HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montoya

Old
01-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Hockeyplayer99

vCash: 500
Montoya

I went to the Wolfpack game last night and Montoya gave up 4 goals on 16 shots before he was finally pulled. He gave up at least 3 weak goals. In fact after the first goal went in a couple minutes into the game, you can hear people chanting Mika, Mika, for the back up goalie. This was the first pack game I went to in a long time and for people to be happy when the backup is in and wanting the back up in more then the starter something is wrong. As for other playes, the line of Dawes, Moore and Parenteau was the best line, Dawes got 2 goals and hustled every shift. Korpedo got a goal and he looked ok, nothing special. Jessiman was ok, not bad, not great.. Sauer looked terrible on Defense as did Corey Potter. Bouret hustled alot and got a goal, but didn't look spectacular out there. Dane Byers played ok, nothing special out of him. Bruce Graham is terrible also. Just wanted to let some of you know about some guys that are or can be our future. Only 2 guys who impressed me alot were Dawes and Parenteu

Hockeyplayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
I went to the Wolfpack game last night and Montoya gave up 4 goals on 16 shots before he was finally pulled. He gave up at least 3 weak goals. In fact after the first goal went in a couple minutes into the game, you can hear people chanting Mika, Mika, for the back up goalie. This was the first pack game I went to in a long time and for people to be happy when the backup is in and wanting the back up in more then the starter something is wrong. As for other playes, the line of Dawes, Moore and Parenteau was the best line, Dawes got 2 goals and hustled every shift. Korpedo got a goal and he looked ok, nothing special. Jessiman was ok, not bad, not great.. Sauer looked terrible on Defense as did Corey Potter. Bouret hustled alot and got a goal, but didn't look spectacular out there. Dane Byers played ok, nothing special out of him. Bruce Graham is terrible also. Just wanted to let some of you know about some guys that are or can be our future. Only 2 guys who impressed me alot were Dawes and Parenteu
I think Parenteau wont be called up, hed have to go through waivers.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:05 AM
boby

I tink Bourret play very nervous,he play with no trust(confidance)Germander coach make a very bad job with him......and a couple others players,Germander coach is not popular in the pack room.

boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Parenteau impressed you because he's an AHL only player.

I don't know how everyone keeps thinking we acquired some great unhearalded prospect for a 7th round conditional pick- he won't be getting called up.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Germander coach make a very bad job with him......and a couple others players,Germander coach is not popular in the pack room.
What makes you think this?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

And people want Montoya to be the centerpiece of a deal for a big time player. Montoya is not very good. He'll eventually be a middle of the road NHL goaltender but he's not Henrik, he's not even Ryan Miller or Rick DiPietro. He had one terrific tournament in the World Juniors that hyped his career and he's been decent ever since. He's not a franchise guy for a good team and that's the bottom line.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
And people want Montoya to be the centerpiece of a deal for a big time player. Montoya is not very good. He'll eventually be a middle of the road NHL goaltender but he's not Henrik, he's not even Ryan Miller or Rick DiPietro. He had one terrific tournament in the World Juniors that hyped his career and he's been decent ever since. He's not a franchise guy for a good team and that's the bottom line.
Don't let Jake1970 hear you say that!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
squishy

Quote:
I tink Bourret play very nervous,he play with no trust(confidance)Germander coach make a very bad job with him......and a couple others players
Bourret has done nothing to earn anyone's trust this season. He was given a strength and conditioning program over the summer, he did his own thing instead. As a result, he got the early re-assignment. He played poorly to start the season and was quickly demoted from the top line. I've seen more Hartford games than I've missed this season, and he's yet to show me any of the spark or talent he showed at the end of last season. The only suggestion I've seen that it's still there has come when he's played with Nigel Dawes. But Dawes makes everyone he plays with in Hartford look good. Bourret will get nowhere if he's only able to produce when he has Nigel Dawes on his opposite wing, and thus far, that's how it's looked.

Quote:
Germander coach is not popular in the pack room.
I would love for you to share where you heard this. Because it doesn't seem to match up with what I've heard... though admittedly, I haven't heard anything either way recently.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote