HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Sanguinetti be Malik's replacement?

Old
01-03-2008, 07:41 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by king bergfors View Post
When do you guys expect Bobby to earn a full time job?
2009-2010

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Either way Staal > Malik defensively this season.
Stats do not support such assertion.
Either way couple of months are not enough to put a rookie everyone forgives over the solid veteran Malik is. Staal is a work in progress, obviously, but envisioning him as puck moving D (which is correct) does not make him solid stay-at-home D. At least as of yet.
I like Mark Staal. Yet I officially predict now that he will never be as good as Tyutin even once he moves to puck moving position (as he should and this is planned). He will be our #3 D and I will be very happy to see that happening.
My point here is that Staal is no way competitor to Malik. It is temporary thing that Staal forced Marek out of lineup. In fact, Malik missing a few games, besides his injury and flu, has more that anything else to do with strong Strudwick play.
Malik is here to stay. We do not have and probably will not have better stay-at-home D, unless we obtain one via trade. The trade is a possibility, but to get a premium D to replace Malik is a tough trick. If I was Sather, I wouldn't bother, its not a #1 priority. As I said we do not have anyone within the organization to replace him. Saugunetti suggestion is a joke.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Stats do not support such assertion.
Either way couple of months are not enough to put a rookie everyone forgives over the solid veteran Malik is. Staal is a work in progress, obviously, but envisioning him as puck moving D (which is correct) does not make him solid stay-at-home D. At least as of yet.
I like Mark Staal. Yet I officially predict now that he will never be as good as Tyutin even once he moves to puck moving position (as he should and this is planned). He will be our #3 D and I will be very happy to see that happening.
My point here is that Staal is no way competitor to Malik. It is temporary thing that Staal forced Marek out of lineup. In fact, Malik missing a few games, besides his injury and flu, has more that anything else to do with strong Strudwick play.
Malik is here to stay. We do not have and probably will not have better stay-at-home D, unless we obtain one via trade. The trade is a possibility, but to get a premium D to replace Malik is a tough trick. If I was Sather, I wouldn't bother, its not a #1 priority. As I said we do not have anyone within the organization to replace him. Saugunetti suggestion is a joke.
I like Malik a lot more than most here but Staal is already better than him. Staal is also already better than Tyutin, which is remarkable considering their relative experience.

Staal is a legit first pairing Dman. I sincerely doubt Tyutin or any other current Rangers will ever be that unless we want to call Rosy a legit 1st pairing guy which is borderline at best.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I like Malik a lot more than most here but Staal is already better than him. Staal is also already better than Tyutin, which is remarkable considering their relative experience.

Staal is a legit first pairing Dman. I sincerely doubt Tyutin or any other current Rangers will ever be that unless we want to call Rosy a legit 1st pairing guy which is borderline at best.
I disagree. I wish you were right, though.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Vaheh

Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

He isn't better than Tyutin yet but he will be. Should be a #2 d at least in the future.

Vaheh is offline   Reply With Quote