up good numbers on Crosby's line.

Last edited by funktasticblues93: 12-22-2007 at 09:28 AM.
funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 09:35 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktasticblues93 View Post
if we move McKee and Jackman for Whitney, we're losing to solid Dmen for one thats only good on the power play. What does that leave us on 5 on 5? Alot of Brewer and Salvador thats what it leaves us.
It would give us a legit #1 that is signed for the next four years. 3 mil this year, 3.5 mil, 4.5 mil, 5 mil, 5.5 mil His contract isn't that bad either. This would give you.

Whitney, EJ, Brewer, Backman, Salvador, Walker, Polak, Woywitka, Wagner, Hellstrom

I don't see Pittsburgh making that deal unless we add to it. Jackman is a UFA and would help them in there playoff run, but I don't think McKee and Jackman is enough for Pitt to part with Whitney. I would be tempted to add a young winger/prospect in the deal to sweeten the pot. This would give you a formidable young 1-2 defensive core of EJ and Whitney (24 yrs. old this is his 3rd season in the league). Whitney would give you that 10 goal 40 assist guy that we lack right now. Brewer and Backman could actually be what they are at best #3 and #4 "defense oriented" defenseman good for 25 to 35 points a year. Whether or not you choose to keep Salvador after this season, doesn't really matter. We have depth and slots open for the youngsters that have proven they deserve to play.

Gonchar at 33 years old is still of interest to me, but I would rather have Whitney. I would like to see Pittsburgh perhaps take a Rucinsky or a checker off of our hands to open a slot for one of the wingers. Taking off the homer glasses, it is a good realistic deal. Thanks Lemieuxfan!!

Old
12-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Blueski

I don't think we move both McKee and Jackman in the same deal. That is losing too much grit and shot blocking capability all at once. And to be honest, I wouldn't trade EJ for just about any other dman package some other team could put together, so I seriously doubt anyone will be getting Whitney anytime soon, unless they offer a Malkin or Crosby...oh wait...

Even WITHOUT homer colored glasses, the original offer is no good. Malone is not what we want or need, Christensen maybe, but he would run into much the same problem here, maybe switch him to wing as well.

Keep Gonchar. Yes he puts up some points, but he also gives up points. And if those salary numbers are cap numbers as well, I really don't want that kind of hit on the books for him.

Blueski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Lemieuxfan

Quote:
Taking off the homer glasses, it is a good realistic deal. Thanks Lemieuxfan!!
I really appreciate that quite much, and I am also happy that everyone who did't like my proposal stayed on the subject and didn't go personal.

It surprises me a lot that your're not really interested in Malone, since he's having his carrer season, and playing great in his own end, but I will accept the no, of course