HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

after prucha night

Old
12-30-2007, 01:45 PM
isles20*

vCash: 500
You dont base a player on ONE game's performance but i still say you shouldnt trade him cause you wouldn't get much anyways. A lot of posters who wanted to trade him before yesterday, are now changing their minds after a ONE game performance.

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 01:59 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
You dont base a player on ONE game's performance but i still say you shouldnt trade him cause you wouldn't get much anyways. A lot of posters who wanted to trade him before yesterday, are now changing their minds after a ONE game performance.
Who's a lot of posters?

Point out which ones that said "trade him!, trade him!, trade him!" that are now saying "keep him!, keep him!, keep him!"

The majority of us that said Prucha needs a change of scenery and should be traded are still agreeing with him being traded if the right deal was offered.

A 2 goal night doesn't change mine, or most of these posters' minds..even though we're happy for Prucha and hope it results in more....

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
DontStepanMe

I hope he brings up his trade value and than I still would package him for a bigger winger, if one was available. He's just way to streaky for me and I still am not convinced that he is that good. He still hasn't produced at ES. He is still too one dimensional. If the right deal comes along I would trade him w/o thinking twice. He is not an irreplaceable player by any means.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers16 View Post
do we ranger fans still want to trade prucha in the next week if we could or do you want to give him another shot..... i say one more shot the next three games what do you guys think
If he puts in a pair more tonight, I say keep him. Otherwise, I still want him out. We can start shopping him, if he picks up pace from the confidence of those 2 goals, then fine. If not, at least we'll know what we can get for him.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 02:20 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
If he puts in a pair more tonight, I say keep him. Otherwise, I still want him out. We can start shopping him, if he picks up pace from the confidence of those 2 goals, then fine. If not, at least we'll know what we can get for him.
So I guess if he scores only one then trade him...

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 02:45 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
in the third period anyone else notice how well the prucha-dubi-cally line played? sure it was a blow out and the leafs mailed it in but just look at how the 3 of them were forechecking hard, getting to loose pucks and getting scoring chances. it's a shame, they finally get extended time in a 6-1 game, it's a shame renney doesn't just let them get more ice time, screw the 4th line take some of their ice time away

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 02:57 PM
NYR Viper

i still think the one thing the rangers are missing is that big, physical winger that can forecheck hard and set-up in front without being killed.....if prucha and a prospect could be traded for that i am all for it, besides that i think the team is fine.....i wouldnt just get rid of him for a pick but i wouldnt take him out of a trade if someone asked

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Ranger1135

I don't know what it is but last year it was the same thing with Prucha. Bad first half...started picking it up in the second half. I think he scored 12 to 15 of his goals after the holidays. I'll take another 12 to 15 in the second half.
And the guy for all of his short comings brings it every night. I'd much rather have him then say...... Callahan. Granted Cally is coming of of an injury, but even before that he just wasn't even on the radar in most games. Not advocating getting rid of Callahan, just pointing out that in the time that both of them have played Prucha has shown more NHL level talent & desire in my estimation.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1135 View Post
I don't know what it is but last year it was the same thing with Prucha. Bad first half...started picking it up in the second half. I think he scored 12 to 15 of his goals after the holidays. I'll take another 12 to 15 in the second half.
And the guy for all of his short comings brings it every night. I'd much rather have him then say...... Callahan. Granted Cally is coming of of an injury, but even before that he just wasn't even on the radar in most games. Not advocating getting rid of Callahan, just pointing out that in the time that both of them have played Prucha has shown more NHL level talent & desire in my estimation.
.....idk about that...callahan seems to be the better forechecker.....also callahan is 4 or 5 years younger then prucha...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 04:36 PM
pruuu

people don't make sense. Regardless of trading. You dont trade away youth with talen right away. Lets just be happy that we won and scored more then 5 goals and hope the rest of the season goes the same. The team is loaded with talent. We should not have to take away or add anything to have success.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 04:38 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
.....idk about that...callahan seems to be the better forechecker.....also callahan is 4 or 5 years younger then prucha...
3 years younger, and Callahan is a better forechecker and a better hitter. If Prucha gained some muscle/weight however....

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Ranger1135

Callahan might be a better forechecker and yes he is three years younger and he may develop, but the reality is he has 5 goals to his credit, four from last season (2 in one game Vs. the Bruins if memory serves me right) and a grand total of 7 pts in 35 games as a Ranger.
Once again I am not advocating getting rid of anybody. But Prucha to me has already proven he can score at the NHL level scoring 20+ his first two years in the league. His cap hit is not huge and we have him locked up through 09. I just can't justifying getting rid of him at present.

Ranger1135 is offline   Reply With Quote