HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Martin Lapointe

Old
01-02-2008, 01:21 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Just Thinking but I believe I have read somewhere that J P Dumont might get shipped out of Nashville this year. I think he would be a great fit for us. He's a UFA at the end of the year and he is only 29 so we could resign him for a 2 yr or 3yr deal.

He's also 6'1" 205 lbs. So he has some size to him.

Thoughts

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Personally, I like the idea of an upgrade at one of the 3rd line wing positions. I don't believe that Lapointe is that upgrade.
That's about the size of it.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Just Thinking but I believe I have read somewhere that J P Dumont might get shipped out of Nashville this year. I think he would be a great fit for us. He's a UFA at the end of the year and he is only 29 so we could resign him for a 2 yr or 3yr deal.

He's also 6'1" 205 lbs. So he has some size to him.

Thoughts
I think this is a really viable option. He makes just about the same as Lapointe this season, but is much much more productive. Paired with Dubi and Prucha (unless the Preds demand that they get Prucha back -- which wouldn't suprise me) he could fill a nice hole on that third line.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I think this is a really viable option. He makes just about the same as Lapointe this season, but is much much more productive. Paired with Dubi and Prucha (unless the Preds demand that they get Prucha back -- which wouldn't suprise me) he could fill a nice hole on that third line.
and you can always resign him at the end of the year b/c he isn't that old yet. he actually should be in his prime right now. If straka and shanny both leave he could be a very valuable asset to have next year.

Old
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Rather than adding Lapointe in his mid-30s why not just promote Dawes who continues to tear up the AHL. The guy can score when he's paired with talented players. In only 21 games Dawes has as many goals as those two guys COMBINED.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Rather than adding Lapointe in his mid-30s why not just promote Dawes who continues to tear up the AHL. The guy can score when he's paired with talented players. In only 21 games Dawes has as many goals as those two guys COMBINED.
Dawes has not done anything to show that he deserves to be a mainstay in the NHL. He had one two goal game, but for the most part he was invisible. Also pairing him w/ Prucha is just a bad idea especially if you play bigger teams. To little size on the line.

Old
01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Dawes also gets about 12 minutes a night playing on the third line. You can't say he hasn't shown anything when he's got more goals than a lot of players who play a lot more than him.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Dawes also gets about 12 minutes a night playing on the third line. You can't say he hasn't shown anything when he's got more goals than a lot of players who play a lot more than him.
that's also exactly the line he will be playing on. the only line this team needs to change around.

If he was doing so well Renney wouldn't have sent him down. Obviously he isn't playing that well. Yeah he can score better than Cally, but cally is better along the boards and can pk, prucha has experience and 50+ goals on his resume. Than you also have Hossa who can PK and has shown flashes (not this year though,) Right now he hasn't done enough to warrant moving those players. Also there is the cap we have to worry about.

A trade of Prucha, Cally, or Hossa has to be made in order for him to get called up. And even then he isn't a third line player, he is more of a 1st or second line or nothing. And from what he has shown me in his brief career, it might end up being nothing.