HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kings UFA's - Speculation and Proposals

Old
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
wicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The good thing about this is that he's been the Kings' best d-man this past month. He's been playing really well since recovering from his hip surgery during the Summer.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 07:15 PM
backofthenet

As a Kings fan I can see the value of these guys a bit different.

Nagy...A mid level prospect OR a 2nd. And that is pushing it. This second would more than likely come from a team that is picking in the 50's, so that is actually closer to a third.

Army has "virtual" value. IMO he is worth more for a playoff bound team than Nagy. A lot more. But reality says he will fetch about the same or less.

Combine them and I think there is a good chance for a mid leveal and a 2nd OR a 1st in the 2009.

Modry has been doing very well. A true pro. Nothing mind blowing, but he is a good 5/6. I can't see him getting traded, but a 2nd would be GREAT.

Calder is probably not moving because we could not get equal value. A GM would not and should not give a higher level prospect or a 1st and Calder is worth more to the Kings than a mid level or 3rd.

Same goes for Handzus

Frolov is a steal and there is very little chance the Kings could get full value for him. Take in to account his contract, his production and the intangibles that he brings and it would be hard to move him. He would have to ask for a trade and he seems happy here...for now anyway.

Stuart is the enigma. He is one of those guys that regardless of his play, he still gets a lot of attention. If I was a GM, I would pass on him completely. But someone out there will pay. And they will give a solid prospect/NHLer, a high pick or a combo. To me, anything over a 2nd is over payment, but he will get that.

Vis is signed to a heavy contract and has played horribly. After this season he has a NTC. Any GM that trades for him will put themselves in a very tight spot. If he does not pan out that deal will live on for 5 years to haunt the team. I doubt he moves.

Cammy is someone that could be traded, but the Kings are in no hurry. The deal must be extremely sweet to make that move. There are a few other trade days ahead that it can be done and one of them is the 2008 draft day. I can see a deal for him then before this season.

Blake. He said he might waive his NTC. If he does, it would be the best thing he has EVER done for the Kings. He is extremely overvalued. Someone will pay dearly for him and the team that gets him will consider the deal a steal. I am hoping for a 1st and a high level prospect/NHLer. Gleason and a 1st was mentioned and while that will not happen, this is the exact type of deal I picture from someone. This caliber of player and a 1st. We in LA will dance and sing while the team that gets him will laugh at us.

So, that's how I see it. Fire away.

backofthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 07:51 PM
HairyBeastHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_flyboi View Post
There are some fans with absolutely no clue how valuable some players/prospects are. Nagy + army for bourdon and a 2nd?
jesus....thats so bad..its not even funny.
What does Nagy bring to a team??? Can anyone really see him on a cup contender???
AND a second ?????? i wouldnt trade a 2nd for army OR nagy alone!
Horrible trade ideas in this thread.

If the kings want a top pairing potential prospect like Bourdon or Edler....or an improving ..current no4 dman like krajicek, its going to require a package with a player like cammy or frolov comming the other way
You're right, I undervalued Bourdon. I have never seen him play, and I know virtually nothing about him. The proposal was horrendous on my part and I apologize for that. I will do my homework a little more before making another trade proposal!

HairyBeastHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Something's gotta happen soon. Start dealing...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There are some fans with absolutely no clue how valuable some players/prospects are. Nagy + army for bourdon and a 2nd?
jesus....thats so bad..its not even funny.
What does Nagy bring to a team??? Can anyone really see him on a cup contender???
AND a second ?????? i wouldnt trade a 2nd for army OR nagy alone!
Horrible trade ideas in this thread.

If the kings want a top pairing potential prospect like Bourdon or Edler....or an improving ..current no4 dman like krajicek, its going to require a package with a player like cammy or frolov comming the other way

No offense, but this is just about as grossly unrealistic as the Nagy + stuff. The Nucks MO has been to optimize depth on defense, so a move of a Krajicek is certainly unlikely. But, if a trade like that is going to happen, you're not getting a Frolov or "Cammy" in return. You're talking about trading a 4/5 dman for a legitimate top three winger - and that is pretty unbalanced.

Frankly, for Krajicek, I don't even see you getting a player at Trent Hunters level (I mention Hunter because of the obsession some Nucks fans seem to have with that silly Matt Cooke/Krajicek for Hunter stuff). And, I don't think Bourdon is anywhere near as highly regarded around the league as some of you seem to think.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:09 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Depending on how the next few weeks shake out for the Habs and their defense I'd be interested in Stuart, but that's only if nothing will settle down on the blueline.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Kingler

Quote:
There are some fans with absolutely no clue how valuable some players/prospects are.
Quote:

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Depending on how the next few weeks shake out for the Habs and their defense I'd be interested in Stuart, but that's only if nothing will settle down on the blueline.
I really don't see Stuart getting moved, and if he does, I don't see him going anywhere in the east.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 02:25 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
As a Kings fan I can see the value of these guys a bit different.

Nagy...A mid level prospect OR a 2nd. And that is pushing it. This second would more than likely come from a team that is picking in the 50's, so that is actually closer to a third.

Army has "virtual" value. IMO he is worth more for a playoff bound team than Nagy. A lot more. But reality says he will fetch about the same or less.

Combine them and I think there is a good chance for a mid leveal and a 2nd OR a 1st in the 2009.

Modry has been doing very well. A true pro. Nothing mind blowing, but he is a good 5/6. I can't see him getting traded, but a 2nd would be GREAT.

Calder is probably not moving because we could not get equal value. A GM would not and should not give a higher level prospect or a 1st and Calder is worth more to the Kings than a mid level or 3rd.

Same goes for Handzus

Frolov is a steal and there is very little chance the Kings could get full value for him. Take in to account his contract, his production and the intangibles that he brings and it would be hard to move him. He would have to ask for a trade and he seems happy here...for now anyway.

Stuart is the enigma. He is one of those guys that regardless of his play, he still gets a lot of attention. If I was a GM, I would pass on him completely. But someone out there will pay. And they will give a solid prospect/NHLer, a high pick or a combo. To me, anything over a 2nd is over payment, but he will get that.

Vis is signed to a heavy contract and has played horribly. After this season he has a NTC. Any GM that trades for him will put themselves in a very tight spot. If he does not pan out that deal will live on for 5 years to haunt the team. I doubt he moves.

Cammy is someone that could be traded, but the Kings are in no hurry. The deal must be extremely sweet to make that move. There are a few other trade days ahead that it can be done and one of them is the 2008 draft day. I can see a deal for him then before this season.

Blake. He said he might waive his NTC. If he does, it would be the best thing he has EVER done for the Kings. He is extremely overvalued. Someone will pay dearly for him and the team that gets him will consider the deal a steal. I am hoping for a 1st and a high level prospect/NHLer. Gleason and a 1st was mentioned and while that will not happen, this is the exact type of deal I picture from someone. This caliber of player and a 1st. We in LA will dance and sing while the team that gets him will laugh at us.

So, that's how I see it. Fire away.
Nice job. IMO fair and realistic.

I think the Kings should obtain as many additional draft choices as possible in the next two drafts. Then we can trade up as far as possible in the respective first rounds in order to go after guys like Stamkos and Taveras. Something like that would really electrify the franchise. Also, I think Dean Lombardi might be thinking along those lines, a very concentrated push, for 3 or 4 years (two down so far), in order to turn the Kings into THE hot young team of the future.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote