HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea Weber.....

Old
12-23-2007, 05:59 PM
secol

vCash: 500
Shea Weber.....

Anybody know what's up with him? He's not in the lineup tonight against CLB......hopefully it's just the flu or something......

secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Bourdon

According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
HeShootseyScores

Most are speculating that it's an ankle injury that he suffered late in the game on Saturday. And that isn't too serious but enough to not play in the back to back game today.

HeShootseyScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:12 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.
This should keep him safely here.

Seriously, he only says a NE team inquired. You can't stop inquiries and I'd assume they call once a week to ask about Shea.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 07:44 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
This should keep him safely here.

Seriously, he only says a NE team inquired. You can't stop inquiries and I'd assume they call once a week to ask about Shea.
I would be surprised if every team in the NHL hasn't "inquired" about Weber at some point or another.

why wouldn't you???

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I'm sure that's true, too!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 09:47 PM
secol

lol.....sorry but I personally don't really trust Eklund rumors much anymore.....and yeah, this would be a great time to try and nab Weber but I doubt NAS management is dumb enough to think Weber will be this bad much longer.....

Old
12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Weber's been bad? When, I missed it.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 10:13 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
lol.....sorry but I personally don't really trust Eklund rumors much anymore.....and yeah, this would be a great time to try and nab Weber but I doubt NAS management is dumb enough to think Weber will be this bad much longer.....
Since when did unfortunate injuries equate to "being bad" ???

I have no worries about Weber whatsoever... his future is bright.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
ower

vCash: 966
I think there should be a site rule that if you invoke Eklund you get locked out of you account for a week.

ower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Does this mean we get to finally re-sign Kariya? (E4 GUYS!)

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 07:38 AM
PredsMan

Speaking of inquiries...

I inquired with Brad Pitt, to see if he wanted to trade women for a while. Angelina wasn't available.

people can ask for anything...now whether they get it is another thing entirely.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:50 AM
CaptLou

Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that

CaptLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLou View Post
Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that
When your Owner tells you that he's selling the club and you have to jettison some high-priced talent (Arnott has a NMC, Hartnell & Timonen were going to get some high $ amounts for their contributions, Vokoun's new contract hadn't started yet), Poile got all he could for the selfish Vokoun, go back and read some of the articles when he was told that he'd be sharing some of the playing time with Mason (he's almost as good a teammate as Owens)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Add one more thing to Mason's claim to fame: statistically, he was the superior goaltender for the past three NHL seasons. It was a gamble to go with Mason, but Vokoun hasn't been a top tier franchise goalie for the Preds the past two seasons. He has been for the Panthers, however.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I was about to ring you up and give you the run-down about how inconsistent Vokoun was in his last two seasons here, about how we'd go through stretches of winning games in spite of Vokoun, not because of him...but then I saw you were from Nashville. You should know that already. Vokoun wasn't a "top-tier" goaltender for quite some time. People having a nifty chant involving his name doesn't make it so.

Old
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
When your Owner tells you that he's selling the club and you have to jettison some high-priced talent (Arnott has a NMC, Hartnell & Timonen were going to get some high $ amounts for their contributions, Vokoun's new contract hadn't started yet), Poile got all he could for the selfish Vokoun, go back and read some of the articles when he was told that he'd be sharing some of the playing time with Mason (he's almost as good a teammate as Owens)
Say what you want about Vokoun's play here, but he is by no means selfish. He signed a year early for less then what he could have got because he gave us a bit of a home town discount.

It was completely overblown by Predators fans about the Mason situation last year.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
And he tried to play if off like he was going to use that money to sign Kariya...

Agreed. Trading Weber wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Old
12-24-2007, 02:24 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

It was completely overblown by Predators fans about the Mason situation last year.
I beg to differ.

I can assure you that Vokoun's statements pubically when trying to come back from back from his thumb injury did not sit well with decision makers in the Pred's organization and it caused division in the locker room, that much is clear.

Also when I asked a certain person, that was very influential in his progress while in Nashville, that it seems that the Preds have "gone the extra mile for Tomas during his time here in Nashville" his response was, "you couldn't imagine to what extent."

So, although most wish that we could have kept Vokoun and many rightly feel that Vokoun got shafted by being traded just before his raise and NTC kicked in.....there is another side to the saga that most aren't aware of.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 02:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
And he tried to play if off like he was going to use that money to sign Kariya...

Agreed. Trading Weber wouldn't surprise me at this point.
If you'll recall, we made Kariya an offer. He turned it down because of the ownership situation...and then signed for *far* more than he's worth in STL. Trading Vokoun was to HELP sign Kariya...but also to give us money to fill out our roster by signing Bonk, DeVries and Gelinas.

Suggesting that he'd "trade Weber, because look at the moves he made this summer" is ludicrous. You know what the situation was, and you know that it's changed now. Pulling out the black helicopter\tinfoil hat conspiracy theories is both silly and beneath you.

Old
12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If you'll recall, we made Kariya an offer.
Meh, Kariya told our media before the St.Louis game this year that he was never given an offer and that Poile told him that he would help talk to some teams for him.

Perhaps he's just lying I guess?

Quote:
Suggesting that he'd "trade Weber, because look at the moves he made this summer" is ludicrous. You know what the situation was, and you know that it's changed now. Pulling out the black helicopter\tinfoil hat conspiracy theories is both silly and beneath you.
You are overreacting here. Quite honestly, with our new ownership and the likely bottom feeder budget that we will likely have (unless we turn it around VERY quickly in the attendance problem), I could see Weber being traded to save money. Do I think its going to happen? No, but lets not forget what our situation is.

Old
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I beg to differ.

I can assure you that Vokoun's statements pubically when trying to come back from back from his thumb injury did not sit well with decision makers in the Pred's organization and it caused division in the locker room, that much is clear.

Also when I asked a certain person, that was very influential in his progress while in Nashville, that it seems that the Preds have "gone the extra mile for Tomas during his time here in Nashville" his response was, "you couldn't imagine to what extent."

So, although most wish that we could have kept Vokoun and many rightly feel that Vokoun got shafted by being traded just before his raise and NTC kicked in.....there is another side to the saga that most aren't aware of.
I don't have the contacts in the information, so I'll have to trust you on this.

I'm pretty disappointed by our organization if this is the case. Having a top goalie wanting to get back to playing after injuries shouldn't be a dividing line in a locker room or organization.

Old
12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
secol

Alright I don't watch a ton of Preds games......mainly a Flames fan, but from the boxscore (yes not overly reliable) Weber has been playing some PP2 and also in his last 12 games he is -8 and only has 3 points.....

Old
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
I don't have the contacts in the information, so I'll have to trust you on this.

I'm pretty disappointed by our organization if this is the case. Having a top goalie wanting to get back to playing after injuries shouldn't be a dividing line in a locker room or organization.
It wasn't that he wanted to get back to playing AFTER the injury. It was that he was worried about his job because he hadn't been playing well before the injury and now Mase was lighting it up so he pushed his way back into the lineup before he was healed and cost his team some games. If you look back through the threads you will see all the talk back then about this subject.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 07:03 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I beg to differ.

but isn't this what we hear about everyone? Hartnell had an attitude, Walker and now Vokoun?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote