HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: New Years Plans in NYC...

Old
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM
in the hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I'm sure it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and hey, maybe an out-of-towner would love it, but the idea of being that tightly pressed in with so many people, no bathrooms and just the overall congestion of it doesn't seem like much fun to me. Of course, I live here and I never have, nor will go to T.S. on New Years. So maybe someone who has actually done it or another person coming here from out of town would have a better idea.

And not every bar is like that. I agree that many in the city are like that (which is why I'm avoiding going into Manhattan), but there are certainly places in Williamsburg, Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights and Kensington that most likely aren't close to as crowded as the city and it doesn't cost that much to reserve a spot (The place I reserved requires just a $10 cover). For instance, I love Stout, but I would NEVER go there for Times Square. It's already too crowded even after just a Rangers game. I can't even imagine what it would be like for New Years Eve.
well the way i understood your post was suggesting he go to bars in the city and to me that is 10x worse than time square.

imo going to a bar out of the city kind of lame for an out of towner to do. being here and not even get the manhattan experience on new years, just wouldn't satisfy me if it were me that is on vacation.

no one said it was the most comfortable thing to do. its cold, its packed and its a ***** to get home, but at least you were there and you experienced it. thats pretty much the point of it.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I plan on having a quiet new years! My wife gave birth a few weeks ago and we'll prob spend it around family.

I will say though the Village is the best place to party on New Years! Girls will DO ANYTHING in those clubs.
Congrats Garret!!

Speaking of the village, there is a good place for wings down there, i think it's called Down the Hatch.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Choice

Is the team gonna be celebrating in New York or Calgary?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Is the team gonna be celebrating in New York or Calgary?
New York and fly out the 1st.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
New York and fly out the 1st.
That'll probably be one hung-over, bleary-eyed cross-continent flight.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote