HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Nightlife in NYC under 21

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
  #1
bakunin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
OT: Nightlife in NYC under 21

Hey guys.

Might be the wrong place to ask here for a guy who cheers for the Flyers.

But i'm coming from europe to NYC first time for one week soon.

Can u recommend me some clubs where you can go under 21? Prefer rock music though. And is there any chance to get a beer somewhere?

Or can I go to any clubs but not get a drink?

Thx a lot

bakunin is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
  #2
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 50
I have a feeling this thread is going to be closed..

however pretty much no bars will card you here as long as you don't look 15. but I'd imagine most clubs that would require ID to enter, you'd probably have to be 21

edit: do you mean live music venues or nightclubs?


Last edited by Carlos Ranger: 01-07-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Carlos Ranger is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
  #3
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 500
Corner stores are your friends

I Eat Crow is online now  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:12 PM
  #4
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Dont know what to tell you man, but is the username a reference to the play Coast of Utopia?

Choice is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:15 PM
  #5
bakunin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
edit: do you mean live music venues or nightclubs?

Thanx! Both would be great.

bakunin is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:17 PM
  #6
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
If you want to see live music or what shows are in town get a copy of Time Out New York at any newstand, they list pretty much everything for the week. Plus they'll list if the venues are 18+, 21+ or whatever. They probably have a website that has show listings too.

Choice is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
  #7
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,864
vCash: 500
If u get denied just look for someone to buy a beer for you, and if youre lucky, theyll be really drunk and pay for it themselves lol

Henrique Iglesias is online now  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
  #8
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Must suck coming from europe being like 19 or 20, having been drinking legally for years at home.

Choice is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
  #9
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin View Post
Thanx! Both would be great.
For shows I'd recommend bowery ballroom, hammerstein ballroom for some more popular bands, and smaller places like arlene's grocery, and knitting factory could be fun too. They're mostly all ages shows, but if you wanna drink there you'll need ID as already stated.

Carlos Ranger is offline  
Old
01-07-2008, 11:55 PM
  #10
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
For shows I'd recommend bowery ballroom, hammerstein ballroom for some more popular bands, and smaller places like arlene's grocery, and knitting factory could be fun too. They're mostly all ages shows, but if you wanna drink there you'll need ID as already stated.
agreeed, im going to the Knitting Factory to see Senses Fail soon. I met Authority Zero at the Knitting Factory, I got on stage, it was awesome. I met the bassist from Whole Wheat Bread. When I saw LoveHateHero and Escape the Fate, I met the the guys from LoveHateHero. Webster Hall, Knitting Factory, Nokia Theatre all good places. Hammerstein is good. The Blender is another one. Im gonna see Strike Anywhere at the Knitting Factory in March.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
  #11
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Party with JOrts, get a comp drink and drunk trade proposal!

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
  #12
stc1709*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
ehh theres alot of clubs u can get into for 21 even if ur not 21.. just requires a little trick... take a $10 bill or $20 bill fold it in 4, then put the bill under ur id, when u hand the bouncer ur id hell grab the id and the money, he will feel the money underneath the id and he will know exactly what you want, hell look at the id and he'll act like ur 21 and then he'll slap the wrist band on you, its worked for me numerous times

stc1709* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:36 AM
  #13
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc1709 View Post
ehh theres alot of clubs u can get into for 21 even if ur not 21.. just requires a little trick... take a $10 bill or $20 bill fold it in 4, then put the bill under ur id, when u hand the bouncer ur id hell grab the id and the money, he will feel the money underneath the id and he will know exactly what you want, hell look at the id and he'll act like ur 21 and then he'll slap the wrist band on you, its worked for me numerous times
screw that im cheap luckily im over 21, but i still get carded cause i look young.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:38 AM
  #14
stc1709*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
screw that im cheap luckily im over 21, but i still get carded cause i look young.
sometimes u gotta pay to play kid...haha... 2 more months till i turn 21

stc1709* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:46 AM
  #15
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc1709 View Post
sometimes u gotta pay to play kid...haha... 2 more months till i turn 21
that is true

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
  #16
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
I have a feeling this thread is going to be closed..

however pretty much no bars will card you here as long as you don't look 15. but I'd imagine most clubs that would require ID to enter, you'd probably have to be 21

edit: do you mean live music venues or nightclubs?
the bar thing depends on the day and where. thurs-sat you're pretty much SOL. most good bars card you outside.

there are clubs that have under 21, just can't get alcohol. webster hall is one, can't think of any others atm.

in the hall is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
  #17
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
there are clubs that have under 21, just can't get alcohol. webster hall is one, can't think of any others atm.
Oh man they still do those teen nights? What a disaster.

Choice is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 02:28 AM
  #18
Remdawg911
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Knitting Factory is one of the best venues I've been too. Extremely small, no security, and the stage is right there. I saw the Street Dogs play twice there with Darkbuster and the Tossers and the shows were two of the best shows I've ever been at to this day.

Remdawg911 is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 02:48 AM
  #19
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remdawg911 View Post
Knitting Factory is one of the best venues I've been too. Extremely small, no security, and the stage is right there. I saw the Street Dogs play twice there with Darkbuster and the Tossers and the shows were two of the best shows I've ever been at to this day.
I met Authority Zero at the Knitting factory. It was amazing, I love meeting the bands at smaller venues. I hate places like MSG and Nokia Theatre. too much security at times.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 08:08 AM
  #20
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!
 
AlwaysARanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oslo
Country: Norway
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Oh man they still do those teen nights? What a disaster.


SO agree, think i'm getting old.

AlwaysARanger is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
  #21
jc25
Registered User
 
jc25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
All these people have given you a pretty comprehensive guide, additionally i would sign up for www.going.com

register in the new york city area and see what's going on during the days you're going to be here. the site is pretty cool, they offer happy hour suggestions and concerts and free happenings that are going on all around the city.

you can do anything in nyc, regardless of age, just act like you know.



oh and be careful.

jc25 is offline  
Old
01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
  #22
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,015
vCash: 500
Awards:
Take this to PMs please.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.