Notices

Boston Bruins no longer in first place for family cost index

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
HockeyGoddess

vCash: 500
Boston Bruins no longer in first place for family cost index

The Boston Bruins are no longer leading the league in highest average ticket prices, or family cost index... they're now ranked 5th overall, behind Detroit, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Toronto. Amazingly enough, the NY Rangers are 8th.

NHL Family Cost Index

On the other hand, the Boston Red Sox are #1 in MLB for FCI (Family cost index), the Patriots are #1 in the NFL for FCI, and the Celtics are 5th in the NBA.

Out of the four Boston-centric teams, the Pats are the highest at $405.22/game, followed by the Celtics at $318.09/game, the Bruins at $304.39, and the Red Sox at $263.09.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
The Boston Bruins are no longer leading the league in highest average ticket prices, or family cost index... they're now ranked 5th overall, behind Detroit, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Toronto. Amazingly enough, the NY Rangers are 8th.

NHL Family Cost Index

On the other hand, the Boston Red Sox are #1 in MLB for FCI (Family cost index), the Patriots are #1 in the NFL for FCI, and the Celtics are 5th in the NBA.

Out of the four Boston-centric teams, the Pats are the highest at $405.22/game, followed by the Celtics at $318.09/game, the Bruins at $304.39, and the Red Sox at $263.09.
The Celtics number stuns me...

Old
04-06-2004, 10:27 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr

I guess I'm cheap, but all of those numbers stun me.

To me, with those numbers, taking your family to a game would
be a special occasion, maybe once or twice a year, not a
regular event type of thing.

I also know when I take my 10 year old and 8 year old to minor
league games, thats all we have where I live, they watch the
game for about 2 minutes, then want something, or have to
go the the bathroom, so no one really gets to enjoy the game.
Can't see spending $400 for that type of experience.

Old
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr
Part of this must be influenced by the $750 per seat courtside seats and others that run $250 or so. While relatively small in quantitiy, they cancel out the $10 nosebleeds in a heartbeat. Nothing like watching a court that is about half the area of a rink from far away. The majority of the seats run in the Bruins range of $40-100.

Thankfully I no longer give a damn about pro basketball. Talk about a game that's gone down the tubes.

Old
04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
bostontrevor

I'm with Benji up there.

Those are some damn big numbers and I can't see making it a regular thing. It'd be a very special occassion.

But I'm cheap, it's a known fact, so what do I know. (for example, I refuse to spend $80+ on a sweater that I'd really only wear to the occassional game--I can think of a lot better things to do with that green.)

Old
04-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
Part of this must be influenced by the $750 per seat courtside seats and others that run $250 or so. While relatively small in quantitiy, they cancel out the $10 nosebleeds in a heartbeat. Nothing like watching a court that is about half the area of a rink from far away. The majority of the seats run in the Bruins range of $40-100.

Thankfully I no longer give a damn about pro basketball. Talk about a game that's gone down the tubes.
I never cared that much about the Celtics, but did see a half dozen or so games during the 80's. I haven't gone to an NBA game in Boston in about 15 years, and people I know who do go say it's awful: cheesy mascot, stupid halftime promotions and, of course, piped-in noise DURING the game itself(something hockey bans, thankfully). I guess you have to wake people up when the ball is being walked up the court.

Old
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
misterjaggers

It'll be interesting to see if the Bruins continue to offer $19 tickets next season. I think it's been a nice option for budget-concious folks, especially if you picked a smaller-drawing opponent early in the week when the balcony had alot of empty seats.

Old
04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I really miss the Celtics of the 80's. That type of basketball could be almost as exciting as hockey (but not quite) and the Celtics were good every year too, of course. It's too bad the NBA, uh, I mean, Bird left in 1992. Oh well. B's rule!

Old
04-07-2004, 10:46 AM
ostiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
It'll be interesting to see if the Bruins continue to offer $19 tickets next season. I think it's been a nice option for budget-concious folks, especially if you picked a smaller-drawing opponent early in the week when the balcony had alot of empty seats.
A couple friends and I did this for an Atlanta game a few months back - we walked down the aisle for our section, and the usher just told us to sit anywhere. Front row in the corner section of the balcony at the fleet is pretty sweet. I highly recommend keeping an eye out for such games.

Closed Thread