HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting NYR team stats through 30DEC07

Old
12-29-2007, 09:42 AM
DM23BK30

vCash: 500
Interesting NYR team stats through 30DEC07

POWER PLAY/PENALTY KILL

1) The Rangers are 17th in the NHL in PP% (16.9), but are tied for ninth in PPG scored (30 PPG). They are also fifth in the NHL in PP opportunities (178), which comes to about 4.8 (pretty much 5) PP opps. a game. In contrast, the NJD are 27th in the NHL in PP% (13.8) and are tied with the second lowest PPG total in the NHL (22 PPG)----------------On home ice, the rangers operate at a 19.2 percent clip, are fifth in the NHL with 19 PPG scored at the Garden, and receive 4.9 PP opps. a game, but on the road, the Rangers are near the bottom of the NHL with only 11 PPG scored on the road, and are only 13.9 percent successful.

2) The Rangers have been shorthanded only 159 times, the eighth lowest total in the league (about 4.3 times SH a game). The 23 PPG's allowed this season is the third lowest total in the NHL, and their 85.5 PK% is fifth in the league

FACEOFFS

1) Rangers are 4th in the NHL in FO winning % (52.6) Gomez is 8th (56.3), Drury is 11th (55.4) and Dubinsky is 50th (50.1)...Surprisingly, Betts is the only ceter under 50% (47.6), but I have a feeling his FO% is better SH than at ES.

SHOTS FOR/AGAINST

1) Rangers are 4th in the NHL with 1152 shots (31.1 per/g) and are 5th in shots against (972). However, Chicago (who is fourth) and St. Louis (who is third) have played one and two less games, respectively. So the Rangers are third in the NHL with only 26.3 shots allowed a game.

Goals scored/allowed

1) Rangers are dead last in the NHL in goals scored in the second period, and have been scored on 38 times in the 2nd, 19th in the league. However, only Detroit and Philly have given up less goals in the 3rd period (Rangers GA in 3rd Pd 26)

I know all this stuff is available on NHL.com, but I figure I'd condense it.

Some surprises are Gomez being better than Drury on FO's, and that the Rangers PP isn't that bad after all. It could be better, which is scary for the league.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
ruckus*

I think some people here might have a heart attack when they read our SOG stat. Imagine if we were last in the league? Then people would really be freaking out every game. And to think, we still need to shoot the puck and hit the net more, but we're better than the majority of the league statistically.

And the second period stat....man, you didn't have to tell me that. That period has just been a killer for us all season. They seem to start well, can't crack through with a goal after dominating, and then in the second it falls apart. When we recover in the third it's too late. Story of our season so far if you ask me.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 10:59 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I think some people here might have a heart attack when they read our SOG stat.
I think that's what happens when the people yelling "shoot" only watch the Rangers.

12-29-2007, 11:29 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I think that's what happens when the people yelling "shoot" only watch the Rangers.
Right. There are plenty of extremely talented PP units out there that struggle at times like ours. That's not to say that reluctance to shoot isn't a part of our struggles, but some fans seem to think that our talent alone ought to put us top-3 in the league, PP-wise.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:13 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
On home ice, the rangers operate at a 19.2 percent clip, are fifth in the NHL with 19 PPG scored at the Garden, and receive 4.9 PP opps. a game, but on the road, the Rangers are near the bottom of the NHL with only 11 PPG scored on the road, and are only 13.9 percent successful.
That means keep yelling SHOOT! It's working!

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Last night's PP explosion pushed the NYR up to 14th on the PP% list, and 7th on the PPG list!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote