HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bleacher seats at Yankee Stadium

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Bleacher seats at Yankee Stadium

So, through stubhub I found tickets in the bleachers, section 41, row C, to a game I want to go to in the summer.

I was just wondering what people thought of these seats? I know it says non-alcohol, but that's not really something I care about. I just want to go to Yankee Stadium before it closes... and my favourite team is in town this year.

Anyway, for $36 (I know that's quite a bit above face value), would they be good tickets?

Old
12-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Choice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So, through stubhub I found tickets in the bleachers, section 41, row C, to a game I want to go to in the summer.

I was just wondering what people thought of these seats? I know it says non-alcohol, but that's not really something I care about. I just want to go to Yankee Stadium before it closes... and my favourite team is in town this year.

Anyway, for $36 (I know that's quite a bit above face value), would they be good tickets?
It depends if you get right field bleachers or left field bleachers. Right field bleachers are not bad seats but left field are way too far from the field, you wont be able to see ****. You'd be much better off in the upper deck than the left field bleachers.

EDIT- 41 looks like right field bleachers, so i wouldn't say they're great seats but not terrible by any stretch of the imagination either. Who's your team, Nats?

Old
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
It depends if you get right field bleachers or left field bleachers. Right field bleachers are not bad seats but left field are way too far from the field, you wont be able to see ****. You'd be much better off in the upper deck than the left field bleachers.

EDIT- 41 looks like right field bleachers, so i wouldn't say they're great seats but not terrible by any stretch of the imagination either. Who's your team, Nats?
God no! Despise them. (Long live the Expos, though!) I'm a Padres' fan. They joined at the same time as the 'Spos, so I went with them.

I used to always sit in right field at Olympic Stadium, and then I sat in right at Fenway last year... so I feel obliged to sit there for a game at Yankee Stadium. I'll probably try to get better seats for the second game I go to.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
in the hall

do they really have yankee tickets available already?

Old
12-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Choice

Well enjoy. I'm a Mets fan so I don't know Yankee Stadium too well but I've sat in right field a few times and they're definitely not bad seats.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:43 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
41 is fine... you're going to be right next to the "Bleachure Creatures" who sit in section 39. They really get on teams of the opposing fans, are the loudest fans in the Stadium, but you should have alot of fun in that area. The RF bleachures are really fun.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
Must be season tickets holders.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
on stubhub, yeah.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
41 is fine... you're going to be right next to the "Bleachure Creatures" who sit in section 39. They really get on teams of the opposing fans, are the loudest fans in the Stadium, but you should have alot of fun in that area. The RF bleachures are really fun.
Yeah thats true, the fans in the RF bleachers like to consider themselves the rowdiest and will likely mess with you if you are wearing opposing teams colors (although it wont be as bad for the Padres as for the Red Sox or an AL East team). I would assume its a little more tame now since they stopped selling beer though.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:46 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Must be season tickets holders.
still. i'd be shocked if they actually physically have the tickets yet.

those don't usually get sent out till the start of spring training if i recall correctly.

just an fyi for the thread starter.. another fyi, when you're in the bleachers, you are not in the actual stadium. there is no access to get to any other point of the stadium aside from the bleachers if you were interested in doing that, and also there is no alcohol sold or allowed there.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Choice

Quote:
still. i'd be shocked if they actually physically have the tickets yet.

those don't usually get sent out till the start of spring training if i recall correctly.
True. Pretty crazy though, spring training starts in like 7 weeks. Not too far away.

Old
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Before I buy... there seem to be double letters (I've come across row LL, in particular)... how many double letters are there, before it gets to single? (or is it single, then double)?

Old
12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Choice

Sorry i have no idea about that.

Old
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Before I buy... there seem to be double letters (I've come across row LL, in particular)... how many double letters are there, before it gets to single? (or is it single, then double)?
it doesn't really matter where you are in the bleachers, first row is basically the same thing as the last row, its small and far from home plate but you can literally walk down to any bench since there is almost always room unless its a big game.

also note, i see you don't care about the lack of alcohol, but if you want to tour around yankee stadium that is not possible. you'll just be isolated in the bleachers.

Old
12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Yeah, that's fine. I plan on going to two of the three games against the Padres. I'll get better tickets for the second game, so I can walk around monument park, and such. Thanks for that info, though!

Old
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

So I just bought four tickets to the game on June 17th, vs the Padres.

Old
12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Choice

enjoy, lets go fathers (unless they are in a wild car race against the Mets).

Old
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Bleacher seats are a lot of fun, especially right field, but they don't serve beer out there, so make sure to hit up Stans or the bowling alley place across the street to drink up then for the nine innings you wont be able to!!

edit: oh, you're a sober canadian are you

Old
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
the rows start at aa.

Old
12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
the rows start at aa.
And a lot of the fans end up at AA

heyoooo!

Old
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
ogie

so let me just clarify, you are a padres fan who is going to see the yankees and want to sit in the bleachers? are they playing the Padres, are you planning on cheering for the padres or wearing a padres jersey? If so i highly recommend you avoid the bleachers at all costs. I have been a "bleacher creature" for many a year now, and i have seen some horrible things said and done to visiting fans there. Might want to keep that in mind.

Old
12-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
so let me just clarify, you are a padres fan who is going to see the yankees and want to sit in the bleachers? are they playing the Padres, are you planning on cheering for the padres or wearing a padres jersey? If so i highly recommend you avoid the bleachers at all costs. I have been a "bleacher creature" for many a year now, and i have seen some horrible things said and done to visiting fans there. Might want to keep that in mind.
I haven't been since they banned beer sales. Is it still as rowdy as it used to be?

Old
12-27-2007, 03:19 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
people always exagerate this.

it only applies to fans that are being obnoxious. sure they all get hassled a bit, but unless they respond in a aggressive mannor or that person is being stupid, there's nothing to worry about.

Old
12-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Choice

Quote:
people always exagerate this.

it only applies to fans that are being obnoxious. sure they all get hassled a bit, but unless they respond in a aggressive mannor or that person is being stupid, there's nothing to worry about.
I was there for a subway series game wearing a Mets hat and didn't get much trouble. Granted I was one of many Mets fans there.

Old
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If anyone wants to add anything that would help the thread starter out, please PM him.

Thanks.

Closed Thread