HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 01/02 New York Rangers @ Calgary Flames 9 PM MSG2‎

Old
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
We got outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight. Then you don't win any games.
yep.

Henrik was horrible tonight, but its not like the rest of the team was brilliant and he lost the game for them. we played very poorly, showed very little effort (except for Dubinsky, and Cally to a lesser degree), and our powerplay was an effing joke which actually served to pump up the flames instead of helping us. Not to mention some rather questionable reffing.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
NYR Viper

dis-heartening loss.....huselius being able to dangle around everyoe on the entire team and their mom was a joke......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Crease

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Rangers' struggles on the powerplay stem from their units practicing against the passive diamond that our PK units employ. It seems that every time we face a team that puts an ounce of pressure on the puckholder on the powerplay, we fumble around with it and fail to generate any sort of advantage.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Vancouver is 2-2-1, Edmonton is 1-2-0.....
Here's to hoping Edmonton makes the Finals!

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
while i was watching this game i felt so bad for lundqvist.. when he was on the bench near the end he looked like a tear was rolling down his eye and his dog had just been put down.. hopefully he can bounce back and hug that damn post

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Flames2007

What a game...it was entertaining thats for sure and i have to say all you Rangers fans are a class act! I been to many boards and you guys i must say see the game as the refs see it...class act club and a class act fans! Go kick some a$$ guys...ya's deserve it!

Flames2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I thought Rozsival and Hossa played well. Hossa got robbed on a good shot in front. Hossa fits well with Dubinsky more so than Prucha.
Mainly I just laugh at these reactionary GDT as people try to find witty ways to dump on the Rangers and their favoruite whipping boys but I agree thjat Roszy and Hossa played well and that Hossa could fit with Dubi, but it would be with Prucah not instead...Despite hustling every now and then, Cally needs to ride the pine..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetmaster General View Post
while i was watching this game i felt so bad for lundqvist.. when he was on the bench near the end he looked like a tear was rolling down his eye and his dog had just been put down.. hopefully he can bounce back and hug that damn post
Well, full props to Huselius for making two great plays on the 3rd and 4th goal.. he deserved that 1st star.

Unfortunately on the 4th he caught Lundqvist cheating, which he does quite often, only rarely gets caught. But if he did make the pass instead of shooting, it would have been a miraculous save

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Good game tonight guys, i've been looking forward to seeing this game since the sched came out. Go beat the Canucks and the Oilers!

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Its a treat to see the Flames, wish we played them more.

Anyway Hossa should have scored on the open net, but a pretty close game, if you take away that 1 weak HL mistake.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 03:08 AM
TreeSapLlama

Just got back from the game, was pretty entertaining. I thought the first period the rangers looked a step behind. I would say it was the jetlag, but they deserve no excuse for that play. That having been said, except for the huselius goal, we played a moderate game. Not good enough to steal a game, but good enough to make it interesting nonetheless. I would hate to see us play like that in edmonton, but we should be able to get a win there if we do.

The one thing i really liked seeing is staal is always so poised even when he makes a bad mistake. One play in particular he made a bad turnover but stole the puck right back. I like what im seeing from staalsie

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
After sleeping on it, here are my thoughts (FWIW):

1) The NYR showed good character staying in the game, and battling back. I knew this was the most questionably winable game for us, and I'm haooy we at least stayed in it until the buzzer sounded.
2) We are entering the doldrums of the season, and this is the time where mental errors abound. Lundy knows he blew, and I think he redeems himself tonight
3) Nice to see some scoring from the depths. Last night has the potential to be a turning point for Dubi, and hopefully that transcends to Cally, Pru, &/or Hossa
4) 4th straight game where we've scored 3+ goals.

Good momentum at the end of the game, but we can't start flat tonight against those wiley Canucks.

Last edited by Forechecker: 01-03-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I turned the game off when Iginla scored the goal to make it 3-1. Up to that point the Rangers were just Brutal. Then I watch the 4th goal and IDK what Lundqvist was doing there, just really bad work by him. The last goal didn't mean a thing since it was scored with 16 seconds left.

Anyway, hopefully they rebound tonight, but two games in two nights in the west coast... it's going to be tough. They have to put points up quick because by the 3rd period if they have to come from behind they're done.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
segmentation fault
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
But if he did make the pass instead of shooting, it would have been a miraculous save
IIRC there was noone cross ice to pass to. It was a horrible play.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 01:07 PM
MoonDragn

At least it took you guys 1 period to wake up from Jetlag. When the Devils went west for their trip they were asleep during the whole game against the Canucks til the last 5 mins when they woke up.

MoonDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
HackandLube

Good game Rangers, looks like you are missing Nylander a bit on that line, Straka was amazing the entire game though. Please destroy the Canucks tonight.

HackandLube is offline   Reply With Quote