HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Bad News (Avery Out, Shanny Doubtful, Moore questionable, Parenteau called up)

Old
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I knew they played together but completely forgot about Hossa. I figured Pruchs and Dubi would be on the 2nd but couldn't think of the last forward. Thanks for reminding me of Hossa (kind of depresses me even more).

That is a huge message of not recalling Callahan. But do you think that Renney called up PA instead of him b/c those three have played together and have chemistry. Renney knows that this team has had no chemistry at all throughout the year so he might want to just use an entire line that had some success. Just a thought.
probably more of getting PA a cup of coffee, and telling callahan that only good play is going to get him back up here, not injuries.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Cally JUST got sent down. He needs to find his game, and bringing him back up with even more pressure won't help him. This will definitely be one of Renney's "fluid" line nights, where everyone will see some time with everyone, and I wouldn't be surprise if the Hartford trio wind up together.

BUT, just because they've been successful in the AHL in no way means that line would be effective tonight against the Lightning. Also, where would you put Hossa?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
probably more of getting PA a cup of coffee, and telling callahan that only good play is going to get him back up here, not injuries.
I can't wait to see how Cally responds. He is one of my favorite players but I thought this should have happend a while ago.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Does anyone seriously think Parenteau will be getting significant icetime tonight?
y not? things have been nose diving recently....cant hurt to see this kid in action

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Anyone know the status of Prucha's wrist? I know he's been playing, but is he playing hurt? Is it back to 100%? Looks like this team should have been the ones to claim Samsanov...lol.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
isles20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
Is anyone else afraid that giving Avery over 3 million dollars could be a huge mistake.

I mean, I love his play, I love what he brings to the team... but with his size, and the way he plays, and the way he's having a hard time staying in the line up.

Would 3 Million for Avery be worth it if he only plays 40-60 games a year?
tahts overpaying for him anyway even if he doesnt get injured. Is he injured that badly this time?

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Anyone know the status of Prucha's wrist? I know he's been playing, but is he playing hurt? Is it back to 100%? Looks like this team should have been the ones to claim Samsanov...lol.
we don't have the cap space.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
tahts overpaying for him anyway even if he doesnt get injured. Is he injured that badly this time?
One week, at least, it's getting ridiculous.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

JEeesus H christ.

I guess when straka was confirmed out with a concussion i was wrong when i said the team hasnt been decimated by injuries and they should get through this.

Holy crap what the hell

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Does anyone seriously think Parenteau will be getting significant icetime tonight?
i hope he gets some ice time with some of the bug boys because i think he is the type of player that positions himself in the right spot to score.....if he does i can see him getting a goal tonite from gomez and jagr

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
That is a huge message of not recalling Callahan. But do you think that Renney called up PA instead of him b/c those three have played together and have chemistry. Renney knows that this team has had no chemistry at all throughout the year so he might want to just use an entire line that had some success. Just a thought.
First, there's no message being sent to Callahan here. He was sent down because he's struggling and needs to find his game and regain his confidence. He's already been sent down once, but got the reprieve when Moore failed to impress in his debut. But he continued to struggle and have his confidence further eroded. Recalling him now just because Avery got hurt would just further delay his opportunity to get back on track.

Second, Dawes - Moore - Parenteau haven't played together very long, only since Anisimov left for the WJCs. Otherwise Anisimov and Parenteau (with various left wings) have been a fixture all season. So we're not talking about some long-standing familiarity between the players here. And frankly, all three of them have been as or more productive during points in the season when they were playing with different linemates.

Personally, I hope they're not on a line together, because if they are, none of them are going to get any ice time.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:48 PM
John Torturella

I guess the injuries will give the Rangers leverage in negotiating. If anything, he should be cheaper this year than last.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
First, there's no message being sent to Callahan here. He was sent down because he's struggling and needs to find his game and regain his confidence. He's already been sent down once, but got the reprieve when Moore failed to impress in his debut. But he continued to struggle and have his confidence further eroded. Recalling him now just because Avery got hurt would just further delay his opportunity to get back on track.

Second, Dawes - Moore - Parenteau haven't played together very long, only since Anisimov left for the WJCs. Otherwise Anisimov and Parenteau (with various left wings) have been a fixture all season. So we're not talking about some long-standing familiarity between the players here. And frankly, all three of them have been as or more productive during points in the season when they were playing with different linemates.

Personally, I hope they're not on a line together, because if they are, none of them are going to get any ice time.
drury-gomez-jagr
dawes-moore-parenteau
hossa-dubinsky-prucha

how bout those lines?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
shoothepuck

While injuries come at a bad time for NY, it gives players a chance to step up and do something that may keep them in the lineup.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Celestial Black

Hopefully this will be alright during a game and those filling in work out well offensively. Tonnight will be an interesting game.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
eco's bones

Callahan needed to go down to get his game going. I don't think it's a good idea to recall him until he gets some confidence back. He's still very young and I expect him to have a good future. In the meantime it will be interesting to see what Parenteau can do and hopefully Moore will be able to go as well. This is an opportunity that they need to make something of. In Parenteau's case at 24 years old he might not get too many more.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
It's: Pierre like in Jean-Pierre Dumont and Parenteau is like Bernie Parent with an ending "o" so PARENT-O.
I'm thinking more specifically: Pa-rahn-tow

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
avery is a rubber band, gonna end up missing half the season. who the hell is parenteau and how do you say his name. ****
parenteau= parent-o

malik= bru-tal

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
parenteau= parent-o

malik= bru-tal

I swear every thread comes back to malik. It's truly amazing.

Old
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
It's: Pierre like in Jean-Pierre Dumont and Parenteau is like Bernie Parent with an ending "o" so PARENT-O.
thanks mate

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
jfreda13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
According to this,Avery was slashed in the Montreal game and it's the other wrist.He played with the injury last week

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...grows_ave.html

Two bad wrists
So what was he doing in the shootout the other night!!!! Good job Renny

jfreda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreda13 View Post
So what was he doing in the shootout the other night!!!! Good job Renny
wow!!!! Excellent point i didn't think of that. What was he thinking?

Old
01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Bretzky*

TIME TO BRING UP ANISIMOV

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
NYRMatt

Drury - Gomez - Jagr
Hossa - Dubinsky - Prucha
Dawes - Moore - Parentaeu
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Staal - Roszival
Tyutin - Girardi
Malik - Strudwick

Lundqvist

That would be my best guess. If Moore is out, I expect Betts or Hollweg to move up and Strudwick as the 4th line center and Mara playing in place of our 6th empty spot.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
TIME TO BRING UP ANISIMOV
not for at least a week would I even consider bringing him up. He just played what 5 -6 games in the last week. Then had a long flight back to the US. His body must be exhausted. No need risking him to a muscle pull.