HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: NFC Wild Card

Old
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
OT: NFC Wild Card

I searched and couldn't find the old thread for other sports.

Anyway, nice win by the Jints today. Eli gets the PO monkey off his back, holds on to the ball, and plays well. The D came up big, and it sure is nice to see a Gianats secondary that can actually catch the ball.

Way to go G-Men, let's take it to Dallas!

Interestingly, this is the first post-season match-up between the Giants & the 'Boys.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
The Thomas J.*

The Boys are beatable, we played them closely both games this season, Good too see Eli get the win, he needed it, a loss could have really been devesating for him & his future,

GO GIANTS!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:34 PM
clmetsfan

I needed that today after last night's misery.

Great to see Eli play up to his potential in a playoff game. He looked as good as he ever has today. And they have a legitimate shot at upsetting Dallas next week. Another war weather road game, they can't ask for much more than that.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Choice

It would be real sweeet to put the Cowboys out for the season.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

The Giants proving even in the NFL, teams that win crappy division are OVERRATED!!! Go G-MEN.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Where's True Blue been all year with his Skins!?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
What a great game. GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love nothing more than to beat Dallas.......and I think it's possible.

Eli played an outstanding game after the first quarter, Toomer and Plax had several catches and the defense stepped up big time. So good to finally break the streak of playoff losses.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Sadly Im a Jets fan... So I guess thereis nothing left but the giants

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
Hey man were all family here, when one team sucks we fell the pain, when one team ios winning we share the joy! Thats how I feel, about football anyway.

Old
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Hey man were all family here, when one team sucks we fell the pain, when one team ios winning we share the joy! Thats how I feel, about football anyway.
Usually I feel that way. But not this year. Jets fans were WAY too ****ing cocky after having one of the easiest schedules of all time last year and doing well with it. It was nice to see them have to miss the playoffs and eat a lot of crow.

As long as they can calm down next year, it'll be good again!

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

I'm the odd man out, diehard Rangers-fan AND Coiwboys.

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
rangers16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hplaya94 View Post
well iam a jet fan and i still have the packers to look foward to the the pats losing so iam not that upset

rangers16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Nice to see them win a round, but I don't know about playing Dallas. They beat the Giants twice this year. I don't follow football well enough to know how beatable Dallas is at this point.

I heard on the radio that if the Super Bowl ends up being New England vs. Dallas, it could be one of the highest rated Super Bowl shows ever, with the whole undefeated team vs. America's team setup. But that's still a few weeks ahead of us.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Nice to see them win a round, but I don't know about playing Dallas. They beat the Giants twice this year. I don't follow football well enough to know how beatable Dallas is at this point.

I heard on the radio that if the Super Bowl ends up being New England vs. Dallas, it could be one of the highest rated Super Bowl shows ever, with the whole undefeated team vs. America's team setup. But that's still a few weeks ahead of us.
One thing about football is that it's extremely tough to beat a team three times in one season. Dallas beat us twice but it was when they were at their best this season, they have struggled recently. Plus Terrell Owens is a little banged up.

I think the Giants have a very good chance in this one, but even if they lose, I would like to at least see them keep it close. They've proven alot of people wrong this year and they are alot better than some people think.

Also, I have no problem if Jets fans pull for the Giants. It's not like Rangers/Isles or even Yanks/Mets, I always hope the Jets do well as long as it isn't against the Giants.

Old
01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Good thing about the 'Boys is that TO is banged up, and they've played some pretty mediocre football the past month. Also, the Jints played them hard both games this year, and could've won either one.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I hate the Giants (Jets fan), but I hate the Cowboys more. As long as fantasy season's not going (I have Romo as my QB ) I'll root against the Boys.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Colts over Chargers
Jaguars over Patriots
Giants over Cowboys
Packers over Seahawks

teams I want to win this week. I want Colts/Jags vs. Green Bay in the Super Bowl with Green Bay taking it.

Of course Jags beating Patriots is going to be a rough one, but one can hope . Giants vs. Cowboys is going to be a close one probably.

Old
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I told some buddies 4 weeks ago that if any team can beat the Pats, IMO its the Jags. Especially if its bad weather up in Foxborough this weekend and Brady can't sling the ball around the field like he wants. With Jacksonville's two-headed monster at RB they can eat up the clock and keep the Pats offense off the field.

I'm a Jets fan but do not hate the Giants. They've grown on me the last few years. I have no problem rooting for them, and hope that they do beat Dallas. Especially since a good friend of mine is a die-hard Cowboys fan and he guarantees they'll be in the SB.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I told some buddies 4 weeks ago that if any team can beat the Pats, IMO its the Jags. Especially if its bad weather up in Foxborough this weekend and Brady can't sling the ball around the field like he wants. With Jacksonville's two-headed monster at RB they can eat up the clock and keep the Pats offense off the field.

I'm a Jets fan but do not hate the Giants. They've grown on me the last few years. I have no problem rooting for them, and hope that they do beat Dallas. Especially since a good friend of mine is a die-hard Cowboys fan and he guarantees they'll be in the SB.
Current forecast calls for Partly Cloudy skies with a high of 40 and a low of 26 and 21 for Sunday's low. I can see game time temps being about 35 possibly below freezing when the game's over. Either way nothing too crazy. Of course the weather could change by then.

I think the Jags and the Colts have the best chance against the Pats, and how the cards are falling it seems that both teams will/may have a shot. If the Jags lose this week and unless the Colts have a colossal collapse then they'll have a shot at the Pats. If the Pats can beat both teams then I'll give them their props.

Old
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
danno2530

I would love to see the Jags beat the Pats. I'm sick of the Patriots and Boston teams in general winning everything. Plus, I'm going to the Rangers/Bruins game up there on Jan 19 so it would be fun to see a city in mourning

With that said, the momentum that everyone has with the Jags and thinking that they are hot right now and can beat the Pats......why do I have a feeling we will all be thinking that and then once the game starts, the Pats roll out to a 35-0 lead? Just a bad feeling, but hopefully the Jags can put it together and get the win.

Old
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I would love to see the Jags beat the Pats. I'm sick of the Patriots and Boston teams in general winning everything. Plus, I'm going to the Rangers/Bruins game up there on Jan 19 so it would be fun to see a city in mourning

With that said, the momentum that everyone has with the Jags and thinking that they are hot right now and can beat the Pats......why do I have a feeling we will all be thinking that and then once the game starts, the Pats roll out to a 35-0 lead? Just a bad feeling, but hopefully the Jags can put it together and get the win.
Pats rarely roll out to a big lead. They instead start off slow and give you some hope... then dominate you in the fourth.

Old
01-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Pats rarely roll out to a big lead. They instead start off slow and give you some hope... then dominate you in the fourth.
They let you hang around & pick you apart in the 2nd half, than really turn it up in the 4th quarter.

Old
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
In The Flesh

Die hard Packers fan my whole life, my dream season would be a rematch of Super Bowl 31 Packers vs. Pats with the Pack again taking it, and beating the 18-0 Pats. But thats a dream, I just want to get to the NFC Champ game hopefully against the Giants..

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post

I think the Jags certainly COULD beat the Pats. The Eagles, Ravens and Giants all had chance and the Jags are better than those teams, but I really don't see it happening. Maybe I'm buying into the hype but I think the Pats are well-rested and Belichick is going to have them ready to roll. 28-13 Pats.

If anyone in the AFC beats New England I think it's the Colts.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote