HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This team is flawed and cannot win a Cup as currently constructed. (merged)

Old
12-24-2007, 11:36 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergnemi View Post
for the past 2 seasons in particular i have seen chris neil take runs at rangers and nothing has happened to him. take tonight, betts gets drilled in the neutral zone by neil.....nothing happens. at the end of the first, jagr got dumped by neil, who responds? sean avery of course. that is all you need to know, a guy with one healthy wrist doing something about neil's play. colton orr is on this team for one reason.....to fight. he has the skating ability of happy gilmore. he had the chance to fight neil, but he chose not to. orr needs to step up against neil and send a message. sending strudwick to tame neil is pointless because struds doesn't have orr's knockout ability. if renney actually matched the 4th line vs neil's unit maybe he could send a message but apparently orr's minus 11 vs top lines means he's jay pandolfo in the making according to renney. bottom line is this: renney needs to manage the lines better, and orr needs to show an intimidation factor.
I honestly believe the lack of go-time from Orr is the result of Renney reeling him in. I have no doubt that Renney is advising him not to drop the gloves. Colton was never shy about going with anyone while in Boston, but since being ni NY it seems Renney is looking to make a player out of him.

Personally I think it's a mistake. Let the man employ the skills that got him to the NHL.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Orr = Small potatoes, not of concern

I can see this team becoming stronger as the year goes on, but we'd have to win some games and gain points for it to mean anything by April. Gomez & Drury fully acclimated, Staal and the other rookies will have learned from a full season of mistakes, and of course a healthy Jagr, Straka, Hank, Avery would be nice.

Then again it could go the opposite way, but i'm not ruling this team out just yet.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote