HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stan says NO DEALS!

Old
12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
nyr7andcounting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I don't own a television. I've been using radio since 1993, so I have little to no opinion on Chico, I only watch him and Doc on the off-chance someone is streaming the game for free.
What the hell? We're 2 days away from 2008, get a damn TV like the rest of the planet.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 05:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Bingo.

Sorry Broadway Blues, but this guy might have forgotten more historical aspects of hockey than any of us have ever known, but to say that he really knows what he's talkinga bout hockey wise is nuts. Just listen to the guy talk. He's an awesome historian. But like Sign' said, they don't use him that way. It's fine that everything is his opinion but they should have someone better suited for that role. Plus, he's always bouncing around from all three teams, so he's not wasting his time trying to be a fly on the wall and hear rumors about some lame deal with the Blue Jackets.
I guess I'm just trying to defend the guy.

I can't disagree with some of what people are saying.

But I think his opinions aren't that outrageous at times.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 10:06 PM
orland

Emerick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Calm down fella. He's good, but he ain't that good.
Bruno, whose better?

orland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by orland View Post
Bruno, whose better?
I like Gary Thorne myself more than Emerick, he puts excitement into his announcing though, that's great to say since most guys barely show any emotion.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 10:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Yeah. Chico is really annoying.

Gary Thorne I can agree with, he also did most of the NHL video games too, right (most being the older ones a lot)?
Chico and Mike Crispino are the worst.

I like the guy who announces for the Canucks. He did some of the videogames too. I also like Bob Wischusen (sp) when he fills in. Steve Levy aint bad either as well as Thorne.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
I like Gary Thorne myself more than Emerick, he puts excitement into his announcing though, that's great to say since most guys barely show any emotion.
agreed, i liked that devils commercial he did when he was sitting in someones house and announcing what the family was doing, it was kinda funny.

Old
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
agreed, i liked that devils commercial he did when he was sitting in someones house and announcing what the family was doing, it was kinda funny.
Yeah that was a good commercial.

Old
12-30-2007, 10:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Yeah that was a good commercial.
way better than those stupid knicks cut-outs what the hell happened to Bobby Granger, those were funny. It would be fun to have like Avery teach Granger how to trash talk on the ice, I can see it now

Old
12-31-2007, 12:35 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Someone had a senior moment while the camera was rolling.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 01:10 AM
rangers4ever2007

if there is a trade, how bout for a 3rd line RW? or just recall moore?

callahan 1 goal in 20+ games not gonna get it done

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM
ohbaby

Since when is Stan a Rangers guru? Send him back to Jersey or the Island. I hate him! He blurts whatever is on the top of his head without thinking it through. I'd rather Deb, join the Rangers as a commentator. Hell, at least she looks alot better.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i love prucha as much as the next guy...but seriously??!

Stan, I think it might be time to go see a mental health professional.
I second that!

Seriously, Stan is a biased homer that brings emotionally charged arguments to the conversation and has little to no real objectivity or substance in his statements. He's there for entertainment purposes and little more. He is the metro areas version of Don Cherry. The NY media has tried to emulate the highly successful Hockey Night in Canada with it's own version, in every way possible.

From a media professional standpoint, Stan Fischler is the exact opposite to John Davidson, which is what made JD so great.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 02:52 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I second that!

Seriously, Stan is a biased homer that brings emotionally charged arguments to the conversation and has little to no real objectivity or substance in his statements. He's there for entertainment purposes and little more. He is the metro areas version of Don Cherry. The NY media has tried to emulate the highly successful Hockey Night in Canada with it's own version, in every way possible.

From a media professional standpoint, Stan Fischler is the exact opposite to John Davidson, which is what made JD so great.
Some of you folks have no respect for your elders......Stan has been around the Rangers since before alot of you folks parents were born....his improper use by MSG is their fault not his. He's forgotten more about hockey than some here will ever know. If you listen to alot of what he says its pretty interesting

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Some of you folks have no respect for your elders......Stan has been around the Rangers since before alot of you folks parents were born....his improper use by MSG is their fault not his. He's forgotten more about hockey than some here will ever know. If you listen to alot of what he says its pretty interesting
Very true. I hate the way he says Rangers though.

"The Rangaaas"

On a serious note, I believe he's a Devils homer.

Old
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I hardly see this as a situation where people are not respecting an elder. Rather, it's people who don't like hearing a guy who comes off as an old codger who spouts off with seemingly no rationale to his thoughts.

01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
ohbaby

I second that. And he's always been with the Devils for as long as I can remember.

I think since JD left, Boy do I miss him!,... and Sam cutting back his time, they brought him over. I couldn't stand him when he was with the Devils, and nothing has changed. Whatever wisdom he has gained in all these years, is wasted on his behaviour in front of the camera, or in print.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:02 AM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I like the guy who announces for the Canucks.

Jim Hughson. Absolute legend.

Gary THorne, despite his occasional bumbles, was awesome on ESPN2. I can only hope hes brought back when the NHL signs their new deal.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Stan deserves absolutely no respect because he gives none. Besides, his rationale behind most arguments is nothing more complicated than "because I said so, and I'm Stan Fischler!" He seems to go out of his way to antagonize the fan base of whatever team he's covering.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I hardly see this as a situation where people are not respecting an elder. Rather, it's people who don't like hearing a guy who comes off as an old codger who spouts off with seemingly no rationale to his thoughts.
That has more to do with his improper use by MSG than anything else. I still maintain that Stan has alot of Hockey knowledge and his OPINIONS are just that...his opinions of what should or could happen, he's not a reporter, he's a columnist and writes and speaks his opinion. That is where folks seem to get confused. I think some of Stans opinions are crazy, but the man genuinely knows alot about hockey.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Its safe to say that Gary Thorne is nationally respected as a hockey announcer. Is he solely contracted to ESPN?

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Its safe to say that Gary Thorne is nationally respected as a hockey announcer. Is he solely contracted to ESPN?
THORNE IS AMONG THE BEST EVER! AN ALL TIME GREAT!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 05:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Age is irrelevant here... I don't care how long he's been involved in hockey...

The guy doesn't get a free pass for his idiotic comments just because he's old and has been involved in the sport for awhile... If anything you would expect much more from him based on his 'experience' but he still comes off as an arrogant know-it-all...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
ABC/ESPN, yeah.

He'd be doing the games on NBC if he werent.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote