Rumor: Joe at practice!!! WEEI report

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 10:54 AM
psuthornton

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to psuthornton
Rumor: Joe at practice!!! WEEI report

I titled this post with "Rumor" because it was on the ESPN board.

They are claiming that WEEI is reporting that Joe was on the ice in Wilmington today for practice.

Someone who has WEEI at work please confirm this.

Thanks

Old
04-06-2004, 11:07 AM
42asskicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuthornton
I titled this post with "Rumor" because it was on the ESPN board.

They are claiming that WEEI is reporting that Joe was on the ice in Wilmington today for practice.

Someone who has WEEI at work please confirm this.

Thanks
Just heard it now. They said he IS practicing with the team today.

Old
04-06-2004, 11:34 AM
psuthornton

Send a message via AIM to psuthornton
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42asskicker
Just heard it now. They said he IS practicing with the team today.
GREAT news

Old
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuthornton
GREAT news
Great news it is.. at least he's skating.. however, do we know if he's part of the drills? (contact? although I doubt it)

Old
04-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
i really hope he can play on Wednesday even though it may be wise to start him Friday for more rest.

Last edited by Newfie Bruin: 04-06-2004 at 12:25 PM.
Old
04-06-2004, 12:45 PM
42asskicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBRUINS19
i really hope he can play on Wednesday even though it may be wise to start him Friday for more rest.
I was listening to WEEI and they had someone at the practice. They said he was doing the same drills that all the other players were doing. I guess they had a press conference afterwards with Joe and he said it would be a game time decision if he plays on Wednesday.

Old
04-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42asskicker
I was listening to WEEI and they had someone at the practice. They said he was doing the same drills that all the other players were doing. I guess they had a press conference afterwards with Joe and he said it would be a game time decision if he plays on Wednesday.
I could think of a million worse things he could have said!

Old
04-06-2004, 01:47 PM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
I could think of a million worse things he could have said!
yeah like what todays portland press herald was reporting from the ap in that HE WONT PLAY GAME 1.

Old
04-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Grapes

Great news!

The B's played great last Sunday, but going into the PO's without your #1 guy is just not a great way to start.

Go Joe! i wanna see ya laced up Wednesday ! <-- best i could do, there is no smiley with taped ribs...

Old
04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Ogie Ogilthorpe

I thought it was interesting that yesterday someone called in and was complaining that it was a dirty play when Joe got hurt, and that there is no reason for a play like that. He also told dale that Joe would be out 8 to 12 weeks with the same injury that Sammy had. Dale asked him where he got his info from, and he said his brother had dinner with joes brother. This guy sounded like a yahoo, and didn't sound too knowledgeable about hockey. The funny part was that the way Dale was talking with him it seemed like Dale knew otherwise, but really couldn't say anything for obvious reasons. I may be way off with my interpretation of that call, but I thought it was kind of interesting to hear how Dale reacted to the info. I am just assuming Dale knows more, just because how close he is to the team and if someone told him not to say anything I think dale has earned the respect to get behind the scenes info, and be trusted enough not to use it for his show or the nesn broadcasts.

Old
04-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Ogilthorpe
I thought it was interesting that yesterday someone called in and was complaining that it was a dirty play when Joe got hurt, and that there is no reason for a play like that. He also told dale that Joe would be out 8 to 12 weeks with the same injury that Sammy had. Dale asked him where he got his info from, and he said his brother had dinner with joes brother. This guy sounded like a yahoo, and didn't sound too knowledgeable about hockey. The funny part was that the way Dale was talking with him it seemed like Dale knew otherwise, but really couldn't say anything for obvious reasons. I may be way off with my interpretation of that call, but I thought it was kind of interesting to hear how Dale reacted to the info. I am just assuming Dale knows more, just because how close he is to the team and if someone told him not to say anything I think dale has earned the respect to get behind the scenes info, and be trusted enough not to use it for his show or the nesn broadcasts.
Was the caller's name Bob Lobel?

Old
04-06-2004, 04:47 PM
bp13

The Real News Here....

Somebody from WEEI could actually recognize Joe Thornton!

I'm surprised WEEI knew how to get to the rink!! Do you think they needed to mapquest the directions, and then teach the news reporter how to pronounce "Thornton" and "Bruins" ?

Closed Thread