Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

GER/AUT dominating U-20 Division I Gr A

Old
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Tronador

vCash: 500
GER/AUT dominating U-20 Division I Gr A

Join Date: Nov 2003 Location: Berlin Posts: 211 My Photos: (0) vCash: 500 I am very impressed about Germany and Austria at the U-20 Division 1 A-group. Germany made 36 goals in 4 games, Austria 33 goals. GER-Lithuania 7-1 GER-Poland 11-0 GER-Norway 7-1 GER-Ukraine 11-1 I can't understand why Norway plays so bad...with so much good prospects playing in swedish leagues!? The best scorers are: 1. Frank Maurer (GER) 4 games 6 goals 6 assists 12 points 2. Michael Raffl(AUT) 4 games 4 goals 7 assists 11 pts 3. Patrick Hager(GER) 4 games 4 goals 6 assists 10 pts 4. Arturs Kruminsch(GER) 4 games 5 goals 4 assists 9 pts 5. Daniel Weiss(GER) 4 games 2 goals 7 assists 9 pts

Still drafted players:

Constantin Braun(GER) 4 games 3 goals 1 assists 4 pts
Korbinian Holzer(GER) 4 games 1 goal 1 assist 2 pts

Bye

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Kiraly

I think the Germans will win at home, but it should be a much closer game than the others.

Division 1B is much closer with Slovenia already upseting host Latvia. Promotion up for grabs in this group

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Germany are showing impressive strength in depth. Austria are doing well.

Surprised by the Latvians.. I expected them to dominate, particularly having Daugavins and being at home.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Dream Big

I was going to ask this question in the geek section but decided to ask here first.
Does anyone know if North American DVD's are the same technology used in Germany? If I give a DVD to someone in Germany will they probabley have a DVD player in the home or is it not compatible technology?

If you could direct me to where I should ask this Q I'd much appreciate it. Thanks

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Dream Big

Just wanted to add that I was surprised when Germany was relegated in the world juniors last year. Especially when they beat the USA. Hopefully they'll be up there again soon.

Old
12-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Sanderson

Should get quite interesting, a real finale. Didn't expect Austria to be that strong.

As for the DVDs. The technology itself should be almost the same, but the area-codes prevent Europeans from watching US-DVDs and vice versa.

There are some ways to make the DVD-players area-code free, but it isn't always as simple as some people make it out to be.
In addition to that, while the DVD-players can usually play both PAL and NTSC (in theory), most European tv-sets can only show PAL. PCs might be a different matter though.

Now, if you are talking about DVDs you burned yourself, I would have no idea if that would work.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Sanderson

Germany wins 6-3 and goes up to the WJC again.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Should get quite interesting, a real finale. Didn't expect Austria to be that strong.

As for the DVDs. The technology itself should be almost the same, but the area-codes prevent Europeans from watching US-DVDs and vice versa.

There are some ways to make the DVD-players area-code free, but it isn't always as simple as some people make it out to be.
In addition to that, while the DVD-players can usually play both PAL and NTSC (in theory), most European tv-sets can only show PAL. PCs might be a different matter though.

Now, if you are talking about DVDs you burned yourself, I would have no idea if that would work.
Thanks for the answer about DVDs. They are amateur DVD's of Stanley Park, Vancouver BC that we filmed ourselves. I'll post this on the Geek thread.

Glad to hear Germany is back up. They have potential to be one of the best if they can get more bodies away from soccer and into hockey.

Old
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
AZCOYOT

Too bad for Austria, but I like their future.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Tronador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire38 View Post
Too bad for Austria, but I like their future.
It would be great to see some Austrian NHL-drafts in 2008...;-)

Who has the best chances?

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
ksportler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
It would be great to see some Austrian NHL-drafts in 2008...;-)

Who has the best chances?
I don't see a "sure-to-be-drafted player" this year - as Michael Grabner was in 2006 - but there are some talents who should be watched.
Looking at the U20-national-team the outstanding player is Michael Raffl (product of VSV - the same team where Grabner spent his Midget and Junior career) who was named U20-tournaments best forward. But I think his draft-chances are very, very low as he still plays in Austria (and there hasn't been an draft-pick out of the EBEL yet) and he's a 88-born player. I think he'll play abroad next year - maybe in the CHL as his brother Thomas tried before!
Others who might have the talent but still play in the "nearly unscouted" Austrian league: Daniel Oberkofler, Raphael Herburger and Rene Swette.
Our 2 "Scandinavian" players Michael Schiechl (Leksand - Swe) and Mario Fischer (Lukko Rauman - Fin) haven't made a real impact yet, so I don't see them being drafted.
Out of the Austrians playing in North-America there are 3 players who should be mentioned. Patrick Divjak and Kris Reinthaler from the Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) have both played a good season so far and Daniel Woger from the Valley Jr. Warriors (EJHL) has made a great impact to his new team.
As said before I don't see a real draft-pick so far, but there's still time to stand up and maybe one of the crop takes the chance, as Grabner did with his incredible goal-scoring-streak in 2006!

Two who won't be drafted, but may get a chance in the NHL-pre-season-camps are Guelph Storm's Rafael Rotter and Red Bull Salzburg's Philipp Pinter who played a impressive pre-season-game vs. L.A. - there are rumors that he's been shortlisted by the Kings.

ksportler is offline   Reply With Quote