HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

How much would you pay to see a NHL prospects tournament?

View Poll Results: How much dough would you pay out to see the Oilers prosects?
$5 5 11.90%
$10 16 38.10%
$20 13 30.95%
$25 7 16.67%
Just name the price cause I AM OBSESSED!! 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Obsessed

vCash: 500
How much would you pay to see a NHL prospects tournament?

I love this event. It gives the fan a chance to see into the future. I would pay $25 bucks no problem.

Last edited by Obsessed: 04-07-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:25 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
If the Oilers had a July prospects tourney between 3-4 teams what would you pay to see this event?
20 Bucks for sure.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:36 PM
outKast*

5 dollars. Who I would pay more than that to see prospects of which only 2-3 are proabably going to make the big club in the future.

Here you guys are trying to look big and macho. hargh hargh i will pay 100 dollars to watch teenagers play hockey. You say that on the internet, but in real life lets get real, no one would pay more than 10 bucks to watch a prospects. It's just not right.

Last edited by outKast*: 04-07-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old
04-07-2004, 09:48 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
5 dollars. Who I would pay more than that to see prospects of which only 2-3 are proabably going to make the big club in the future.

Here you guys are trying to look big and macho. hargh hargh i will pay 100 dollars to watch teenagers play hockey. You say that on the internet, but in real life lets get real, no one would pay that much to watch a prospects. It's just not right.
That's basicly what a person does who pays 130 bucks for an early preseason game - so I dont' know what you're smoking.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Obsessed

Quote:

Here you guys are trying to look big and macho. hargh hargh i will pay 100 dollars to watch teenagers play hockey. You say that on the internet, but in real life lets get real, no one would pay more than 10 bucks to watch a prospects. It's just not right.
Man are you for real? Your on the board for all of a week and already you can classiy us all into one category? And yes I would pay more than 10 bucks to watch prospects. I pay WAY more than that to watch 5 and 6 year olds play hockey :playnice:

Lighten up dude...

Old
04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
It depends on what was going on...

I mean $20 general admission to see an hour of practice and an hour scrimmage is a little much. But a 2 day pass for that kind of thing would be interesting, along with some kind of meet and greet at the end.

Old
04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
outKast*

im a cheapo. I wouldn't pay that much and i know a whole bunch of people who wouldn't touch 20 dollars for a prospects game. Just save your money for the regular season.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
im a cheapo. I wouldn't pay that much and i know a whole bunch of people who wouldn't touch 20 dollars for a prospects game. Just save your money for the regular season.
Ya, 20 bucks will sure do a lot of good for you in the regular season

Old
04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
windowlicker

Lets just look at how much excitement the Young Guns game has generated over the last few seaons vs. the actual All Star game. People have shown that they want to see this type of event. I personally would shell out 20$+.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
So I take it you don't go to OHL games much then...

It's a pity some of the best hockey in the world is played outside the NHL alot of nights.

Old
04-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Lowetide

If it was on a Saturday morning, and I could get there, I'd pay $20 and take my kids too. If only just to see Guy Flaming and talk his ear off!

Old
04-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i'll go as high as 30 but i voted 20

Old
04-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Hairball

Quote:

(Sorry to proliferate an argument in one of your posts obsessed.)

Seriously, I think that this is uncalled for. Just because you wouldn't do it does not mean that there are not people here, or anywhere for that matter, that aren't interested in seeing the prospects play.

Why would anyone pay to see prospects you ask? The same could be said for the AHL. What's the point in watching a bunch of minor leaguers? I guess you don't get it. I understand that. Before I came to these boards, I had no clue about the prospects or future of the organization. After spending time here though I have a greater understanding and respect for the up and coming players and talent.

I would be excited to go and see the prospect camp. I would pay $10 to attend. That is all there is to it. I would pay to see that because that is an interest I have. I would pay that sooner than shelling out $10 for a movie or to get into a club or many other things.

I am not here to pick fights with anyone or to berate anyones opinions. I have held my tongue on numerous occasions because it's just not worth it. But in this case I have to agree with Obsessed. You have not been here very long. (not the point- a lot of newbies have very good imput) You can't do this here. I'm sure it will not be tolerated. I for one do not appreciate this attitude or the spirit with which you have come here. I have not seen many posts from you that have not been argumentative and offensive.

My point here is just that. I come here for information and to hear people's opinions on various Oiler and related topics. Posting that other posters are trying to look big and macho, and then using the sarcasm that you did (among other things) is not cool. Please don't.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:01 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
(Sorry to proliferate an argument in one of your posts obsessed.)

Seriously, I think that this is uncalled for. Just because you wouldn't do it does not mean that there are not people here, or anywhere for that matter, that aren't interested in seeing the prospects play.

Why would anyone pay to see prospects you ask? The same could be said for the AHL. What's the point in watching a bunch of minor leaguers? I guess you don't get it. I understand that. Before I came to these boards, I had no clue about the prospects or future of the organization. After spending time here though I have a greater understanding and respect for the up and coming players and talent.

I would be excited to go and see the prospect camp. I would pay $10 to attend. That is all there is to it. I would pay to see that because that is an interest I have. I would pay that sooner than shelling out $10 for a movie or to get into a club or many other things.

I am not here to pick fights with anyone or to berate anyones opinions. I have held my tongue on numerous occasions because it's just not worth it. But in this case I have to agree with Obsessed. You have not been here very long. (not the point- a lot of newbies have very good imput) You can't do this here. I'm sure it will not be tolerated. I for one do not appreciate this attitude or the spirit with which you have come here. I have not seen many posts from you that have not been argumentative and offensive.

My point here is just that. I come here for information and to hear people's opinions on various Oiler and related topics. Posting that other posters are trying to look big and macho, and then using the sarcasm that you did (among other things) is not cool. Please don't.
why. really who do you think you are? Don't like what i said, move along and don't say anything. this way we don't start flame fests against me.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Hairball

Quote:
why. really who do you think you are? Don't like what i said, move along and don't say anything. this way we don't start flame fests against me.
This is certainly not a flame fest. I have presented an argument, backed it up with proof, and am asking politely for you to maybe tone it down and no be so offensive. Thanks for your consideration with that.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Obsessed

No worries Hairball I think outkast just takes his name too seriously.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
outKast*

i sure do

Old
04-07-2004, 11:24 PM
dawgbone

The funny part is, Hockeys Future is a prospect site.

I know prospect talk doesn't dominate, but it sure is a big chunk of the pie around here.

Heck, I've owned seasons tickets to the Dog's and Runners the past 4 seasons because it was my only way to really support the Oilers. My first year, I went to 24 games... most of them were near the end of the season. You really do develop and appreciation for these guys.

And there is nothing better that watching one player stand out and dominate amongst his/her peers. It truely is an amazing site. It's too bad it doesn't happen in the NHL very often anymore, because it adds a dimension to the game.

Old
04-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Obsessed

At this point I think Id pay 50 bucks just to get a good look at Mihkinov! I'm truly worried about the upcoming CBA. This might be the last time we (in Edmonton) get to see any of the Oilers system period. The most intriguing prospects are the ones that were just drafted and the Oilers would hold the camp after draft day.

Old
04-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
If it was on a Saturday morning, and I could get there, I'd pay $20 and take my kids too. If only just to see Guy Flaming and talk his ear off!
You can do that over lunch anytime bud... as long as you're buying

Old
04-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Cerebral

This poll is somewhat biased.. while us members of Hockey's Future might spend upwards of $20 on tickets for a prospects game, the Oilers need the regular Joe Fan to spend that much money. I would personally love to see the prospects game back though, I think it is a great opportunity for some of our future regulars to meet each other and to get some feedback on their game from NHL staff. I'd consider going up to Edmonton/Sherwood Park for the day if Mikhnov, Niinimaki and Pouliot are all in town..

Old
04-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Superfluous U

If I was in Edmonton, or the surrounding area (I'll actually be home for a chunk of the summer so its possible), I'd pay $20.

Old
04-08-2004, 07:52 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
i abstain from the vote, too expensive for me to fly over and watch them for $5-20

Old
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
i abstain from the vote, too expensive for me to fly over and watch them for $5-20
For the purposes of the poll, maybe the right way to look at it is: "who cares?" If the total cost to you (assume someone pays for your flight, for example) was $20, would you pay it to see the game?

Old
04-08-2004, 01:33 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
well considering if i lived in edmonton i'd pay $20.

Closed Thread