MOC not biting the Canadian media

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2004, 07:13 PM
doc lafleur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Hopefully. That's the same Markov that didn't miss a shift right? It's called revenge for Nilan crosschecking Middleton in the teeth!....Either get used to it, or have somebody on that bench do something, for once.
I called the Bell Center, the smurf's won't take my call. I wish you could suggest something else.

Good luck to you guy's, enjoy the battle.

Doc lafleur

Old
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
sarge88

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rolston's comments amount to something like;

If we play well, we should win?

Why is this news?

Didn't the Bruins win the season series between the two teams?

Didn't the Bruins finish 2nd in the conference and the Habs finish 7th.

Obviously there are no guarantees and the Habs could win the series, but what Rolston said wasn't exactly earth shattering.

I know that the Habs won several cups in the 60's and 70's and that fact alone is worth at least 5 goals in this series, but come on, can't we find something noteworthy to comment on?

I guess only in Montreal does a 7th place team get offended when a 2nd place team is looked at as the favorite.

Old
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc lafleur
I called the Bell Center, the smurf's won't take my call. I wish you could suggest something else.

Good luck to you guy's, enjoy the battle.

Doc lafleur
Good luck to you as well doc!

Old
04-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Strafer

:lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Enjoy the first 5 seconds...

Btw Thorton hit Begin from the back last time he'vw met and acted like areal sissy who don't like to get pushed ... one clean hit or a small cheapshots and Thorton will be off his game like always . Rolston commets are way more disgraceful .
:lol
'Nuff said!

Old
04-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Bruinguy
Here we are again!

I look at it this way (the Thornton hit on Begin)

Hab fans would have screamed if there was no call...they would have at least wanted a 2 minute boarding call

Hab fans would have screamed for a 5 min major if the ref only gave 2 minutes.

Hab fans would have screamed a game misconduct if they gave a 5 minute penalty only.

Joe got 5 and a game....Hab fans scream suspension!!

My point...there's no pleasing a Hab fan (unless they're sitting there counting their past Cup victories. Give them an inch...they want a foot ... etc, etc...

Then again, it could be worse....they could be Leaf fans. In Toronto, the Leafs win the Cup every September!!

Old
04-06-2004, 01:23 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinguy
I look at it this way (the Thornton hit on Begin)

Hab fans would have screamed if there was no call...they would have at least wanted a 2 minute boarding call

Hab fans would have screamed for a 5 min major if the ref only gave 2 minutes.

Hab fans would have screamed a game misconduct if they gave a 5 minute penalty only.

Joe got 5 and a game....Hab fans scream suspension!!

My point...there's no pleasing a Hab fan (unless they're sitting there counting their past Cup victories. Give them an inch...they want a foot ... etc, etc...

Then again, it could be worse....they could be Leaf fans. In Toronto, the Leafs win the Cup every September!!
do you want some cheese with that whine?

Old
04-06-2004, 01:28 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers

Wow, you are one funny man, you should honestly think about a career as a stand up comic because your jokes are just so orginal.

Here's a dancing banana for the funny man

Old
04-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Why is it that none of you Bruins' fans who are so confident have joined the avatar bet?

I haven't heard of this avatar bet...

Details?

Old
04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
TJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe
I haven't heard of this avatar bet...

Details?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...9&page=1&pp=15

I don't know if it was posted on the Bruins board or not.

Old
04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
Wow, you are one funny man, you should honestly think about a career as a stand up comic because your jokes are just so orginal.

Here's a dancing banana for the funny man
i wasnt trying to be funny but if your high brow thats your problem, i just sincerely think theres alote of whinning going on, if your logical and can read then you would have noticed it as well.
not knocking nobody its just sad to read so many whinning posts, dont you agree?
i bet you do but too proud to admit it.
anyways chill and get ready for a great series as this rivalry always brings, lets enjoy it with out whinning. thats all im saying now heres a donkey getting smacked

Old
04-06-2004, 01:41 AM
TJF

Quote:
i wasnt trying to be funny but if your high brow thats your problem, i just sincerely think theres alote of whinning going on, if your logical and can read then you would have noticed it as well.
not knocking nobody its just sad to read so many whinning posts, dont you agree?
anyways chill and get ready for a great series as this rivalry always brings, lets enjoy it with out whinning.
Go read every teams board on this site and you'll find whining going on everywhere, your beloved board does it better than anyone.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:10 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...9&page=1&pp=15

I don't know if it was posted on the Bruins board or not.

It was. Only 7 "Bruins fans" showed up. Kudos to Mr. Make-Believe for putting his money (US dollars) where his mouth is.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Marcotte Fan
Personally I think any Scab fan should be ashamed that you didn't win every Cup from the folding of the Montreal Maroons until the draft of Guy Lafluer.
I don't understand why you're including Guy Lafleur in that "era" where the "scabs" (that's just genius btw) should have won every year.

Here's some info you might want to check out ?

Montreal Canadiens acquired Oakland's first choice (Guy Lafleur) in the 1971 Entry Draft and Francois Lacombe. In return, the Seals received the Habs' 1971 first round pick (Chris Oddleifson) and Ernie Hicke.

In 1970, Ralph was traded by Sam Pollock to the Kings in the hope that he would help Los Angeles finish ahead of Oakland in the year-end standings. Montreal owned Oakland's first draft pick from a prior transaction and wanted badly to draft Guy Lafleur number one. This in fact happened and Montreal claimed their prized flower.

We didn't get Lafleur because of some unfair advantages. We got him because Pollock was at the helm.

Old
04-06-2004, 04:39 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
It was. Only 7 "Bruins fans" showed up. Kudos to Mr. Make-Believe for putting his money (US dollars) where his mouth is.
I personally think it's a silly bet in the first place, hence why I didn't participate last spring, nor will I participate this time. It's just another chance for the winners to gloat when their team wins a series, and to me, gloating about your team's victory is juvenile, lame and overall disrespectful/belittling. I'd rather just savor my team's victory (should it occur) than rub it in fans' faces that THEIR team lost... but that's just me.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-06-2004, 05:49 AM
Donnie Marcotte Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I don't understand why you're including Guy Lafleur in that "era" where the "scabs" (that's just genius btw) should have won every year.

With all due respect I don't need you telling me anything about hockey history I said UNTIL the draft of Lafluer UNTIL. Lafluer was the first guy they wanted that they had to draft.

I say *Scabs* because I am a proud Frenchmen, and Habs is a prejorative term which I don't like.

We didn't get Lafleur because of some unfair advantages. We got him because Pollock was at the helm.
Again, English is my second language, but apparently I read it better than you do. UNTIL Lafluer, okay, got it, UNTIL Lafluer.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Mad-Marcus

My momma says "Bein' so angry is sign of insecurity". It must be difficult to have the collective confidence of a people ride on a spectator sport.

Hab fans lighten up, your team is on the way back and heading in the right direction after a few years of NO direction. Enjoy the ride, let the players play, and stop causing trouble on our thread.

Good luck and may the real season start!

Old
04-06-2004, 07:55 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
anyways chill and get ready for a great series as this rivalry always brings, lets enjoy it with out whinning. thats all im saying now heres a donkey getting smacked
There's been plenty of whiny Habs fans coming here claiming Joe to be a dirty cheap shot artist and how precious, fragile Koivu,Perrault and Begin are saints and didnt' deserve anything that's come their way. I think if most of the whine would be coming from your own brethern, not the other way around.

Old
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
bb_fan

Quote:

no stealing lines.........and i figured you guys would have some to spare.....of both..... :lol

Old
04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Strafer

[QUOTE=Donnie Marcotte Fan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
I really wish you to win cause you will be so pissed-off to lose AN OTHER TIME against SMURFS!
:lol :lol :lol

Personally I think any Scab fan should be ashamed that you didn't win every Cup from the folding of the Montreal Maroons until the draft of Guy Lafluer. You had an enormus advantage over every team in the NHL with the right of first refusal. The amazing thing is that anyone managed to beat them. The Bruins had the right of first refusal for players in Saint John County New brunswick, and I'd fall off my chair if anyone reading this knows the only player if produced for the Bruins. Montreal had the entire province of Quebec. Had Toronto had the Province of Ontario you'd likely never have won anything. Hell giving the scabs the right of first refusal to players in NDG alone would have given them a pretty leg up the other 6 teams.

Closed Thread