HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

falling like a rock

Old
12-29-2007, 10:55 AM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
falling like a rock

well it looks like the Blues lack of depth has finally caught up with them.. Back to the rebuilding mode. Who will be traded for more picks this year. Legace ,Jackman,
Backman or Mc Kee are the list of probables. Oh well only a couple of months before Oshie and hopefully others join the team.

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:06 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
well it looks like the Blues lack of depth has finally caught up with them.. Back to the rebuilding mode. Who will be traded for more picks this year. Legace ,Jackman, Backman or Mc Kee are the list of probables. Oh well only a couple of months before Oshie and hopefully others join the team.
Well, that sure didn't take long...

What are you talking about "back to rebuilding mode," son? The Blues haven't left rebuilding mode yet. They're actually a little ahead of schedule, and it seems that some folks interpret that as being "done" with rebuilding.

They're much improved over the last couple of years, but they still have a ways to go yet. Welcome to the real world.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:12 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

where is that damned "chicken little" emoticon when you need it?

ah, there it is.

well that is anticlimatic.

Old
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
well it looks like the Blues lack of depth has finally caught up with them.. Back to the rebuilding mode. Who will be traded for more picks this year. Legace ,Jackman,
Backman or Mc Kee are the list of probables. Oh well only a couple of months before Oshie and hopefully others join the team.
Woyrika for President!!

Dude (ahem dudette?), change takes a long time. So many people have very little perspective on how things actually work and how long it takes to get things done.

Think about this oregon; in history class in high-school (if you've made it there yet--meant in a non-smarmy way) in your one hour class you read 50-100 pages that covered 1000 years of history. We usually have little perspective on the pace of change over time. 1000 years in one hour. Think about that. And we wonder why we are so impatient.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:38 AM
execwrite

Quote:

All right, close your eyes and imagine a future (next year) with Oshie, Berglund, Polak and Woywitka and maybe Porter and Duncan in the lineup. And Rucinsky, Backman, Jackman and Mike Johnson gone.

As others have said, it's a process. Anything good this year is hockey gravy.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 11:59 AM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602

Oh Noes!

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Lets look at a few of the more successful franchises today, from 10 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997-98...enators_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_B...htning_seasons

I mean there are tonnes more but after the 2005-06 season, this team became the equivalent of an expansion team with the advantage of a few good drafts from previous seasons. The turnaround for most expansion teams is 4-7 years until they are consistently competitive. Look at those early 90's Senators and Lightning teams, they took alot longer than that.

The mistake we could make is cashing in on our early success this season by mortgaging the future again...which we've done again and again to no success.

McKee, Kariya, Guerin, Weight, Tkachuk, and a few others have been brought in or brought back to help us stay competitive for the fans while we transition into the future. The future is not now so lets get comfortable because this is really only year 2 of what should be a 4-7 year plan to transition us into the upper echelon. Nothing worth having tends to come easily.

Old
12-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Blue Sur

In light of the early-season poll about the Blues' success this year (right here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=423260), this is exactly the position where many (if not most) of us placed the boys in Blue. With the least games played in the West, the Blues are in a decent position to fight for a playoff spot.

Last edited by Blue Sur: 12-29-2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: link for reference
Blue Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 02:30 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sur View Post
In light of the early-season poll about the Blues' success this year, this is exactly the position where many (if not most) of us placed the boys in Blue. With the least games played in the West, the Blues are in a decent position to fight for a playoff spot.

Is the picture supposed to symbolize foundation, or lack thereof? Or does it have some other significance?

Oh, I get it! It's a falling rock.

Old
12-29-2007, 02:38 PM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Is the picture supposed to symbolize foundation, or lack thereof? Or does it have some other significance?

Oh, I get it! It's a falling rock.
It took me a bit to get it...I feel dumb.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Blue Sur

It might symbolize the Blues' position in the standings: still hanging in there, not yet dislodged, crashed like someone's blood sugar.

Maybe I should have rebuilt my response or added a few pic(k)s.

Blue Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
General Veers

We're not even to the All-Star break yet! We could easily get the 7th or 8th spot, which if you remember where we were before, would be a HUGE success!

Last edited by Irish Blues: 12-29-2007 at 04:06 PM.
General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 04:14 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
We're not even to the All-Star break yet! We could easily get the 7th or 8th spot, which if you remember where we were before, would be a HUGE success!
Just tell Ron Caron to STAY HOME. NO MEAT ON THE BURNER. SAY NO TO GARTH.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 04:21 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
You're right FIO, there is only, what, more than half of the season left? Pull the plug! Abandon hope! They are DONE!!! We are DOOOOOMED!! DOOOOOOMED!!!

Jeez, I thought I was a cynic.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 05:05 AM
fan in oregon

sorry about all the negativity. i guess i got spoiled from all the early sucess and was hoping the addition of mac donald would put us over the top and make the playoffs.
GO BLUES

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
sorry about all the negativity. i guess i got spoiled from all the early sucess and was hoping the addition of mac donald would put us over the top and make the playoffs.
GO BLUES
No need to apologize. The playoffs are still a realistic goal, and a possibility, but there's still a lot of work to do in the rebuild. The early success spoiled a lot of us, but recent weeks have shown that the Blues have the talent to compete. They just need to develop a little more consistency, and cohesiveness as a unit.

And for Pete's sake, JD/LP/AM -- do something about the friggin' power play. And if Montreal (or anyone else) will give a player and a pick for Backman, move his butt yesterday...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 12:39 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
GO BLUES
That's okay oregon. We still love ya anyway.