HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Rangers @ Edmonton Oilers 1/5 - 10PM Est

Old
01-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Karan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Karan, great picture. It's funny you posted this one. I was watching Avery and there's more to it than just making faces. Did you see the whole exchange?

The guy in the picture and his buddy behind him were yelling at Avery, who was just standing there for about a minute. Avery was saying stuff back to him and they looked like the had a healthy exchange.

As Avery looked away, two other fans came down who actually had those seats and I think an usher asked for their tickets and kicked out the guys who were giving Avery the business. Apparently they weren't sitting in the front row

Avery really wasn't paying attention to them at this point, but as they started walking up he looked over at them and started laughing. He went over and banged on the glass to get their attention and was rubbing his fingers together and kept pointing high in the upper level. I couldn't hear him but it was clear he was giving them stuff for not being able to afford the good seats.
I got there a bit late so I didnt catch the start of it. But it did get pretty animated for sure. Unfortunately I was one of the guys who got ushered away too, although I was just quietly taking my pictures :p But you're right I did catch the bit bout the guy pointing upto the higher sections, and Avery mocking that. Good for Avery, setting those dopey troublemakers straight.

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Why did avery shoot in the shootout over Hossa?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Bury Your Head

Avery shot over Hossa in the SO because Renney has a man-crush on Avery the same way a lot of us Ranger fans do.

But lately Avery hasn't been himself. He seems. . . afraid. Almost too conservative, at least for Sean Avery.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Why did avery shoot in the shootout over Hossa?
Or Prucha for that matter. I would have thought the guys who have proved they can score in the shootout would go first.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranB View Post
I got there a bit late so I didnt catch the start of it. But it did get pretty animated for sure. Unfortunately I was one of the guys who got ushered away too, although I was just quietly taking my pictures :p But you're right I did catch the bit bout the guy pointing upto the higher sections, and Avery mocking that. Good for Avery, setting those dopey troublemakers straight.
I was at the game last night too, and I was sitting behind the Rangers bench (I was wearing my Canada jersey, if you look closely in your pictures, you can see me).

Anyway, just before the shootout, my friend and I were harrassing Avery. We were constantly yelling Avery's line from "The Rocket" (which I won't mention here). Avery was being harrased the entire game by a bunch of Oiler fans in the first row behind the bench, and ignored it for the most part. But just before the shootout, he looked up at us and started yapping... We kept yelling Avery's line from the movie, and Avery just mouthed, "You're ugly..." and "sit down you ****." I flashed my Canada jersey at him and told him I was a Canadian hockey fan, and he just shook his head and yapped some more.

I thought it was comical. Even though it was a "confrontation," I got the sense that it was good fun. In fact, I think that's Avery's entire persona. He doesn't really intend to be bad, he just knows how to play a villain really well, almost like a WWF star. I think that's the one memory I'll take with me, following this game.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Or Prucha for that matter. I would have thought the guys who have proved they can score in the shootout would go first.
both Prucha and Hossa looked bad against Vokoun, and I think that's the only other time they've faced a right-handed catching goalie this season.

I would have still gone with Prucha, but Hossa's one move doesn't work nearly as well with a right handed catching goalie, IMO.

Old
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I think it's certainly an isolated incident - Garon and Avery played together in LA, no?

I believe Avery communicated to Renney that he knew how to take Garon in the shootout. When have we ever seen Avery shoot?

Old
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
Malik's Rap Debut Rap Album Title:

"Me No Healthy Scratch"
Haha.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I thought it was comical. Even though it was a "confrontation," I got the sense that it was good fun. In fact, I think that's Avery's entire persona. He doesn't really intend to be bad, he just knows how to play a villain really well, almost like a WWF star. I think that's the one memory I'll take with me, following this game.
Avery might be an entertainer first, hockey player second.

01-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I was at the game last night too, and I was sitting behind the Rangers bench (I was wearing my Canada jersey, if you look closely in your pictures, you can see me).

Anyway, just before the shootout, my friend and I were harrassing Avery. We were constantly yelling Avery's line from "The Rocket" (which I won't mention here). Avery was being harrased the entire game by a bunch of Oiler fans in the first row behind the bench, and ignored it for the most part. But just before the shootout, he looked up at us and started yapping... We kept yelling Avery's line from the movie, and Avery just mouthed, "You're ugly..." and "sit down you ****." I flashed my Canada jersey at him and told him I was a Canadian hockey fan, and he just shook his head and yapped some more.

Thats pretty cool I think Avery is the type of person that thrives off that. He doesnt seem to take it personally, and infact he actually gets a kick out of it. He sure seemed to be enjoying going at it with that fan. Makes for good entertainment eh?

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote