HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/23 Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers 7PM MSG

Old
12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
onle 222 replies in tonights GDT, that has to be an all time low for a GDT.
That may actually be a good thing. Fewer ******** posts like "LETS GO RANGERS!!" and "WOO GOMEZ SCORES!"

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Chunklee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
That may actually be a good thing. Fewer ******** posts like "LETS GO RANGERS!!" and "WOO GOMEZ SCORES!"

so many arrogant people on these boards. there is nothing wrong with showing emotions, sorry they cant all be professional analyst like you are, mr big shot.

Chunklee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunklee View Post
so many arrogant people on these boards. there is nothing wrong with showing emotions, sorry they cant all be professional analyst like you are, mr big shot.
haha not that I'ven ever made a post like that, but going through the GDT after a game, i'd much rather see people discussing the game than wait 5 minutes for the page to load and see stuff like that.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
staal's first 2-goal game... congrats!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
staal's first 2-goal game... congrats!
I think both of them were bad luck, could of happened to anyone.

Just wasn't our night, because Staal player pretty damn well aside from those deflections.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
WheresBarnaby

I only got to Rangers in 60...

but forgetting the fact, we've only gotten 1 out 8 possible points in the last four games, I thought it was well played. We just missed out on 3 or 4 open nets which could've tied or won the game. The third goal was a bad break, but Hank also played well.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 11:30 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post

Just wasn't our night, because Staal player pretty damn well aside from those deflections.
I honestly thought it was one of Staal's worst games of the season. He just seemed far less comfortable with the puck than he usually is. It's okay, he's probably been the steadiest guy on the blueline, he's entitled to a poor game.

I think the entire game was epitomized by Jagr's post late in the third. The man was so frustrated that he just reared back and fired the hardest slapshot I've ever seen from him, and he actually fell down from the force of it. And, despite the inelegance of it, it was a great shot: It was a rocket that beat Gerber and would have been a goal if had hit the post a millimeter to the side. But it wasn't a goal, and it wasn't for a lack of effort or quality.

Last edited by xander: 12-24-2007 at 11:38 AM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post

If this was Malik you'd say the same right?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
i dont blame a player when it deflects off of them and into the net. i blame a player when they do an up the middle pass right into an opposition player, have the puck turned over, and skated in for a breakaway against. THAT is what i kill malik for. take his idiotic turnovers out of the equation, and weve got a very solid #4 defenseman.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
NYR Viper

overall, the game the rangers player was a good one.....didnt give up many chances except the two breakaways that heatley and i think kelly missed...i thought all the lines looked pretty good and i like the second line a lot with drury and avery and shanny......shanny missed an open goal and a semi-breakaway where the puck bounced out in front of the net and drury had a few good opportunities....avery made some good passes and had some pretty good shots.....i want to see him go to the net more and set up in front......the 1st line i thought player very well....very good passes and some great opportunites......the powerplays looked okay, i thought that when renney put gomez on the first powerplay and avery on the second they both looked good and got some good chances, i think it would be better than keeping callahan out there.....defence looked very solid at times and weak at others...malik, yes malik bailed a few players out including rozsival and strudwick(although struds did bail him out at least once).....overall just a very unlucky game where the rangers hit two posts, missed multiple open nets and could not finish at all except for when staal tried to block a shot and it went in off of him and the same with drury on the last goal.....besides that it wouldve been 1-1

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Actually no.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 02:17 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
either cowan or taylor pyatt. Malone aint that good, id rather try to get colby armstrong. its ryan malone not greg malone. id like marleau but hed cost alot.

or we can send thomas pock to the canucks and get brad isbister back to make Jagr happy.

Right. Greg is Ryan's dad. A long time NHL'er too. In any case forget Cowan and Cooke--there's no long term benefit to be gained from either whereas for them with Prucha there very well could be. Pyatt is an interesting player to me as is Armstrong. It wouldn't surprise me if Pittsburgh is a team we make a deal with. I could see the potential of Jagr and/or Prucha going there. On another thread Orpik is considered a possibility for us.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2007, 05:51 PM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I honestly thought it was one of Staal's worst games of the season. He just seemed far less comfortable with the puck than he usually is. It's okay, he's probably been the steadiest guy on the blueline, he's entitled to a poor game.

I think the entire game was epitomized by Jagr's post late in the third. The man was so frustrated that he just reared back and fired the hardest slapshot I've ever seen from him, and he actually fell down from the force of it. And, despite the inelegance of it, it was a great shot: It was a rocket that beat Gerber and would have been a goal if had hit the post a millimeter to the side. But it wasn't a goal, and it wasn't for a lack of effort or quality.
I wish Jagr hit slapshots more often. His trademark wrist shot (I think of it sometimes as a slingshot) isn't fast and accurate as it used to be. I think transitioning to more slapshots will get him more goals.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2007, 01:28 AM
segmentation fault
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediprakNYR View Post
I think transitioning to more slapshots will get him more goals.
Hes having a hard time transitioning to everything else. Wouldnt want to give him more.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote