HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Boston Bruins no longer in first place for family cost index

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
  #1
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Boston Bruins no longer in first place for family cost index

The Boston Bruins are no longer leading the league in highest average ticket prices, or family cost index... they're now ranked 5th overall, behind Detroit, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Toronto. Amazingly enough, the NY Rangers are 8th.

NHL Family Cost Index

On the other hand, the Boston Red Sox are #1 in MLB for FCI (Family cost index), the Patriots are #1 in the NFL for FCI, and the Celtics are 5th in the NBA.

Out of the four Boston-centric teams, the Pats are the highest at $405.22/game, followed by the Celtics at $318.09/game, the Bruins at $304.39, and the Red Sox at $263.09.

__________________
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect!

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
  #2
Nightslyr
Registered User
 
Nightslyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,633
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
The Boston Bruins are no longer leading the league in highest average ticket prices, or family cost index... they're now ranked 5th overall, behind Detroit, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Toronto. Amazingly enough, the NY Rangers are 8th.

NHL Family Cost Index

On the other hand, the Boston Red Sox are #1 in MLB for FCI (Family cost index), the Patriots are #1 in the NFL for FCI, and the Celtics are 5th in the NBA.

Out of the four Boston-centric teams, the Pats are the highest at $405.22/game, followed by the Celtics at $318.09/game, the Bruins at $304.39, and the Red Sox at $263.09.
The Celtics number stuns me...

Nightslyr is online now  
Old
04-06-2004, 10:27 AM
  #3
whatsbruin
Registered User
 
whatsbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr
The Celtics number stuns me...

I guess I'm cheap, but all of those numbers stun me.

To me, with those numbers, taking your family to a game would
be a special occasion, maybe once or twice a year, not a
regular event type of thing.

I also know when I take my 10 year old and 8 year old to minor
league games, thats all we have where I live, they watch the
game for about 2 minutes, then want something, or have to
go the the bathroom, so no one really gets to enjoy the game.
Can't see spending $400 for that type of experience.

whatsbruin is online now  
Old
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
  #4
Beezy
Registered User
 
Beezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Belmont MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr
The Celtics number stuns me...
Part of this must be influenced by the $750 per seat courtside seats and others that run $250 or so. While relatively small in quantitiy, they cancel out the $10 nosebleeds in a heartbeat. Nothing like watching a court that is about half the area of a rink from far away. The majority of the seats run in the Bruins range of $40-100.

Thankfully I no longer give a damn about pro basketball. Talk about a game that's gone down the tubes.

Beezy is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
  #5
bostontrevor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
I'm with Benji up there.

Those are some damn big numbers and I can't see making it a regular thing. It'd be a very special occassion.

But I'm cheap, it's a known fact, so what do I know. (for example, I refuse to spend $80+ on a sweater that I'd really only wear to the occassional game--I can think of a lot better things to do with that green.)

bostontrevor is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 02:19 PM
  #6
Terrier
Registered User
 
Terrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 2,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
Part of this must be influenced by the $750 per seat courtside seats and others that run $250 or so. While relatively small in quantitiy, they cancel out the $10 nosebleeds in a heartbeat. Nothing like watching a court that is about half the area of a rink from far away. The majority of the seats run in the Bruins range of $40-100.

Thankfully I no longer give a damn about pro basketball. Talk about a game that's gone down the tubes.
I never cared that much about the Celtics, but did see a half dozen or so games during the 80's. I haven't gone to an NBA game in Boston in about 15 years, and people I know who do go say it's awful: cheesy mascot, stupid halftime promotions and, of course, piped-in noise DURING the game itself(something hockey bans, thankfully). I guess you have to wake people up when the ball is being walked up the court.

Terrier is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  #7
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
It'll be interesting to see if the Bruins continue to offer $19 tickets next season. I think it's been a nice option for budget-concious folks, especially if you picked a smaller-drawing opponent early in the week when the balcony had alot of empty seats.

misterjaggers is offline  
Old
04-06-2004, 07:08 PM
  #8
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,640
vCash: 500
I really miss the Celtics of the 80's. That type of basketball could be almost as exciting as hockey (but not quite) and the Celtics were good every year too, of course. It's too bad the NBA, uh, I mean, Bird left in 1992. Oh well. B's rule!

trenton1 is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 10:46 AM
  #9
ostiguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
It'll be interesting to see if the Bruins continue to offer $19 tickets next season. I think it's been a nice option for budget-concious folks, especially if you picked a smaller-drawing opponent early in the week when the balcony had alot of empty seats.
A couple friends and I did this for an Atlanta game a few months back - we walked down the aisle for our section, and the usher just told us to sit anywhere. Front row in the corner section of the balcony at the fleet is pretty sweet. I highly recommend keeping an eye out for such games.

ostiguy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.