HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Malik's Reaction on Being Scratched 2nite

Old
01-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If I'm Sather, here's what I do:

Resign and apologize to the fans of NY for being the worst GM in the NHL since his arrival.

For years we were unable to even reach the playoffs. Then we were told that our farm system is the envy of the league. As all of the young guys, one by one, prove to be overhyped garbage - besides Staal and Lundqvist - and it becomes more apparent hat his stint here is an utter disaster.

I still hope that Girardi recaptures his abilities of last year which would give us 3 good NHL players out of the hordes he has drafted.

It is amazing that he hasn't drafted an NHL impact forward in all of these years.

Maybe after the punching bag Malik is no longer here it will become apparent to those that believe that Malik is somehow a focal point of what ails the Rangers. Nah, the masses will find a new punching bag, probably Renney.

Girardi was undrafted

I do get your point though, however, I do not think that Slats is entirely to blame for the duds of first round picks we've had over the years. It all starts with scouting, and if the scouting reports the Gm receives are faulty and unreliable, then there is a great chance that draft picks may turn out to be garbage.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Bury Your Head

Malik was even halfway decent at the beginning of THIS year. But I think he's forgotten how to skate.

And play defense.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:16 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
He was good the first year and decent the beginning of last year.
Malik was really good his 1st 2 years as as a Ranger, He has NEVER RECOVERED FROM HIS PLAYOFF GAFFE that cost us thar series against Buffalo

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:47 AM
in the hall

Quote:

Resign and apologize to the fans of NY for being the worst GM in the NHL since his arrival.

For years we were unable to even reach the playoffs. Then we were told that our farm system is the envy of the league. As all of the young guys, one by one, prove to be overhyped garbage - besides Staal and Lundqvist - and it becomes more apparent hat his stint here is an utter disaster.

I still hope that Girardi recaptures his abilities of last year which would give us 3 good NHL players out of the hordes he has drafted.

It is amazing that he hasn't drafted an NHL impact forward in all of these years.

Maybe after the punching bag Malik is no longer here it will become apparent to those that believe that Malik is somehow a focal point of what ails the Rangers. Nah, the masses will find a new punching bag, probably Renney.
its funny how its always the same people saying the same annoying, frustrating things that make you go, WTH is wrong with you?

chosen.. rcallahan..

as for malik.. he's lucky if he's on the team past February.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 11:51 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Malik was really good his 1st 2 years as as a Ranger, He has NEVER RECOVERED FROM HIS PLAYOFF GAFFE that cost us thar series against Buffalo
the poster was right, he was only good his first year then half of last year, and personally i wouldn't even consider him good just ok.

he has been terrible for a year now.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:01 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
Not sure if anyone heard this already...but I just wanted to throw this out there from Dellapina's Blog:

"Upon being informed that he would be the defenseman sitting out tonight to make room for Strudwick, Malik reacted angrily.

He put on his overcoat and stormed out of the Rangers’ lockerroom and into the Edmonton night. Where he was going was unclear
"
Hopefully back to the Czech Republic.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
the poster was right, he was only good his first year then half of last year, and personally i wouldn't even consider him good just ok.

he has been terrible for a year now.
Yeah Malik was really good that first year here. I wouldn't say his gaffe cost us the series against Buffalo, If we had won game 5 which we had in our hands we probably still would have won the series. Malik's play hit an all time low this year. He looks like a completely different player. Any correlation between the fans' booing and the decline of Malik's play? Who knows. One would think pro athletes can shrug that sort of thing off but they are human.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Edmonton cops found him passed out on the ground in a courtyard and reeking of alcohol.

truly enjoyable

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Kostik

Quote:
its funny how its always the same people saying the same annoying, frustrating things that make you go, WTH is wrong with you?

chosen.. rcallahan..

as for malik.. he's lucky if he's on the team past February.
Chosen is right on the money btw...
On the other hand, Jorts....is Jorts.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:31 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post

1) Shop Malik around to the league, try and get a draft pick
2) If no one wants him, waive him and send him to Hartford
3) Bring up Baranka
4) Make Strudwick the 7th defenseman

Bingo. Our defense is instantly better and more mobile.
YES! If anyone has seen Hartford play this year, in addition to the one game he played up here, Baranka has def got it. You can tell he is an NHL Dman.

I would actually like to see Struds get some time at forward on the 4th line....maybe over Colton. I know this disrupts Renney's "Orr" project.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:

I think Girardi was and undrafted FA...but either way. I agree.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I think Girardi was and undrafted FA...but either way. I agree.
Girardi was undrafted.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:49 PM
NYR1724

I think Baranka comes up at the all-star break. Last year Renney and the staff went down there to see who could potentially get called up. Hopefully they see that Baranka's got "it" and they send Malik packing.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
chosen

Quote:

chosen.. rcallahan..

As usual, you could not argue the facts by telling us all of all the great forwards Sather has drafted. It's easier to attack the messenger than prove the messenger wrong, especially for some.

Once or twice it's anecdotal. When it becomes a pattern it becomes a sign that there is nothing of substance to say, but continue to post your nuggets, if for no other reason than they amuse me and expose you.

Last edited by chosen: 01-06-2008 at 05:42 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 05:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
YES! If anyone has seen Hartford play this year, in addition to the one game he played up here, Baranka has def got it. You can tell he is an NHL Dman.

I would actually like to see Struds get some time at forward on the 4th line....maybe over Colton. I know this disrupts Renney's "Orr" project.
I also wonder why Baranka isn't in the lineup over Struds. Ivan had more hits in 1 game than Malik has had the whole season.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

The following gms have been worse since Sather came to the Rangers

Ferguson
Lombardi
Feaster
Armstrong
Lowe
MOC
Maclean
Keenan

Those have all clearly been worse and some have been fired for their efforts. Sather is not that bad, look at what he took over and look where they are now.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:

Give it a rest, Chosen! Sather is far from the worst GM in the league. If any apology is necessary it should come from Malik for stealing $3,000,000 this season and whining about his deserved demotion.

Sather's draft philosphy has been building this team from the goalie out. If you look at this team we are set in goal and have a good young corp of defensman. I agree that there have been no franchise forwards drafted other than the 2002 draft who would you have drafted?

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
UAGoalieGuy

If Malik is dealt/traded I'd love to see Baranka up with the big club. I think he has earned a shot with the Rangers and in his 1 game he played solid. In mean he's in his 3rd season in the AHL. I think he is ready for the NHL.

Is he healthy though?

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The following gms have been worse since Sather came to the Rangers

Ferguson
Lombardi
Feaster
Armstrong
Lowe
MOC
Maclean
Keenan

Those have all clearly been worse and some have been fired for their efforts. Sather is not that bad, look at what he took over and look where they are now.
You are wasting your time. Chosen is convinced that Malik is a Norris Trophy capable d-man who is underappreciated in NY and that Sather has done everything wrong and that only sheer luck has gotten the Rangers into the playoffs the last couple of seasons!

Old
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
You are wasting your time. Chosen is convinced that Malik is a Norris Trophy capable d-man who is underappreciated in NY and that Sather has done everything wrong and that only sheer luck has gotten the Rangers into the playoffs the last couple of seasons!
When you have to grossly exaggerate to make a point you make no point at all. I have posted repeatedly here that Malik has played poorly this year but why should facts interfere.

If you think I have ever claimed that Malik is a Norris Trophy candidate you need to read closer. The truth is that you know I never wrote any such thing.

Old
01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Give it a rest, Chosen! Sather is far from the worst GM in the league. If any apology is necessary it should come from Malik for stealing $3,000,000 this season and whining about his deserved demotion.

Sather's draft philosphy has been building this team from the goalie out. If you look at this team we are set in goal and have a good young corp of defensman. I agree that there have been no franchise forwards drafted other than the 2002 draft who would you have drafted?
I am not a GM. It is not my job to conduct drafts. That job belongs to Sather.

The Rangers have acquired in Sather's entire tenure:

A franchise goaltender.

One potentially great defenseman in Staal.

A probably going to be good defenseman in Girardi.

An average defenseman in Tyutin.

A possibly good forward in Dubinsky.

This is building a winner after how many drafts?

Who replaces Jagr, Shanahan and Straka as offensive threats when they leave?

If Cherry doesn't pan out can you think of one who will?

Old
01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Edmonton cops found him passed out on the ground in a courtyard and reeking of alcohol.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
When you have to grossly exaggerate to make a point you make no point at all. I have posted repeatedly here that Malik has played poorly this year but why should facts interfere.

If you think I have ever claimed that Malik is a Norris Trophy candidate you need to read closer. The truth is that you know I never wrote any such thing.
I guess you missed the sarcasm in the post. Truth be told you've taken many a poster to task for criticizing Malik. Most posters will tell you that he has probably been our worst defensman this season!

Old
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:

A franchise goaltender.

Clark is runing the draft table anyway, not Sather...but, with that said. You left out Bobby Sanguinetti, who is arguable the best offensive defenceman in Jr hockey.

Also left out Anisimov who has tons of potential.

The reality of it is the Rangers under Sather have drafted quite well for themselves.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:

A franchise goaltender.

Compare him to other GM's who have drafted in the middle of the pack year after year! For the most part the GM's that have done better have usually drafted in the top of the draft. When is the last time the Rangers have had a top 5 pick??? Given our draft position Sather has done OK -- not great but certainly not horrible. Just like you constantly complain about no one giving Malik a break you do the same with Sather.