HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft - 14th Pick and Possibly 23-24 Pick

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2004, 10:26 PM
  #26
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
I don't know if Lowe will try and move up

but he's likely to tell the media that he tried to. We can always count on that

Matts is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
  #27
Bohologo
Registered User
 
Bohologo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
those past 14th picks arent too tantilizing are they (no offense intended to any of them, because some are solid NHLers)...... if lowe can get into the top 8 by moving both the 1st rounder i think he should do it, but who knows what will actually happen and who the oilers are high on or not so high on
I agree. Compiling the decade's 14th picks reinforces the idea that being the best non-playoff team is a bit of a curse in both directions: no playoff gate, underwhelming draft pick. With two first rounders, Lowe needs to go after star quality, as depth seems adequate at this point.

Bohologo is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 11:32 AM
  #28
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
but he's likely to tell the media that he tried to. We can always count on that

You don't believe he did try to move up each of teh last 3 years Dennis?

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 11:37 AM
  #29
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Boondock: One guy you left off of your list is Drew Stafford and he makes a lot of sense for the Oilers. He's playing for North Dakota (with Matt Greene) and it's obvious that collegians are a target for the Oilers. He's also Barrie Stafford's (oiler equip. manager) nephew so there's your tie-in with Edmonton. Plus he's a prototypical power forward, I'm told better than Colin McDonald. And he's rated #9 in N.A. which should still have him available with the 14th pick.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
  #30
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
it's obvious that collegians are a target for the Oilers.
With the new CBA on the horizon, is it possible that we could see the Oilers move away from the Collegians?

I thought the main reason for them going that route was because there was more flexibility for the team to sign the draftees first contract.

copperandblue is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 12:07 PM
  #31
Boondock Saint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
Boondock: One guy you left off of your list is Drew Stafford and he makes a lot of sense for the Oilers. He's playing for North Dakota (with Matt Greene) and it's obvious that collegians are a target for the Oilers. He's also Barrie Stafford's (oiler equip. manager) nephew so there's your tie-in with Edmonton. Plus he's a prototypical power forward, I'm told better than Colin McDonald. And he's rated #9 in N.A. which should still have him available with the 14th pick.
I left him off on purpose, as I REALLY don't want Stafford at 14. A couple of my friends played with him at Shattucks, and from what I've been told, I wouldn't want him that high. He usually has a couple good rushes every game, but then disappears for the rest of the night. I don't see him as a long-term goal-scoring option. He's big, but not necessarily a power forward. He's supposedly a bit soft.

I would be extremely disappointed if we ended up with Stafford at 14, but maybe the Oilers know something I don't. Maybe with Philly's pick if he's still around, but I don't think he has the homerun potential we're looking for.

Boondock Saint is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 12:53 PM
  #32
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I left him off on purpose, as I REALLY don't want Stafford at 14. A couple of my friends played with him at Shattucks, and from what I've been told, I wouldn't want him that high. He usually has a couple good rushes every game, but then disappears for the rest of the night. I don't see him as a long-term goal-scoring option. He's big, but not necessarily a power forward. He's supposedly a bit soft.
Wow, you just described Brad Isbister right down to the DNA sample.

I'm not enough of a draft aficionado to have much of any idea about who we should or shouldn't pick when it's around the mid rounds, at that point it's no more than a dice roll anyway. Are there any good goalies that might be around that range? Personally, I'm kind of leaning that way just in case JDD isn't the savior.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
  #33
Taco Grande
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Iceland
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
I just realized that I need to catch up on my predraft reading. So far I only reconize a handful of those names and that's doing me no good. Any recommended reading suggestions?

Taco Grande is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
  #34
oilswell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Wandering the globe
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
does a package of both firsts, Hemsky, and Isbister move you up to #1? Would it be worth it anyways?
It might be worth it IMO. I know next to zilch about the draft, but I now know that without exception the truly great players are obvious by the age of 18 and go really early unless there's extenuating (e.g., the Soviet-era like Bure and Fedorov) or truly unusual circumstances. I don't know all that much about Ovechkin but he seems to be one of these special, top players.

The problem is: because of this I don't see anyone parting with Ovechkin. I just don't think it would happen.

Didn't Burke trade up twice to get one of the sisters? Maybe Lowe could trade up to #3 or something and then add something to that to get to #1?

oilswell is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 01:39 PM
  #35
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
The problem is: because of this I don't see anyone parting with Ovechkin. I just don't think it would happen.
This says it all right there. Unless Lowe is willing to seriously over pay, we have no chance at Oevchin. I do think that he will move up in the draft because we can't go into next season with the forwards we have. Too many of them. I think this year, Lowe will unload of couple of them, packaged with a D-man and the Oilers should move up fairly high.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 02:06 PM
  #36
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
No I don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
You don't believe he did try to move up each of teh last 3 years Dennis?
for Pitkanen, yeah I believe that but his other stories, as far as IMC, could be just as much self promotion as anything else.

Lowe seems like a nice guy on times but he can also be very crafty and he knows the kinds of things the fanbase likes to hear and one of those is that he tired to move up.

It was great that Lowe gave you the access to do those interviews but right now it's hard for me to take seeing Cgy in 6th, given the acquisiton that put them there, with a great chance at the second round when facing the Canucks.

If Lowe takes responsibility for botching the Salo situation and thus the season, then I'll like him a little more

Matts is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 02:11 PM
  #37
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
I think they'll end up with Sindel and Montoya.

If they move up they'll probably draft Olesz, Barker, McGrath in the top 10.

I like Schremph but he's most likely a top 5 pick. He's the type of player that brings fans into the arena singlehandedly because he's so damn entertaining to watch. The Kobe Bryant or Vince Carter of hockey if you will.

outKast* is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 03:01 PM
  #38
kyle
Registered User
 
kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I think they'll end up with Sindel and Montoya.

If they move up they'll probably draft Olesz, Barker, McGrath in the top 10.

I like Schremph but he's most likely a top 5 pick. He's the type of player that brings fans into the arena singlehandedly because he's so damn entertaining to watch. The Kobe Bryant or Vince Carter of hockey if you will.
They could probably get McGrath with an early 2nd round pick. No one's stock is dropping faster.. with reason as he's been lost on the ice near this season's end. His team just wasn't the same without Derek Roy.

kyle is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 03:08 PM
  #39
Boondock Saint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Grande
I just realized that I need to catch up on my predraft reading. So far I only reconize a handful of those names and that's doing me no good. Any recommended reading suggestions?
I would recommend starting an account with McKeen's for the couple months before the draft. It's pretty cheap, and you can cancel your account when the draft is over. Best choice, IMO.

Boondock Saint is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 04:12 PM
  #40
oilersboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
. Are there any good goalies that might be around that range? Personally, I'm kind of leaning that way just in case JDD isn't the savior.
I would go with Ellis. We should be able to pick him in the 2-3 rounds. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6759

oilersboy is offline  
Old
04-05-2004, 04:57 PM
  #41
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I'm told it's Dubnyk, Montoya and Shwarz and everyone else is a tier down.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 03:37 AM
  #42
G-Double
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: left coast
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
I'm told it's Dubnyk, Montoya and Shwarz and everyone else is a tier down.
watch out for Schneider, the up coming U-18s will make or break his draft, his numbers in USHSE were disgusting. Also David Brown is a sleeper... Dubnyk, i'm not sold on, he could be a sean burke or he ould be a kid with a huge 5-hole ad massive rebound issues... when i've seen him he had some rebound control issues but he is young, skilled and HUGE so someone will definitely take a flyer on him.

G-Double is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 04:54 AM
  #43
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,390
vCash: 500
I certainly wouldn't mind Stafford. At least, I'd prefer him over other names being thrown out there (Chipchura, for example. He'd be my disappointing pick).

Seachd is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 05:28 AM
  #44
eh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Tukonen - sounds kind of like Rita, but grittier and with better wheels. A safe pick.
More like a overall more talented, offensively more gifted Rita. He's not as strong as Rita was in his age. I don't think there's that much of a difference in their wheels and grittyness.

eh is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
  #45
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 540
I got this from the prospects board from a poster by the name of XSharkie he has a whole thread of his scouting reports seems VERY knowledgble and he put together this.




I'll take my best stab at it..... I made a first round mock not to long ago I'm sure you could find if you did some rummaging around. Heres my thoughts on who should go where team by team.

1. Washington Capitals: F ALEXANDER OVECHKIN
2. Pittsburgh Penguins: F Evgeni Malkin

3. Chicago Blackhawks: F Rostislav Olesz: Stock has dropped a bit, but when he's been healthy has produced. Plays with alot of heart, very very physical and has a very high skill level....Black Hawks have to deep of defensive corps with there young players to say no to Olesz. Perfect fit in Chicago. Him and Ruutu would give NHL teams huge fits.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: D CAM BARKER: IMO the Blue Jackets hit a home run here, last year they wanted Zherdev and had him #1 on there board....Barker is the man they want I believe... They'll take him...Gonchar like offensive ability with the potential to be a top notch defender as well. Excelent pick up at the #4 spot for Columbus.

5. Phoenix Coyotes: F WOJTEK WOLSKI: The Coyotes have no problems taking chances on players.... Wolski has a huge frame to grow into at 6-3. One game of Bramtons I caught had him listed at 6-3 6/8ths....so he's a big 6-3. Wolski is a ways away though....His offensive instincts and skills are amazing.... he shows the willingness to go to trafic, but he does not hit! he is soft, he doesnt mind taking a hit, but he does almost 0 work in traffic, he's a finnesse player....Huge upside and the Coyotes shown they know how devolope there players, Wolksi could be there man.

6. New York Rangers: F ROBBY SCHREMP: New York well love Robby.... I hear from numerous people he's actually a very good kid. He's not a headcase. Robby may have the best pure offensive instincts of any prospect in this draft....He has amazing hands. He has a deadly shot, sniper like qualities, plus he has excelent vision and sets up his man with gimme goals. Schremp is a very special player, well have to devolope slowly, his defenisve game leaves much to be desired...I've seen him play on the third line in London and he didnt do well....if he's not scoring he isn't contributing.

7. Florida Panthers: A.J. THELEN: I've discovered A.J. earlier this year, check backwards and I have proof...and mark my words this well be one hell of a defensman....he'll be the top NCAA draft eligible player if he opts in IMO. He's very big, and may add another inch and can add 20 more pounds or so. Thelen skates so well for a man his size, great agility and lateral movement, excelent skater in all departments. He loves to start the rush, he passes the puck cripsly and always tape to tape...very dangerous offesnivly...great instincts....he loves to hit, and he hits very hard. He's very hard nosed in the corners and in front of his own net...Forgot to mention his hard shot. Good coaching and devolopment time and we could have the next Rob Blake here.

8. Carolina Hurricanes: F ANDREW LADD: I hear he has arguably the best work ethic of the draft class. He also has one of the biggest hearts and shows it on the ice.... he goes balls to the wall every single shift...very impressive...He loves to throw his body around...his high octane style creates chances....once a defensman gets the puck he's on him with a snap of a finger....just not a banger...Ladds game is very mature and he's very smart. Helps out back on defense very well, great two way player. Ladd has been compared to Ryan Smyth and I love that comparison. His offensive skills are also impressive, he has a wicked shot, sniper like qualities, he also has a nice slap shot, but his snap shot and wrister are awesome....he sets up his man very well, excelent at passing. His skating is drool worthy....Fast, fluid, smooth, mobile ...he's one of the best all around skaters in the draft....NHL ready....Ladd may go higher. He's one of my favroites in this draft.

9. Anaheim Might Ducks: F LAURI TUKONEN: Excelent all around. Very mature, he has bulked up this year and it has done wonders for him....He is still the very silky smooth skater with a snappy shot with pin point accuracy...but he has added more to his game...he is one of the best players in this draft at working the boards and trafic areas...he uses his big frame well. He excels down low...he passes the puck pretty well. Has good vision. His defensive game has soared to new heights this year...no longer one dimensional, Tukonen is a very dedicated player on the defensive end.

10. Atlanta Thrashers: F DREW STAFFORD: Keith Thakchuk like....He's a b*tch to play against.....Great speed and balance, good size, scorers touch, has good hands, he rather go threw you then around you though. Looked good all year at North Dakota and he played very good at the WJC's in limited ice time. A bruising player with a scoring touch. GOod head on his shoulders I hear, he doesnt have premier offensive tools, but he doesnt need them because of his hard nosed style....does wonders for his team down low.

11. Los Angeles Kings: G MAREK SCHWARZ: Kings well take a goaltender in this position...Extremely fast and Flexible is Schwarz. they have a shot at two very talented goalies.. Schwarz is the best goaltender of the draft and might go higher if somone trades up. Don't be surprised if Montoya is taken here in that case... Schwarz is a Mike Richter like goaltender...I'm takin back on how great his reflexes are....He plays big for his size as well ....excelent on the angles...a very heads up goaltender as well...very vocal on the ice. Schwarz glove side is almost unbeatable and his legs kick out fast as a blink of any eye. Very quick goalie who is overlooked by many. Gets a bad rap on these boards from people who've only seen him play against Canada at the WJC's.

12. Minnesota Wild: F ALEXANDRE PICARD: This guy is great.... A very akward skating stride, pretty quick but not elite but still considered fast. He has been compared to Miroslav Satan and I say he could devolope into a Jarome Iginla kind of player...he has awesome shooting skills. Very good hands, great instincts, and loves to shoot, simply loves to score, goes to the net extremely hard. He's not all show though, he shows captain like qualities....He hustles every shift, every nite, plays extremely hard, doesnt mind hitting but isn't a powerforward...good size at 6-2 200 pounds. He is a work horse for Lewiston...always catches my eye.... A potential elite scorer with more to his game...hard working on defense as well. Might slip because he didnt score like a mad man. Honestly one of my favroite players in the draft.

13. Buffalo Sabres: D WES O'NEIL: I've been watching this guy for the past two years....caught him twice this year and twice on satalite...I saw him many times last year with the Gamblers....He's huge at 6-4 220 pounds....He likes to hit and can dominate physically but it's not his game.... Wes O'Neil skates like the wind, very smooth and has good agility for a man his size..never gets caught flat footed...is not a banger, he's one of the smartest defensman in his own zone in the NCAA....very impressed with his heads up style... comited to defense his offensive game isn't great...Has upside though, he has an excelent transition game, likes to the start the rush if given the time...won't take risks in his own zone and is passive about using his booming shot. A very big, minute logging, smart defensman who well shut down opositions top players. Offensive upside is there but it hasnt taken a step forward for the past two years.

14. Edmonton Oilers: F KYLE CHIPCHURA: I personaly have a friend who knows an Oiler scout....And if some of the guys who have already been taken, mainly Picard are gone, then expect them to go with Chipchura, There also extremely high on both Montoya and Dubnyk. Chipchura is a good skater, he always keeps his feet moving and flys around the ice....Very high intensity kind of guy...loves to throw his weight around. Chipchuras offensive skills are nothing spectacular but he could devolope into a 2nd liner scoring wise.... He has one of the best heads for the game in the draft....Helps out defensivly and even dominates in his own zone...rides his man all the way, back checks like theres no tomorow if his man gets open. CHipchura has good vision offensivly, he well pass before he shoots, great at give and goes.... Very good at passing the puck, takes the safe route to pass it but he's very effective, expecially on the pp, great at doing the dirty work down low and in trafic, has a nose for the net... gives other goalies headaches.
His best asset I hear is from the locker room...according to McKeens he's a natural leader in the lockeroom. Oilers fans could be looking at Picard or Chipchura on draft day.....

If the Oilers go goalie here it's going to be G ALVARO MONTOYA: Edmonton may take a forward here and hope that Dubnyk or Schneider falls to them...... Montoya is a cross between Dan Cloutier and Marty Turco IMO. His mechanics are strong but he still takes the unorthadox approach to making some saves. He has good size and when he's confident he plays the angles well....he was stronger in his freshman year and aside from his WJC's his game at Michigan hasn't been to strong. Very flexible and much like Schwarz Montoya is awesome down low, shooters almost dont even try shooting down there...gives you nothing to look at with his great stance, and is cat like taking down low away, great stick work and rebounds are not easy to get off of him. On off nights his approach on the angles is confusing....He has to be taken slowly, a project with big results....

TheBrew is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 08:26 PM
  #46
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
14. Edmonton Oilers: F KYLE CHIPCHURA: I personaly have a friend who knows an Oiler scout....And if some of the guys who have already been taken, mainly Picard are gone, then expect them to go with Chipchura, There also extremely high on both Montoya and Dubnyk. Chipchura is a good skater, he always keeps his feet moving and flys around the ice....Very high intensity kind of guy...loves to throw his weight around. Chipchuras offensive skills are nothing spectacular but he could devolope into a 2nd liner scoring wise.... He has one of the best heads for the game in the draft....Helps out defensivly and even dominates in his own zone...rides his man all the way, back checks like theres no tomorow if his man gets open. CHipchura has good vision offensivly, he well pass before he shoots, great at give and goes.... Very good at passing the puck, takes the safe route to pass it but he's very effective, expecially on the pp, great at doing the dirty work down low and in trafic, has a nose for the net... gives other goalies headaches.
His best asset I hear is from the locker room...according to McKeens he's a natural leader in the lockeroom. Oilers fans could be looking at Picard or Chipchura on draft day.....

If the Oilers go goalie here it's going to be G ALVARO MONTOYA: Edmonton may take a forward here and hope that Dubnyk or Schneider falls to them...... Montoya is a cross between Dan Cloutier and Marty Turco IMO. His mechanics are strong but he still takes the unorthadox approach to making some saves. He has good size and when he's confident he plays the angles well....he was stronger in his freshman year and aside from his WJC's his game at Michigan hasn't been to strong. Very flexible and much like Schwarz Montoya is awesome down low, shooters almost dont even try shooting down there...gives you nothing to look at with his great stance, and is cat like taking down low away, great stick work and rebounds are not easy to get off of him. On off nights his approach on the angles is confusing....He has to be taken slowly, a project with big results....
This is all contrary to what i've been told.

My belief is that a skilled scoring forward is the top priority which makes me doubt that Edmonton would draft Chipchura (a projected 3rd liner with possible 2nd liner abilities). Also, at this point I don't believe Montoya is necessarily a given to go ahead of Dubnyk or Schwarz...

This is all assuming Edmonton stands pat and doesn't try to move up too which I would be shocked if it isn't attempted.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-07-2004, 08:29 PM
  #47
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I personaly have a friend who knows an Oiler scout.....
That made me smile too. That makes each and everyone of you more connected than that guy because, you have a friend who knows and talks to a few of them all season long.


Edit: in "a few of them" above, the "them" refers to Oiler scouts by the way.


Last edited by Guy Flaming: 04-08-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 01:16 AM
  #48
Boondock Saint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
I got this from the prospects board from a poster by the name of XSharkie he has a whole thread of his scouting reports seems VERY knowledgble and he put together this.
XSHARKIE is a young kid whose player descriptions suspiciously resemble those available on McKeen's hockey and other draft publications.

He claims to be receiving tapes of amateur games all over the world from one of his many connections, but all his posts must be taken with a big grain of salt.

Gotta love that friend of a friend stuff.......

Boondock Saint is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 02:16 AM
  #49
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,697
vCash: 500
The more I hear about Chipchura, the more I think he is the last player we need to add to our roster in this draft. He sounds exactly like much of our roster: Big, good heart, decent leader, needs to work on his scoring touch. Picard sounds more and more like he's the guy we need. I'd definitely hope Lowe can move a few of our surplus forwards to draft him if it sounds like he's going to go prior to us. 2 future lines of Picard-Niinimaki-Hemsky and Mikhnov-Pouliot-Rita could be dynamite!

Cerebral is offline  
Old
04-08-2004, 11:05 AM
  #50
Funkymoses
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Montoya is a cross between Dan Cloutier and Marty Turco IMO.
Montoya's a cross between Marty Turco and Marty Turco. He's the man's clone. Hispanic clone, I guess. But clone.

Funkymoses is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.