HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: West Coast Trip

Old
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
OT: West Coast Trip

These west coast trips stink. Now with the new (old) schedule coming in we're going to have one every season with 9:00 & 10:00 games. This stinks, I'd take the current schedule over that any day. It was nice to have seasons with 8:00 and at latest 9:00 games instead of these lame 10:00 games like tonight. Boo to the new schedule I say.

4 or 5 games (maybe more, too lazy to calculate) every season that no one cares about at all. Such a waste.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

I LOVE these late night games. Wish we had more.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
me too, more chances to win and less to show highlights of 10 years ago of eric lacroix

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Same here, i dont mind it and i like seeing the teams out west.

It also gives me time to get home from work get some stuff done, enjoy dinner without having to puke it up watching my beloved team suck.

At least i can digest my food a little and enjoy for a bit longer before it comes up.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Same here, i dont mind it and i like seeing the teams out west.

It also gives me time to get home from work get some stuff done, enjoy dinner without having to puke it up watching my beloved team suck.

At least i can digest my food a little and enjoy for a bit longer before it comes up.
I wish we played in LA and San Jose this year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I love west coast games as well. I guess because I'm usually up at this hour and I have nothing better to do. But I always enjoy watching the western canadian teams.

This road trip however, can go to hell.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
BklyNYR4Life

I'm probably the biggest supporter out there of the west coast road trip. between school and work the only games I get to see anymore are the ones I attend (yeah I know, that's how you earn people's pity, tough situation right?). ANYWAY the west coast trips are the only times I get to watch games at home on TV, which is so rare nowadays I really enjoy it. I'm usually up this late anyway and drinking and/or smoking if i'm home, least there's hockey to watch.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I am sure for some of you it really stinks to not be able to stay up late for some of these games.

But don't you think it's just silly that some of these cities haven't seen the Rangers in 5 years? Even though it's not a perfect situation for us on the east coast, I think it's the right thing to do.

01-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
These west coast trips stink. Now with the new (old) schedule coming in we're going to have one every season with 9:00 & 10:00 games. This stinks, I'd take the current schedule over that any day. It was nice to have seasons with 8:00 and at latest 9:00 games instead of these lame 10:00 games like tonight. Boo to the new schedule I say.

4 or 5 games (maybe more, too lazy to calculate) every season that no one cares about at all. Such a waste.
You do realize that there are people like Chimp, Ola, Alfie, Myself and countless others (sorry if I forgot any of you) that stay up till 3,4 and sometimes 5 AM to watch games right? That's just rubbing it in for us poor souls. I miss living in the states.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
i love these late games. but i hate that we can 't even beat the oilers

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
ruckus*

Quote:

What's lame is your attitude about all of this. It's better for those that can't see games regularly and if it only inconvenience's you 4 or 5 times a year you should be thankful. Plus, if you're a huge fan, stay the hell up. Problem solved. There's a lot of times where the Rangers have a 7 o'clock game and you've got things to do and would love for the game to start at 10. One day when you actually have things to do, that might happen to you. Then you'll be happy. It's only a few games. Deal with it.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
In The Flesh

agree with the OP, these late night games stink, its like I'm waiting around for the game to start at like 6, 7, 8, and I don't need to see PHO and VAN any more than we already do.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:32 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I was actually at a bar with some friends and they couldn't even get the damn game because after the Knicks game was over MSG decides to show MSG NY instead of switching to the Rangers.

Plus I think it's a inconvience for all those people who have to wake up for work early the next day and for those in places like Europe who have to watch the game at some garbage hour in the morning because now the game is three hours later.

The fact that some people are magically too busy to watch the game at 7:00 seems to be nonsense because no one ever complained in the past. Plus if you're willing to stay up until 1:00 to watch the game, then why can't you just stay up until 1:00 to do whatever work you need to do?

Who would want to watch a game that late during the middle of the week when you have to go to work the next day? I think a good portion of the people here have to wake up early to go to work in the next morning. Some earlier than others. Watching a Rangers game at 10:00 so I go to sleep at 1:00 and wake up at 6:00 or something? Hah, good luck with that. That's probably not what most Rangers fans do. I bet you the ratings for these Rangers games are lower than any others.

I'm sorry I'm amoung the super hardcore who would rather watch the Rangers than sleep.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:52 AM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I wish we played in LA and San Jose this year.
You're telling me. I got to go to the Anaheim game last season. Wore my Henrik jersey with great pride, and even had some good altercations with the usual "I never played hockey and Im only a fan now that the team is good" OC bro types. You might have to live here to understand that last bit.

Game times dont matter much to me. I work from home normally so I can knock off for the 4pm starts pretty much every day. 7pm starts actually conflict with Kings games (as was the case last night), which is bad news for me.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
broadwayblue

If the games are on a Friday or Saturday night I don't really mind it. But it sucks to have to wait until 10 to start the game on a weeknight. It's only a few nights a season though so it's not really that big a deal.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 02:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

boo effing hoo. cry me a river. Go to bed if it's past your bedtime. I'm sure all our European fans will show you some sympathy.

You don't here me complaining that 4pm is too early for me to watch games (because I'm at work) do you? Yeah, what is this time zone thing? thelame.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote