HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

GDT: Red Wings @ Blues 12/20/07

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2007, 05:05 AM
  #76
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sur View Post
If there were only one opinion present, where would that lead us? To the lap of totalitarianism. Admittedly, a dramatic analogy, yet holds (at least) an element of truth.

If you can't accept diversity of opinion, why attend a forum where it inevitably exists. Furthermore, how does attacking a poster personally lend strength to an argument? Doesn't that merely steer attention away from the substance of the message?

If inner aggression overwhelms the mind, there are sure better outlets available than this field of fanatics and observers.

Dixi.
Well said.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:41 AM
  #77
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gutter Alley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Tell me exactly what I did Zaphod that is getting so old??
That is exactly what is getting old. Adults agree to disagree all the time. Bratty ****ing kids are the ones who go on and on and on, stomping their foot until everyone agree's with them.

Just come to terms with not everyone agreeing with you being ok and being no fault of your own and move on. Take a walk, get some fresh air and then remember this:


Last edited by WalterSobchak: 12-22-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Removing possibly offensive material
WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
  #78
TrustInJarmo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
That is exactly what is getting old. Adults agree to disagree all the time. Bratty ****ing kids are the ones who go on and on and on, stomping their foot until everyone agree's with them.

Just come to terms with not everyone agreeing with you being ok and being no fault of your own and move on. Take a walk, get some fresh air and then remember this:

I understand your point.

But please do not use the word "retarded" to get a point across in a post. Because that is much worse than calling someone stupid. Retardation is something hundreds of thousands are born with. Could be your kid one day.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 02:19 PM
  #79
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gutter Alley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
I understand your point.

But please do not use the word "retarded" to get a point across in a post. Because that is much worse than calling someone stupid. Retardation is something hundreds of thousands are born with. Could be your kid one day.
I didn't use the word. The picture I used is out on the internet. But I'll gladly get rid of it if we can all accept that people have opinions that may differ from ours but that doesn't make them invalid. Opinions really can't be wrong. Misguided maybe, but not wrong.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
  #80
TrustInJarmo*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
I didn't use the word. The picture I used is out on the internet. But I'll gladly get rid of it if we can all accept that people have opinions that may differ from ours but that doesn't make them invalid. Opinions really can't be wrong. Misguided maybe, but not wrong.
Are you serious?

We are disagreeing on a HOCKEY forum. If you want me to agree to disagree that others think Brewer is great...than fine I can do that. But what does your picture have to do with any of our hockey talk?

I know the picture used the word...the picture that you brought to a hockey forum.

Using pictures to make fun of Retardation is pure wrong. So many people in America have used the word "Stupid" and "Retard" as believing it is one in the same.

I have a cousin that is retarded. And I would love to see you make fun of it to his face. Something he was born with.

Should I start making fun of people that have cancer? Something they can not control. Because it's basically the same thing. And neither have anything to do with hockey.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 05:06 PM
  #81
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Can you two find different trees to piss on? Your ego-fencing is a waste of time for everyone else on this board. We want to discuss hockey, not read personal, he said - she said attacks leveled at two people who's opinions are generally respected here. Please don't change that.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.