HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Review - Andrew Peters

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Fan-of-#9

vCash: 500
Player Review - Andrew Peters

This is a Player Review for forward Andrew Peters.

Grade: B+

Key Stats: (all career highs)
GP: 42
G: 2
A: 0
P: 2
+/- : -3
PIM: 151 (LEAD TEAM)
TOI/g: 4:01

At 23 years old, I think we forget that this guy is pretty much still a kid, he sure doesn't look like one or fight like one. In his first year as a Sabre he did his job very well. He beat the heck outta people, and the best part of it is that he got better over time. Peters brought character to this team, and drew some big penalties down the stretch. Peters was great.

Development:

Obviously Peters has very, very minimal offensive upside, but as a fighter I think the upside is definetly there. Early in the season, he could barely stay on his feet, his balance isn't perfect yet, but there was definetly an improvement over the course of the year. With only 4:00 minutes of ice-time per game, I think Peters made the most of it, not just with fighting but with a decent forecheck.

Outlook:

This is a guy we will resign in the off-season as he's done he's job better than Boulton. He's got plenty of years ahead of him which is very exciting for us. This guy will be a top heavyweight in the NHL in no time.

His Future with the Sabres:

We've found our enforcer for the next decade IMO. This guy has got a deadly right hand and with some work on his balance he'll be dangerous. This guy is here to stay, he's a fan favourite in Buffalo. He was the 34th pick overall in 1998, maybe a little high for an enforcer, but if he develops into a Top Heavyweight I'm happy with that.

Good Moments:

-Scored his first career NHL goal on New Year's Eve vs. the Capitals.
-Celebration after potting an empty-netter vs. Pittsburgh on March 26.
-Pounded Tie Domi with a right hand that he will never ever forget on January 3rd.

Old
04-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

I agree with most of what you've said.

As a player, Peters is poor, but we're not looking for a bonafide sniper on the fourth line. As an enforcer, though, Peters certainly knows his role and can back it up. This kid will only continue to improve his battling skills as well as his fourth line playing skills. He notched a couple goals, granted one was an empty net, and looked much more solid out there toward the end of the year.

He's got a dangerous right hand, a willingness to fight all comers, and the size to back it up. I think he learned a lot from the Matt Johnson incident and will avoid losses like that in the future.

Peters is a keeper, and Boulton better be packing his bags.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:00 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Peters is a keeper, and Boulton better be packing his bags.
I agre 100%, Peter's is a great fourth line winger I hope he is here for year's to come. He brings leadership and toughness to this team and it need's as much as it could get. As for Boulton, he is not that bad to have as an extra,especially when going into a game against a team like the Leaf's or Thrasher's .

Old
04-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
I agre 100%, Peter's is a great fourth line winger I hope he is here for year's to come. He brings leadership and toughness to this team and it need's as much as it could get. As for Boulton, he is not that bad to have as an extra,especially when going into a game against a team like the Leaf's or Thrasher's .
Peters is a great agitator and energy guy and if he can continue to improve his fighting could be a real intimidator. It would be nice for him to learn how to be a huge force in front of the net (screening, deflecting shots) but I won't hold my breath.

Boulton is expendable. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him. Especially with Brown on the blueline. Boulton can probably pass down to Rochester without any worry, but if he was picked up, no big loss. I would just call up McMorrow for the Leafs or find someone else to put in Rochester for occasional call ups in really rough games.

Closed Thread