HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/27/07. Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins. Mellon Arena. 7:30pm.

Old
12-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

vCash: 500
tarik "Boudreau said there was a delay in getting the doctor down to the locker room to stitch up Ovechkin. But I was not able to verify this."

Do the caps bring their own staff on the road, or was the delay from pitts medical staff? I found this pretty interesting, you would think with a player as good as AO the caps would want to sitch him up as fast as they can.

Did he not return to the game bc of the injury or bc the medical staff was to slow sitching him up?

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Ruutu is a worthless piece of ****. I hope Brashear gives him a career ending KO in a fight. It sounds harsh, but a player like that has no place in the NHL, or professional sports for that matter.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:31 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyk View Post
During live action I thought that malkin took out morrisonn and interfered with him. I rewound it after the loss and malkin was skating in front of morrisonn when mo wrapped him up with both arms and then threw malkin and himself into the boards.

It was probably the right call if you are going by the book. It's one of those ticky-tack calls that don't have any effect on the play though since the puck was going out of the zone the other way at the time. I hate those. Let them play!
If you call an entire game as loose as they called that one, calling that with 5 minutes left is inexcusable. After what Gary Roberts did all game and got away with it, that whistle should've been so far up the refs ass by that point that only a gastroenterologist should've been able to get it out.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
tarik "Boudreau said there was a delay in getting the doctor down to the locker room to stitch up Ovechkin. But I was not able to verify this."

Do the caps bring their own staff on the road, or was the delay from pitts medical staff? I found this pretty interesting, you would think with a player as good as AO the caps would want to sitch him up as fast as they can.

Did he not return to the game bc of the injury or bc the medical staff was to slow sitching him up?
Here is a scenario that I considered. The Caps have a doctor on the road with them and was not available because he was with Johnson and not in the locker room....X ray facility possibly not on premisise?

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 12:15 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Woulda, Shoulda. Bruce is right. They had several chances to score a put away goal and didnt. That last penalty and lucky bounce goal should never have come into play.

On the other hand, what did Morrisonn do to get a roughing penalty?
He finished his check high and 'rubbed' across his face. The Pens replay from ice level showed it pretty well. Refs arm came up right away.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 12:18 PM
malyk

Quote:
Here is a scenario that I considered. The Caps have a doctor on the road with them and was not available because he was with Johnson and not in the locker room....X ray facility possibly not on premisise?
Mellon Arena is so old it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have anything on site.

Johnny wouldn't be needing constant medical attention from his injury.

The team doctors usually sit right near the benches or right near the openings to the locker rooms. Mellon has the doors to the locker rooms across the ice from the benches (at least for visiting teams). Perhaps the doc was "all the way" on the other side of the arena near the bench? Perhaps he had no cell phone reception!

I really doubt there was any kind of conspiracy here. Maybe he had the s****s!!! We'll never know.

malyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 12:19 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
If you call an entire game as loose as they called that one, calling that with 5 minutes left is inexcusable. After what Gary Roberts did all game and got away with it, that whistle should've been so far up the refs ass by that point that only a gastroenterologist should've been able to get it out.
Not to mention Sid's whacks with his stick. I don't know how Brash just didn't turn around and beat him into oblivion. I don't have that kind of control.

Old
12-28-2007, 01:04 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
He finished his check high and 'rubbed' across his face. The Pens replay from ice level showed it pretty well. Refs arm came up right away.

Ah...well, that was stupid. Morrisonn knows better than that.

Old
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
HunterSThompson

Quote:
Ah...well, that was stupid. Morrisonn knows better than that.
the thing i didnt like about it, was that it seemed that malkin was going after him and morissonn just sort of stood him up

HunterSThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshlchmps05 View Post
the thing i didnt like about it, was that it seemed that malkin was going after him and morissonn just sort of stood him up
I liked the way Mo played in this game. The call was marginal but I like it when Mo brings a little rough stuff to his game. I guess some teams like Pit and TB fire him up.

Old
12-28-2007, 08:28 PM
txpd

Quote:
I obviously didnt see it. But the idea of losing a game because of a late in the 3rd period roughing penalty is not acceptable. Borderline or not.

I am a Morrisonn fan, but they were counting down to a big win on the road against a team they need to pass to make the playoffs. A roughing penalty seems like such a waste.

Old
12-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Foy

Quote:
I thought going to the break that it was interference on Malkin, because that's what he did. Morrisonn didn't have the puck, and Malkin pushed him out of the way to allow the puck carrier a clear shooting lane.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:27 PM
malyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I thought going to the break that it was interference on Malkin, because that's what he did. Morrisonn didn't have the puck, and Malkin pushed him out of the way to allow the puck carrier a clear shooting lane.
I thought the same, but replaying it afterwards shows mo grabbing malkin as he skated by him instead of the other way around.

malyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by malyk View Post
I thought the same, but replaying it afterwards shows mo grabbing malkin as he skated by him instead of the other way around.
Two things happend....Malkin tried to pick Mo and Mo almost clotheslined Malkin.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote