HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is teams #1 if Foote is gone?

View Poll Results: Who takes over as the #1 if Foote is gone?
Klesla 23 39.66%
Hejda 26 44.83%
Hainsey 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
CallMeJerry

vCash: 500
Based on the voting choices and the fact that the Jackets are within sniffing distance of a playoff spot, I'd have to conclude that Hitchcock is the best coach ever.

CallMeJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
Based on the voting choices and the fact that the Jackets are within sniffing distance of a playoff spot, I'd have to conclude that Hitchcock is the best coach ever.
I actually think the teams defensive group is fabulous. I hope they stay almost entirely together for another several seasons.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
CallMeJerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
I actually think the teams defensive group is fabulous. I hope they stay almost entirely together for another several seasons.
I'll take your word for it - I have to admit I don't know how much about the Jacket D. Just not many big names. But Carolina won the Stanley Cup with 6 no namers on D. I'm just saying Hitchcock is like a wizard.

CallMeJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
I'll take your word for it - I have to admit I don't know how much about the Jacket D. Just not many big names. But Carolina won the Stanley Cup with 6 no namers on D. I'm just saying Hitchcock is like a wizard.
Yup, he certainly can make guys overachieve. He's the perfect coach for our organization.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
wildone26*

Quote:

Well it is just my opinion, I really dont know if others like our defensive group as much as I do. I think they do a great job limiting scoring chances, limiting shots against considering that this teams lack of offensive punch has them playing on their heels vs alot of the strong Western teams they play. They also show pretty good ability to stay healthy this year which is important, and I think they work well as a unit together. The only ones I dont like that much are Westcott and Tollefson, but they are both useful in their own way I suppose, and neither play regularly anymore anyway. I really want to see Methot make his way onto the team next year though.

I compare them to some of the Canadian teams I keep tabs on (I am a Canadian, although the Blue Jackets are my favorite team) and I love them that much more. Compare the Blue Jackets defense to the Maple Leafs who currently have clumsy pylons like Colaiacovo, Wozniewski, and the proposterously overhyped Stralman as members of their defense, and have McCabe on their 1st PK unit when all are healthy. Ian White a puny extremely weak defensive defenceman who is much better at scoring then anything else, but only scores at an even rate to Klesla, is their #4 defenceman when all are healthy (which means he will usually be the #3). Compared to them the Blue Jackets defence is godsent.

All that said you are definitely right that Hitchcock is an amazing coach and he can definitely make a group of players overachieve.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
LaCosta Nostra

I really hope they re-sign Foote, but not near 4.6mil again. Hopefully in the 2-3 range. I think his leadership is what is valued the most. We have so many youngsters on the team, having him is important. Federov.... not so much.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 05:24 PM
BauerHockey87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
Mike MacLean
Undrafted
Signed January, 2008 to a PTO
2-way centre, converted to defense
That guy is fly, says one scout
Locker room presence is unreal.
125mph Slapper
IQ 178
fine by me....but keep mclean's out of the GM position...

BauerHockey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I'm thinking Foote will settle for around 1.5 mln and stay in Columbus for two more years.... If not I went with Klesla for homer reasons..... He's our first pick and does a decent job.... I like the dude more than the others.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:54 AM
Pluckfur

Since we're talking only #1 dman and not Captain ... Hejda. Klesla is directly in the line of ascension but there's no doubt that Hejda is probably now, and defintely would be with the departure of Foote, our number 1.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote