HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Columbus @ Nashville - 12/27/07 - 7:00 PM CST

Old
12-27-2007, 11:47 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
And Tootoo's hit at the start of the game was NOT late and really got the game going our direction early, with the resulting Foote penalty and general electricity from the fight.

I forgot to mention a funny scene: Nichols slowly skating right behind a CBJ player (not sure who it was) back to the bench during a stoppage in the 3rd, jawing the entire time. It struck me as hilarious because he had to crane his neck to see the guy's head above him and it looked like the CBJ player would turn around every now and then to look behind him... like he heard the jawing but couldn't tell where it was coming from.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
RollingPredFan

Man, the CBJ's announcers drove me crazy all night, I couldn't wait for the game to finish so I could stop hearing their incessant whining. Geez they were in hyper homer mode last night.

Anyways I was hoping we would pull out a last second win just to tick them off lol, so great job Preds!!

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Man, the CBJ's announcers drove me crazy all night, I couldn't wait for the game to finish so I could stop hearing their incessant whining. Geez they were in hyper homer mode last night.

Anyways I was hoping we would pull out a last second win just to tick them off lol, so great job Preds!!
It must be where a lot of the BJ fan base get their whining from.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 09:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

You know, I've never really had a problem with Jackets fans. The group that used to populate the CBJ board were a good bunch, and we had a fun back-and-forth rivalry with them.

What now hangs out over there makes me genuinely wish nothing but continued failure for the Jackets, and sickens me with their whining.

Now, obviously there are exceptions...Oz is one of the best posters on all of HFboards, and we go back with him...but one look at their GDT is pretty sad. Apparently last night's game is totally the fault of the refs, Tootoo(who now has more goals than Fedorov) is not only worthless, but got taught a lesson by Foote(it certainly didn't look that way at the game, where Tootoo not only got the best punch of the fight, a wicked right haymaker, but also the takedown), and the Jackets are the victims of some sort of conspiracy on the part of the NHL.

I understand the frustration...we get frustrated too, but it seems like the class of poster over there has taken a downswing to "newbie\young\overemotional." It's not to say we don't have those, too...but it's the reason why no one advertises this board over on nashvillepredators.com's boards. There's definitely more activity there, but you have to hear that type of thing, and it's disappointing.

Anyway, rant over. That was mostly a boring game, and we looked like we were content to play for OT throughout most of the third. In a way, Novotny's goal was what we needed, because prior to that, we had gone completely passive and given up on forechecking\taking any sort of offensive initiative. The tying and GWG came through play we also saw in the first..dominant puck possession and aggression. The atmosphere in the SC was pretty great, walking out. A lot of chants\singing walking out...and while 14.5 isn't great...it's a lot better than the 11.5 we were used to seeing on a Thursday night vs the jackets.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

They still have some good posters and the fans that come down to the arena have always been good people.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
You know, I've never really had a problem with Jackets fans. The group that used to populate the CBJ board were a good bunch, and we had a fun back-and-forth rivalry with them.

What now hangs out over there makes me genuinely wish nothing but continued failure for the Jackets, and sickens me with their whining.

Now, obviously there are exceptions...
We have a new crowd on the CBJ board, but not all of them are whiners. I would agree generally speaking with what you say, and alot of the old timers have simply stopped posting because of the bi polar members(you know the type that hype the team when they win, and call for mass trades when they lose).

Read the Prucha thread for fun if you're bored. We have guys that would just as soon ship off Vyborny for whatever we can get in return than resign him. Fact is he just hasn't physically been the same since the Erat hit in preseason, hopefully he's near 100% at last.

Jeff Rimer(the play by play guy on FSN) is a huge homer. He's a good guy, but he lets his affection for the team seriously affect his job. The fact is alot of no calls took place in that game, and early on it was the CBJ that got away with it. As the game went on I thought you guys got away with a few too, so thats what alot of people remember about the game. Overall poor officiating, but not one sided imo. Danny Gare(the color man) is much more objective and has a wealth of experience and knowledge that he tries to share between Rimer's rants.

Good game and hang in there, both of these teams are still playoff worthy.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
We have a new crowd on the CBJ board, but not all of them are whiners. I would agree generally speaking with what you say, and alot of the old timers have simply stopped posting because of the bi polar members(you know the type that hype the team when they win, and call for mass trades when they lose).

Read the Prucha thread for fun if you're bored. We have guys that would just as soon ship off Vyborny for whatever we can get in return than resign him. Fact is he just hasn't physically been the same since the Erat hit in preseason, hopefully he's near 100% at last.

Jeff Rimer(the play by play guy on FSN) is a huge homer. He's a good guy, but he lets his affection for the team seriously affect his job. The fact is alot of no calls took place in that game, and early on it was the CBJ that got away with it. As the game went on I thought you guys got away with a few too, so thats what alot of people remember about the game. Overall poor officiating, but not one sided imo. Danny Gare(the color man) is much more objective and has a wealth of experience and knowledge that he tries to share between Rimer's rants.

Good game and hang in there, both of these teams are still playoff worthy.
I don't necessarily agree with that statement ... our injuries and inconsistency (especially on the PP) are killing the Preds this year

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The CBJ pbp announcer is so homerish, that I generally expect the fans of the BJackets to whine/spout incorrect statements. It is simply inevitable.

12-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The CBJ pbp announcer is so homerish, that I generally expect the fans of the BJackets to whine/spout incorrect statements. It is simply inevitable.
That would be Jeff Rimer, and yes he's a homer. But please don't assume we all inherit his biased view of the game. I actually find the majority of CBJ HF posters agree he is over the top in his affection for the team and certain players.

Old
12-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I don't necessarily agree with that statement ... our injuries and inconsistency (especially on the PP) are killing the Preds this year
Mason could go on a tear at any moment, and when healthy you have the best overall defense in the division. Sullivan would be a difference maker, but you guys are only a few wins out of the playoffs(like Columbus) after a terrible start.

Old
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
HeShootseyScores

Quote:
Mason could go on a tear at any moment, and when healthy you have the best overall defense in the division. Sullivan would be a difference maker, but you guys are only a few wins out of the playoffs(like Columbus) after a terrible start.
I still think both teams could be playoff teams, but most likely not.

HeShootseyScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post

You know I have never felt that way about your board and I find it kinda sad that you would wish failure on our team because we have some idiots that we cant get rid of on our board .. Not everyone who reads and post on here blames the refs .& whines all the time .. Do I hate Nashville yes but not because of Nashville because we cant seem to find a way to beat yall. I would hope that you would be above blaming a whole fan base for a few random Idiots cause most boards on here have them including yours . And One of these days we will find a way to win

Old
12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Pred303

i don't have any problems with jacket fans.. i just hate the team and wish them nothing but failure on the ice

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
i don't have any problems with jacket fans.. i just hate the team and wish them nothing but failure on the ice
Now this I agree with....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
Now this is rivalry

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
That would be Jeff Rimer, and yes he's a homer. But please don't assume we all inherit his biased view of the game. I actually find the majority of CBJ HF posters agree he is over the top in his affection for the team and certain players.
Your reading my statement wrong. I was simply saying that having the mouthpiece of the games spouting off inaccuracies is going to cause quite a few fans to simply echo his comments. This has nothing to do with the intelligence or homerish views (or lack thereof) of CBJ fans, rather it is just pointing out the inevitable outcome of listening to a homer announcer.

----

Ditto 303's comments

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote