HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your Worst Goal Denial?

Old
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Ten

vCash: 500
Your Worst Goal Denial?

Whats your most memorable experience where you knew you were about to score, but were ultimately denied?

I remember in my 3rd year I had half an empty net to shoot at, took a light snap shot and yelled "Yeahh!!!" only for the puck to get caught up in the armpit mesh of the jersey on the goalie (was WAYYYY too big.)

Needless to say I didn't see another shift for the rest of the period.

Whats you experiences when you thought you had one but really didn't?

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 12:49 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftindust View Post
Whats your most memorable experience where you knew you were about to score, but were ultimately denied?

I remember in my 3rd year I had half an empty net to shoot at, took a light snap shot and yelled "Yeahh!!!" only for the puck to get caught up in the armpit mesh of the jersey on the goalie (was WAYYYY too big.)

Needless to say I didn't see another shift for the rest of the period.

Whats you experiences when you thought you had one but really didn't?

I guess when I was playing defense a few months ago. I jumped up and led a rush up ice, the defenseman forced me to the outside so I went around the net, and made a pass to the point man. He shot it and I deflected it, DING! Off the inside of the post, I thought it went in and I raised one of my arms like an *******. (first time i ever raised my arms like I scored when I didnt...I usually don't even celebrate much but it was a deflection from the like bottom of the circle so I was all excited to think i scored it since i rarely get a chance to deflect a shot playing defense )

Yea it hit the inside of the post but went out.

All well, I really didnt care because I had scored beforehand and we won 3-1 so I still had the last laugh

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

break away and i fell. down. hard.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Vito_81

Easy.

On the PP down one late third. I'm playing down below the circle waiting for a pass across one-timer or a rebound.

A Point shot is ripped wide right. Goalie and both dmen overcommit to the right side. The puck smacks off the boards behind the net and STOPS at the left of the net as its slowed down by all the snow there.

So theres the puck resting right up against the net just below the post. I'm all alone, wide open cage already thinking about a tied game. I grab the puck and let go a quick wrister into the open net and tie the game, right? Wrong. I grab the puck, fan on the shot and see it slide right back into the same position I just took it from at the side of the net. By the time I grabbed it up again all i could do was stuff it into the goalies pads and giver a few wacks.

Safe to say that stick has never seen game action since.

We did manage to tie the game on the next shift to soften the blow. But being the selfish player I am I could care less about that and was angry at myself for not scoring.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Got a nice outlet pass, and skated in one on one against the defenseman. He loses his balance a little and stumbles right into the goalie. So the goalie's down, and I have the entire right side of the net to shoot at. He's got no chance to get over because he's tangled up with the defenseman. At this point, I'm excited, and already crediting the goal to myself. I took the shot as quickly as possible to make sure the goalie doesn't have a chance to recover, but miss it wide.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
I've never done it, I am too good

seriously though, I rarely have "sure-thing" shots on goal, so the opportunity hasn't presented itself to blow an opportunity.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:18 AM
OilerNut*

I have had a couple shots that went off the goalies skate blade, that just pains me.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

The puck was dumped down into the zone and the goalie went out to play the puck and the puck to a really funny bounce off of the boards and it came right to me and I shot it on net and the goalie jumps through the air and slaps the puck away with his stick.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:20 AM
PensFanInCBus

Had a 2-1 coming in against a really good goalie. My center had taken the
defenseman to the left hand side, and I had the entire right side open.
With this goalie, I knew he would get over and stuff anything low, so I decide
to go against the grain and rip one high stick. My center drops a perfect pass
to me, right in the wheelhouse. I CRANKED a snap shot and the goalie, going
to the right side, flares his stick up and tipped it with the tip of his stick blade.

I couldn't believe it. I stood by him for a good 2 seconds laughing, tapped his pads
and back to work.

I don't think I've ever scored on that guy, come to think of it.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:35 AM
LePalle

I steal the puck on a d to d pass on the penalty kill, and I absolutely fly through the neutral zone. Im in one on one, and at right above the hash marks I shoot a PERFECTLY aimed shot, nice and hard, high glove. I had assumed it was going in, because I never miss that shot, and this was a particularly well-aimed and hard shot. The goalie must have guessed where I was going, because there was 0 reaction time. I seriously was sick to my stomach, I was crutched over as I skated back to the bench, amidst cheers of "robbed!" from the other team's bench. That one still hurts.

Another time, it was a 3-3 tie with 5 minutes left, and we're in the defensive zone. Someone (mightve been me, actually) flipped the puck out of our zone, and I use my speed to get past both defensman. Unfortunately, the goalie came out past the top of the circles and slid into the puck just as I got there. I did a Gaborik flip in the air and went from above the circles all the way down to the goalline near the corner. Didnt help that I was having some serious back problems at the time.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak20 View Post
2 on 0 and my winger lays a perfect pass for me to one time a snapper. The goalie was huge so I was looking to beat him low. As he comes across to me he stumbles and leaves a huge 5 hole and I snap it from the right circle right through. Somehow while falling he ended up sitting on it right on the goal line. Tapped his pad and waved to his girlfriend who was losing her mind screaming behind the boards.
Lemme guess what you said to him.....

"Awww, that's ok. You stopped me from scoring now but I'll be scoring later"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnerican View Post
break away and i fell. down. hard.
Whoa!! Denis Wideman is a poster here?

Last edited by FissionFire: 12-29-2007 at 12:11 PM.
FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 12:48 PM
spoon*

I deked through a defenseman and i'm on the red line with the goalie looking straight at me, I flip the puck over his head, it hits the crossbar and I see it pass the red line completely, soon after the goalie sneaks it out and the ref said that he didn't see it go in so it dosn't count.

That was annoying, I felt like punching the ref out(or the goalie)

spoon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Shootout. 3 shooters. No one has scored. I'm the last shooter. I walk around the goalie, only to have the shot hit the post, hit the goalies back, and go in. I celebrated, but the goal was denied becasue the puck didn't maintain forward progress. So the game was a tie .

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 02:51 PM
OrrNumber4

I've had a few of my nice passes to open players with half the net open get wasted!

But personally, goalie makes a save to the side of the next and stumbles; puck pops back to the point. I have a CLEAR shot at a wide-open net, yet completely fan on the shot. I spin around and try again only to break my stick as the puck slides uselessly to the corner.

Pulled the Datsyuk move on a goalie perfectly only to hit what I think was a rut in the ice and go tumbling spectacularly.

Lead a pretty strong rush from our own, putting a few nice moves on a couple of opposing players and knocking a guy down at center. I make a very nice move to get around the defenseman moving from the outside to the inside. I remember the goalie was absolutely square to the puck, and as I stickhandle a little with less and less room to maneuver, he drops into the butterfly with a gaping five-hole and plently of space in the top-half of the net. But as I dip my shoulder, somehow my whole body bends and I go tumbling down. Thinking back, I may have tripped on the goalie's stick, but I'm not sure.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Steelhead16

3 seconds left in a midget game way back when. Down by 1 and the faceoff to the left of the opposing goalie. Our center wins the draw clean straight back to me and I one time a slapshot to the top left corner (I just let it go I din't really aim it). Goalie moves at the last second and the puck hits the knob of tape on the goalies stick and goes over the net. All I could see was puck and net and then it was gone in a flash. Same thing happened a few years later but I was the center and our defenseman did score, so that felt extra good.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Lemme guess what you said to him.....

"Awww, that's ok. You stopped me from scoring now but I'll be scoring later"

Whoa!! Denis Wideman is a poster here?

Hahaha no.

It was my third varsity game. I got the puck at our blue line... I am by far the fastest skater in my leage so I was able to get by the one defender easily. I was at about 10 ft from the crease when I started to take a shot but I did something weird and I tripped myself with my stick.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Sensfanman

I've been playing a while now and every year there's a goalie who is always in the same age group and level as me and every year, at least once usually more, he pulls a stunt where he either sits/gloves a puck that barely crosses the line and pulls it out or he knocks the net off if he knows he's beaten with his leg or elbow. The worst such incident occurred in the league finals on me.

3 on 2, I'm open on the right side of the net, the winger dekes his d-man and shoots low. The goalie drops into his butterfly and the puck goes off the inside of his right pad. The puck bounces over to me while the goalie does his thing nudging the net off (I have video, it's clear). I tap the puck in easily and am psyched due to it being the finals and that being the first goal to make it 1-1 (bad reffing and a dumb goalie are to blame for the goal against but that's another story). My whole team erupts and we are cheering. The goal is disallowed due to the net being off, we are all pissed but we know we can win.

Oh and later on, I make a sick break out pass to my winger who is a great 1 on 1 goal scorer for a breakaway. Again, the goalie knows he's boned so he he preps for battle. The winger makes his move and slides in five hole right off the back of the net and almost back out. Of course the goalie sits on the puck, shoves forward 2 inches (the refs were well behind the play) and oh look, it didn't cross the line. No goal. It's now 2-0 for them so we are REALLY mad now.

Suffice to say, we won 3-2 thanks to a hat trick (and their guys trying to fight us with 3 mins left in a tie game) from the best player in the league so we were happy. Go Karma!

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 12:11 PM
It Kills Me

OK, we were down by 1, with like a minute left, I get a breakaway, get past the defender, deke the goalie, wide open net, but I get tangled up, I try to get the shot off but I miss the puck, pretty blatant to those watching the game that I didn't score. But I try and sell it. Arms in the air.

I probably looked like a turd, but haha, it was pretty fun.

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
BigBearnier

last season, the other team had taken the lead in the last minute. In the last 20 seconds we get a faceoff in the other end, i win the faceoff and get the puck back, the defencman on the point takes a slapshot which is deflected back to me all alone in the slot. I have a wide open net and rip it off the crossbar with time expiring...

broke a stick on that one...

BigBearnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Gallick

Mine is almost exactly like theCookieMonster's:

We were down one with about seven or eight minutes to go the third period of a game and we had some pretty heavy pressure in their end, lots of shots. A shot from the high slot from one of the wingers hit the goalie's pad, bounced kind of weird and landed directly on the blade of my stick about twelve feet out. The goalie lost sight of the puck, so here I am staring into an open cage. My first thought is obviously throw the puck at the net without thinking, it hits the crossbar moving upwards and to the left, bounces down, now completely behind the goaltender who has no idea where it is, hits the far post, and drops onto onto the ice. He just kind of fell on it and killed the play.

It was so ridiculous, like something you see in a video game or something. I actually laughed out loud and switched sticks as soon as I got back to the bench.

Gallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
WVP

As someone who goes for the deke rather than shooting on a breakaway 95% of the time, there's been way too meeting ridiculous saves on me after the goalie was faked out the net. Just comes with the territory I suppose.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:32 AM
BigBearnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallick View Post
Mine is almost exactly like theCookieMonster's:

We were down one with about seven or eight minutes to go the third period of a game and we had some pretty heavy pressure in their end, lots of shots. A shot from the high slot from one of the wingers hit the goalie's pad, bounced kind of weird and landed directly on the blade of my stick about twelve feet out. The goalie lost sight of the puck, so here I am staring into an open cage. My first thought is obviously throw the puck at the net without thinking, it hits the crossbar moving upwards and to the left, bounces down, now completely behind the goaltender who has no idea where it is, hits the far post, and drops onto onto the ice. He just kind of fell on it and killed the play.

It was so ridiculous, like something you see in a video game or something. I actually laughed out loud and switched sticks as soon as I got back to the bench.

hah, mine had a ridiculous bounce too. I onetimed it off the crossbar, it bounced back hit the sideboards, and back down to the other end of the rink....

BigBearnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:46 PM
TheBruinsFan

Send a message via AIM to TheBruinsFan
I had a breakaway in the final minute of the game, we were down by 2 I think. Anyway the puck was rolling on edge and I'm skating hard to try and catch it, I'm still a good 6-8 feet ahead of the closest opponent so the goalie comes way out to try and play the puck, I beat him to it and hes sprawled out on the ice 2 feet away from his crease with no way of blocking the shot, I shoot the puck while it's still on edge instead of spending half a second to settle it down...and it goes higher than I expected, missing an empty net over the crossbar. All I heard was groans from my bench and laughs from the other teams.

Luckily I assisted on a goal maybe 20 seconds later, but we still lost and needless to say it took a few games before people stopped rubbing in missing the net.

TheBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
togahcky21

there was a soft dump in the middle of the ice and there goalie came out to playit so I cut of his pasing angle and took the pass I quickly fired a shot and the goalie skid back towards the net and pulled off a 2 padstack

togahcky21 is offline   Reply With Quote