HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Dolomite prostock dilema

Old
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
JohnTonelliRises
Tonelli Approves↓

vCash: 500
Warrior Dolomite prostock dilema

Im currenty lookiing to get a prostock warrior dolomite blade and shaft. However, I'm having trouble finding a left handed curve that is good for rising shots and wrist shots. Can anyone help me?

JohnTonelliRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

Kovalev, Draper, Jovanovski?

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
JohnTonelliRises
Tonelli Approves↓

Would a Camalleri pro stock curve be good for this, it has a big mid for a curve and the face is open.

The thing is im trying to avoid falling into the problem I have now, My Naslund curve isn't too good for my retail One90.

Old
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandHockey36 View Post
Im currenty lookiing to get a prostock warrior dolomite blade and shaft. However, I'm having trouble finding a left handed curve that is good for rising shots and wrist shots. Can anyone help me?
Best part about having a shaft is you can change the blade until you find the blade that works best for what you want.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
JohnTonelliRises
Tonelli Approves↓

Alright i'll give this one more shot..

Is the prostock Federov good for wristers?

Old
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
xpat1313x

Send a message via AIM to xpat1313x Send a message via MSN to xpat1313x Send a message via Yahoo to xpat1313x
From the images i've seen of the Fedorov pro-stock it seems to have a pretty good hook to it so should be good for wristers, http://s194614808.onlinehome.us/gall...p?g2_itemId=14 that site has some good images of a lot of pro stock curves, so check em out see what you like.

xpat1313x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Gallagbi
Formerly Eazy_B97

I've seen a few Fedorovs. One was a toe, one was a heel and another was a weird relative mild mid. Sounds like you need more practice on your shots than you do a new curve. The One90 shouldn't give you problems with getting the puck up. That said I've found the Lidstrom easiest to do what you are asking, so try calling and asking if they can match any of the Prostocks to it.

Gallagbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandHockey36 View Post
Just get something with an open face. That will help you get the puck up quicker.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

www.proreturnhockey.com

Look there for sticks if you want a pro stock

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf22 View Post
www.proreturnhockey.com

Look there for sticks if you want a pro stock
Or here...

http://eastwesthockey.net/

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:44 PM
krutch11

Send a message via Yahoo to krutch11
I recently just bought a Warrior Shogun with a Draper blade (close to your naslund). It's taking a while for me to get use to the new curve but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon enough. If you've never used a curvy stick I suggest you keep it that way and go with a curve your used to. My next stick will definately have less curve (probably a federov curve). As for helping you get the puck up, trust me the blade pattern won't help a lot with that. You just gota practice. But as mentioned above, a open face will help a bit. And remember, the more curve you get, the harder it will be for you to do your backhands.

krutch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutch11 View Post
I recently just bought a Warrior Shogun with a Draper blade (close to your naslund). It's taking a while for me to get use to the new curve but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon enough. If you've never used a curvy stick I suggest you keep it that way and go with a curve your used to. My next stick will definately have less curve (probably a federov curve). As for helping you get the puck up, trust me the blade pattern won't help a lot with that. You just gota practice. But as mentioned above, a open face will help a bit. And remember, the more curve you get, the harder it will be for you to do your backhands.
A blade that has an open face will defintiely help get the puck up. Ive read many a posts about people who switch to an open face curve and have trouble keeping the puck down enough to get a shot on net. Some will put the puck higher some you have to practice with a bit.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote