HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

STL Blues - One Year Later

Old
12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
9302njd

vCash: 500
STL Blues - One Year Later

I am an NJD season ticket holder who visits STL every year for Christmas (wife's family). Last year, I bought the family Blues tickets, figuring it would be a fun time. we went to the Sabres game was shocked to see the new Scott Trade center (or new for a guy like me who used to go to the old "Arena") was basically half-full with almost no crowd cheering. I know the team was awful but St. Louis always supported their teams (both good and bad) and figured something was really wrong aka the Bruins.

I went to same game this year (vs. Thrashers) and was happy to see a near-sellout (or sellout) crowd for the game. It was loud & passionate just like old Blues games (although the Towel guy wasn't there). The Charles Grant opening is probably the coolest opening to a hockey game I have ever seen. The game was pretty dull (both teams seemed out of it for 1st 2 periods), but the atmosphere was great. Also, the STC is such an impressive facility.

I just wanted to let you Blues fans know how impressive a change it has been in one year from an vistor. It is more than just the difference in the on-ice record, as the fans have come back with full enthusiasm. The Blues have an impressive new management team, a solid marketing department (I know from my weekly update emails/ticket specials) and some great young talent.

Looking forward to next year's game.

9302njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
visits STL every year for Christmas (wife's family)
She truly is your better half. Thanks for the kind words, I went to every game possible last year, as well as this year. The last couple years were really rough.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9302njd View Post
I am an NJD season ticket holder who visits STL every year for Christmas (wife's family). Last year, I bought the family Blues tickets, figuring it would be a fun time. we went to the Sabres game was shocked to see the new Scott Trade center (or new for a guy like me who used to go to the old "Arena") was basically half-full with almost no crowd cheering. I know the team was awful but St. Louis always supported their teams (both good and bad) and figured something was really wrong aka the Bruins.

I went to same game this year (vs. Thrashers) and was happy to see a near-sellout (or sellout) crowd for the game. It was loud & passionate just like old Blues games (although the Towel guy wasn't there). The Charles Grant opening is probably the coolest opening to a hockey game I have ever seen. The game was pretty dull (both teams seemed out of it for 1st 2 periods), but the atmosphere was great. Also, the STC is such an impressive facility.

I just wanted to let you Blues fans know how impressive a change it has been in one year from an vistor. It is more than just the difference in the on-ice record, as the fans have come back with full enthusiasm. The Blues have an impressive new management team, a solid marketing department (I know from my weekly update emails/ticket specials) and some great young talent.

Looking forward to next year's game.
I am a huge Devils fan! Have been a big fan of theirs ever since Sean Burke went on that great run a long, long time ago.

Anyway, we need more positive-vibers like you. Go Devils!!

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
BluesDarb

Wow, I may have to reconsider my overall hatred for the NY/NJ area.

You, sir, are quite alright!

And correct, too...I've been at a handful of games each of the last 6-10 years and yeah, the last two were very rough. This year the crowd seems to be back, and the team is showing signs of life....should be a quick return to respectability for the Blues as a franchise.

BTW, Towel Man was at that game...he was wearing a santa hat and definately got up after the Blues' first goal(Jackman's goal). I wasn't in my seat for our 2nd goal, but I'd assume he made an appearance then too.

I'm almost certain that he was there. I think I remember pointing it out to my buddy who went with me(he's not a huge hockey fan, and needs me to point stuff out for him).

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote