HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Post Your Top 10 European NHL Players

Old
12-29-2007, 12:36 AM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
As positively astounded as I am to find Jagr so low... where the hell is Stastny? I hate that guy and still wouldn't rank Zubov or Sundin (completely inferior in every way imaginable) ahead of him.
I perpetually underrate singularly offensive players, so take Jagr's placement with a grain of salt. Stastny is right behind Sundin at 11 or 12 or so ... Stastny and Sundin have similar numbers, Stastny put them up in fewer games, but he did it back in the 80's, and his best consistent teammate/linemate (Michel Goulet) trumps anyone Sundin has had for most of Sundin's career. The difference between Sundin's and Stastny's NHL achievements are basically a coin flip to me.

As far as Zubov, remember, we're talking NHL achievement. Zubov's had the 2nd best Soviet-born NHL career (behind only Fedorov) ... his two Cups are huge and are a large part of the reason I rate his NHL career higher than Stastny's.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Loto68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton_19 View Post
Uh, Valery Kharlamov deserves mention as he is the greatest russian player of all time, and better than Bure or Fedorov.

In fact, usually when we do the euro category, Russians get their own "Russian" category.
There are plenty of players from before Russians entered the NHL that could be on that list. Kharlamov didn't play in the NHL anyway, but in terms of Valeri, you have to include a player like Boris Mikhailov.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote