Gueregian going on WEEI at 8 to talk about B's

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Gueregian going on WEEI at 8 to talk about B's

Karen saw no raps on Joe- visible; she asked him if there was any part of his upper body rapped or flaked and Joe laughed and wouldn't answer....she watched him for nearly the full hour and "he moved well, skated well, he shot wrist shots- he seemed OK, but it obviously wasn't a rough and tumble practice.... but he looked good and said he felt good and if it was up to him alone it was a no brainer he'd be in the lineup." He'll see how responds tomorrow morning and see how he feels.

He wasn't with the scrubs, took in ALL the drills- up and downs, 3 on 3's, skated with Murray and Knuble and worked on the PP with Murray and Nylander. It certainly appears he was shaken up and probably nothing more- she said you couldn't tell anything by his skating or shooting.....what the heck is it????

My take? that back injury that bothered him reared its ugly head- but he's probably had deep tissue massage- heat, is going to wear a flack jacket like QB's often wear and he's going to be fine....thats my take. As for the wrist- I believe it was stung pretty good on the hook and was just part of the crash that his body took. He's pretty gumby like himself- he's wiry and pretty lean and his body probably escaped serious injury due to conditioning, age and structure.

It would not suprise me to see the Broons rally around him and Joe to remain focused and totally into the games- which could be a scary thing because sometimes his head seems to be other places from time to time.

Last edited by DKH: 04-06-2004 at 07:57 PM.
Old
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Karen saw no raps on Joe- visible; she asked him if there was any part of his upper body rapped or flaked and Joe laughed and wouldn't answer....she watched him for nearly the full hour and "he moved well, skated well, he shot wrist shots- he seemed OK, but it obviously wasn't a rough and tumble practice.... but he looked good and said he felt good and if it was up to him alone it was a no brainer he'd be in the lineup." He'll see how responds tomorrow morning and see how he feels.

He wasn't with the scrubs, took in ALL the drills- up and downs, 3 on 3's, skated with Murray and Knuble and worked on the PP with Murray and Nylander. It certainly appears he was shaken up and probably nothing more- she said you couldn't tell anything by his skating or shooting.....what the heck is it????

My take? that back injury that bothered him reared its ugly head- but he's probably had deep tissue massage- heat, is going to wear a flack jacket like QB's often wear and he's going to be fine....thats my take. As for the wrist- I believe it was stung pretty good on the hook and was just part of the crash that his body took. He's pretty gumby like himself- he's wiry and pretty lean and his body probably escaped serious injury due to conditioning, age and structure.

It would not suprise me to see the Broons rally around him and Joe to remain focused and totally into the games- which could be a scary thing because sometimes his head seems to be other places from time to time.

Fingers remain crossed until tomorrow at 7:00PM!!! Until then, I'm

Old
04-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Grapes

Thanx a ton for the update !!

i hate not being able to get WEEI

Old
04-06-2004, 09:46 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH

Thanks for the update. Not sure if this was mentioned, but Joe DID give a small insight about the injury, saying that the doctors told him to keep icing it (or words to that effect). I'm no doctor, but I don't ever recall a guy icing his back before to ease pain... I'm guessing it's a digit on his hand that got sprained.

Old
04-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Bruwinz37

I really love it how our media is trying their damndest to get information out on this. What the hell side are they on? I mean why in the world would the Boston media want the other team to know that it is Joe's wrist and not ribs that are the problem (or vice versa)? I am not asking them to be unabashed homers, but this is damn playoffs. How about writing stories on the matchups, the positives and negatives of each team, talking positive about the team's chances. No, they have to keep prying about Joe's injury. When exactly are they going to be happy...when they finally get the information the enemy team is looking for?

Then again I guess it is the *easier* story, so I dont know why I am surprised.

Old
04-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I really love it how our media is trying their damndest to get information out on this. What the hell side are they on? I mean why in the world would the Boston media want the other team to know that it is Joe's wrist and not ribs that are the problem (or vice versa)? I am not asking them to be unabashed homers, but this is damn playoffs. How about writing stories on the matchups, the positives and negatives of each team, talking positive about the team's chances. No, they have to keep prying about Joe's injury. When exactly are they going to be happy...when they finally get the information the enemy team is looking for?

I agree. Why don't they find out what it is and paint a bullseye on the exact area?

Old
04-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants
Thanks for the update. Not sure if this was mentioned, but Joe DID give a small insight about the injury, saying that the doctors told him to keep icing it (or words to that effect). I'm no doctor, but I don't ever recall a guy icing his back before to ease pain... I'm guessing it's a digit on his hand that got sprained.
Ice is the best thing you can do for a bad back.....that or a massage. Icing reduces inflamation which relieves pain. Putting heat on the area will only increase swelling and pain (it may feel better for the time being, but it is the wrong thing to do....unless it is a pulled or tight muscle use ice to reduce swelling). Massaging or electric ultra sound therapy brings healthy blood to the area and the healthy blood promotes repairs.

Old
04-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
I agree. Why don't they find out what it is and paint a bullseye on the exact area?
They probably want the other team to be able to prey on the weakness because they fear that if the Bruins do well they will have to write a positive piece.....god knows what stress that may cause them.

Old
04-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Bruin_Ron

I agree.. if the Bruins can rally around Joe and create some sense of UNITY.. fighting for the same cause.. that'd be great

Old
04-07-2004, 02:49 AM
rockon83

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapesarenotpucks
Thanx a ton for the update !!

i hate not being able to get WEEI
not sure where you're located but 103.7 in RI, currently FNX was just bought by WEEI. not sure when the changeover is, but WEEI will become a 3 station network. pretty impressive for a local sports station..

the only thiing i dont like is how little hockey is talked. when do they discuss the bruins? i stopped listening to WEEI quite some time ago. Which shows talk hockey?

Old
04-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockon83
not sure where you're located but 103.7 in RI, currently FNX was just bought by WEEI. not sure when the changeover is, but WEEI will become a 3 station network. pretty impressive for a local sports station..

the only thiing i dont like is how little hockey is talked. when do they discuss the bruins? i stopped listening to WEEI quite some time ago. Which shows talk hockey?
that might be some great news for me thanx

WEEI's hockey show is called Dale & Neumi weekdays 10am-2pm
(Dale Arnold (or as i like to call him Uncle Dale (bruins play-by-play guy)) and Bob Neumeier)

Last edited by Grapes: 04-07-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old
04-07-2004, 03:44 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing about the media. I know they are doing their jobs, but for freak's sake, don't they realize how much they could be putting Joe & the Bruins at risk?

BTW - is this the first time you had an avatar? Good pick.

PS - Thanks to DKH for the update

Old
04-07-2004, 04:15 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

Arnold and Neumier cleary cover hockey-they do a heck of a job; I listen every day and they ALWAYS get to it and have passion in their discussion' Ordway is a hockey fan= trust me; he used to live pretty close to me and had a local radio show (I think WESX???) and had us on it to talk hockey when we were in HS; I was not on the show myself some of my friends were but I used to talk to him every now and then and it was usually about hockey. There were two other guys who did hockey night in Boston- Darby Yeager and Lance????- Darby lives in my town....on local TV. But Ordway is a hockey fan- Felger certainly is, McAdam doesn't like it; Buckely yes....the guys who aren't are Dennis and Callahan but the rest including Sarandis are pretty much. WEEI still get the residual for the most overrated talk show host and noted hockey basher Eddie Andelman

Old
04-07-2004, 04:51 AM
rockon83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Arnold and Neumier cleary cover hockey-they do a heck of a job; I listen every day and they ALWAYS get to it and have passion in their discussion' Ordway is a hockey fan= trust me; he used to live pretty close to me and had a local radio show (I think WESX???) and had us on it to talk hockey when we were in HS; I was not on the show myself some of my friends were but I used to talk to him every now and then and it was usually about hockey. There were two other guys who did hockey night in Boston- Darby Yeager and Lance????- Darby lives in my town....on local TV. But Ordway is a hockey fan- Felger certainly is, McAdam doesn't like it; Buckely yes....the guys who aren't are Dennis and Callahan but the rest including Sarandis are pretty much. WEEI still get the residual for the most overrated talk show host and noted hockey basher Eddie Andelman
thanks man. that's who it is. andelman. i used to listed to eei and remember one of the hosts bashing hockey all the time. i eventually stopped listening to the station. but 12-2 seems to be the best time to catch hockey talk from what you guys are saying. thanks. ill tune in when i get the chance...

Old
04-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Grapes

Quote:
thanks man. that's who it is. andelman. i used to listed to eei and remember one of the hosts bashing hockey all the time. i eventually stopped listening to the station. but 12-2 seems to be the best time to catch hockey talk from what you guys are saying. thanks. ill tune in when i get the chance...
let's not forget the New England Hockey Journal show on http://www.1510thezone.com/

Saturdays 10am- 12:00
(great show,.. wish it was longer or more often then once a week)

Old
04-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Mad-Marcus

I can speak from experience with a bad back, Cervical 6 & 7, very base of the neck. If Joe has had a partially herniated(bulging) disk which will give you symptoms anywhere from muscle spasms to tingling down your arms and legs, then ice and heat are the order of the day. My phys. therapist have always told me, use what makes it feel better. In my case it was to use heat before exercise, but ice for after and in between. Keep the swelling down.

That being said, it could be a rib, rib cartlidge, or his wrist. Either way it wouldn't be a surprise to ice any of these.

Playing may be easier for him than getting up the next day. The training staff will earn their money these playoffs.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:26 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
I can speak from experience with a bad back, Cervical 6 & 7, very base of the neck. If Joe has had a partially herniated(bulging) disk which will give you symptoms anywhere from muscle spasms to tingling down your arms and legs, then ice and heat are the order of the day. My phys. therapist have always told me, use what makes it feel better. In my case it was to use heat before exercise, but ice for after and in between. Keep the swelling down.

That being said, it could be a rib, rib cartlidge, or his wrist. Either way it wouldn't be a surprise to ice any of these.

Playing may be easier for him than getting up the next day. The training staff will earn their money these playoffs.
Don't know about the "what makes it feel better" part. I think heat will always
feel better than cold.

My phys. Therapist said to use heat to loosen it up before working it, then ice after.
I suppose you would be able to find doctors to defend any and all methods of care.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapesarenotpucks
that might be some great news for me thanx

WEEI's hockey show is called Dale & Neumi weekdays 12-2pm
(Dale Arnold (or as i like to call him Uncle Dale (bruins play-by-play guy)) and Bob Neumeier)
Dale and Neumie show starts at 10am, not noon.

You'll get your share of the Red Sox shut-ins calling in and speculating on every off the field piece of news, but today they should have a focus on the B's.

Old
04-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Grapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
Dale and Neumie show starts at 10am, not noon.
has been corrected thanx

Old
04-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Mad-Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin
feel better than cold.

My phys. Therapist said to use heat to loosen it up before working it, then ice after.
I suppose you would be able to find doctors to defend any and all methods of care.
It's your right to disaree, but this is the philosophy of any good sport medicine facility. Heat aside from warming up an area before stretching and or excercising can bring blood to the muscles, but in my case anyway it always felt better to ice and control swelling. Heat works better after the first 48 hours, especially on bruises for blood reabsorbtion.

The "what makes it feel better" part basically covers what ever makes it feel better.

In my case nothing is better than a shower as hot as you can take it followed by 20 minutes of ice. I'm sure this doesn't work for everybody.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin
feel better than cold.

I guess it depends on your definition of "what makes you feel better is". Yes, heat might bring some immediate relief because it loosens the muscles around the injured area, but the ice will reduce swelling and if done properly will help fix the injured area for good. Heating it will make it feel good for a little while, but it wont help the problem long term. So I guess if you want a few hours of relief you can loosen the muscles with heat, but if you want the problem to get better use ice.

If you are looking for something specifically for muscle pulls, strains etc that WORKS try theragesic. Do NOT use more than three layers, you will regret it!

Old
04-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Mad-Marcus

Quote:
I guess it depends on your definition of "what makes you feel better is". Yes, heat might bring some immediate relief because it loosens the muscles around the injured area, but the ice will reduce swelling and if done properly will help fix the injured area for good. Heating it will make it feel good for a little while, but it wont help the problem long term. So I guess if you want a few hours of relief you can loosen the muscles with heat, but if you want the problem to get better use ice.

If you are looking for something specifically for muscle pulls, strains etc that WORKS try theragesic. Do NOT use more than three layers, you will regret it!

Thanks for picking upthe part of it that I missed. The ice will help promote healing, where heatis just a comfort therapy. In the case of a bruise, the heat will help in reabsorbtion.

Hopefully Joe, just has spasms, because as anybody that has ever suffered from them knows, they can mysteriously go away, with stretching and ice. I've lightly workouted a spasm and had them be gone completely the next day. This is commom with disk injuries, it all about swelling around the nerves.

Blah, blah, blah, I know. Diarrhea of the mouth!
I hope Joe can make the series opening and not have this injury linger throughout the playoff. He could in fact take himself out of the series by not playing hurt.

Closed Thread