HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers @ Preds - 1.3.08(at least we ain't LA edition)

Old
01-04-2008, 11:09 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Don't understand that jab at L.A., but I understand kicking a team when they're down. But when we add Stamkos at the draft, we can have our GDT's say, "At least we aren't Nashville".
just like how columbus has looked down and said "at least we aren't nashville" after nabbing nash, klesla, and zherdev?? ok, well, they've been better than us this year at least.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Don't understand that jab at L.A., but I understand kicking a team when they're down. But when we add Stamkos at the draft, we can have our GDT's say, "At least we aren't Nashville".
I think it's mostly tongue in cheek, with regard to the comments we had back and forth with the LA fans around the time we played last, when we were willing wins to each other to get ahead in the Stamkos chase. I dont think it was meant as a "jab," just good n atured ribbing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 02:02 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
I usually sit in 302 but I had tickets in 117 for this game. It sure is a world of difference in that section. Some people dont like you disrupting their peaceful existance down there.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 04:48 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
the deal is that the game was a meeting of two last place(divisional) teams, sure not to be one for the ages. and that the only thing that would make it worse was if one of the teams was last in the conference too, ala LA. trying to find the silver lining here.

if you really think about it, you can't make a joke without offending somebody somewhere.

if i wanted to take a jab i would have said, at least we are not the Queens....

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2008, 11:17 AM
TheKingPin

thought i was a genius taking JP and Mason in my Keeper draft, especially after last years playoffs. Will Mason be back? Will JP realize his potential?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I usually sit in 302 but I had tickets in 117 for this game. It sure is a world of difference in that section. Some people dont like you disrupting their peaceful existance down there.
I was in 118 and I have to say that, score aside, I had one of the best times I'd ever had at a hockey game. Of course, maybe a more sedate atmosphere lends itself to fans of the opposing team having a good time. And there were certainly a lot of kids around.

From the super-cool Nashville fans a few rows up who bought my buddies and I cotton candy after the 4th goal (and beers at the Flying Saucer afterwards), to the six-year old girl behind me who wouldn't stop trash talking (her: "you stink!" me: "... I have no response to that,"), to the constant & cool chanting and music (and let me tell you, I am so sick of Tim McGraw right now), to the $2-beers (which became so very necessary so very quickly)... it was just an outright blast. You could teach just about every other team in the league a thing or two about how to put on a live hockey game.

Given the score and the enthusiasm of the fans, thank god you guys have that super-lame Fang Finger. It was the only ammo we had all night.

Well done, Predators. I'm pretty sure I'll be back for a game next season.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
I was in 118 and I have to say that, score aside, I had one of the best times I'd ever had at a hockey game. Of course, maybe a more sedate atmosphere lends itself to fans of the opposing team having a good time. And there were certainly a lot of kids around.

From the super-cool Nashville fans a few rows up who bought my buddies and I cotton candy after the 4th goal (and beers at the Flying Saucer afterwards), to the six-year old girl behind me who wouldn't stop trash talking (her: "you stink!" me: "... I have no response to that,"), to the constant & cool chanting and music (and let me tell you, I am so sick of Tim McGraw right now), to the $2-beers (which became so very necessary so very quickly)... it was just an outright blast. You could teach just about every other team in the league a thing or two about how to put on a live hockey game.

Given the score and the enthusiasm of the fans, thank god you guys have that super-lame Fang Finger. It was the only ammo we had all night.

Glad to here that you had a good time.

As for the Fang Finger, it is probably the worst idea anyone could have ever came up with. It somewhat made sense (although still stupid) with the foam fingers that they once gave out, but to try to get people to do it with actual fingers is laughable. I don't know who cooked that up but man were they reaching...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
As for the Fang Finger, it is probably the worst idea anyone could have ever came up with. It somewhat made sense (although still stupid) with the foam fingers that they once gave out, but to try to get people to do it with actual fingers is laughable. I don't know who cooked that up but man were they reaching...
I had a pair of season tix down low for the first three years. I HATED the fang finger.

I wouldn't do it. A neighbor asked me why. I said "it's really stupid". And he said "yeah, but the little kids like it". So I finally began joining in.

Talk about a weak effort at trying to manufacture a "tradition".

Whoooohoooo! Yeah! We're all rocking and rolling because we just drew a key penalty! Then the announcer intones "fannng fingerrrrs..." and some of the joy is just sucked out. If you have to tell the fans what to do it's not that great. The fans know what to do now but it's still weak. Oh well. Some fans have told me that they think precisely because it is so stupid that it does annoy the opposing team. Maybe they're right and I'm all wet.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-07-2008 at 04:01 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:50 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post

It's always nice to hear thing like that from other teams fans.

Thanks!! I hope you do come back and bring some friends. Every time we play the Oilers it seems that we have some Oiler fans in the building and they always seem to have a great time, no matter the score.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:01 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Who cares if "Fang Fingers" are stupid. We're not exactly some team that's been around 50+ years and can be so sophisticated and elitist about what goes on at a game in a new and developing market (esp. one that needs help after this summers doings). We need these cheesy or lame things to keep people, well kids mainly, involved in the game. Besides, with the fang fingers, instead of kicking the back of the seat all night or being obnoxious kids actually pay attention and then get excited when they get to do the "faaannngg finnnggeerrrrs". It's like 5 seconds long, get over it. Besides, if people are having a good time at the game then what harm is it doing?

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote