HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Time for a little NHL geography class!

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
WIMP!

Just kidding!

This winter in Edmonton the wind chill got into the late -40's! (around -52F). And it stayed that way for a couple days...imagine walking outside and in the first 20 seconds the tips of your nose and fingers begin to go numb...it hurts to inhale because the air is too cold and when you come back inside you can literally feel your body thawing out...thats Edmonton in winter! (I love it here tho)

I can't imagine adjusting to a city like Nashville where the coldest it gets is freezing point. But ever since I found out Nashville is our sister city I want to visit there.
Don't visit Nashville in July or August if your not used to heat. It's around 90 here and with a 80% humidity. Your welcome anytime though. Just don't dress like most tourists do in long sleeve Western shirts, jeans, and boots. Noone that lives here really dresses that way contrary to what's in movies and TV. Plus you'll roast in those clothes in the summer or spring (it was 80 something today). In the winter the coldest That I have ever seen in 30 years is -1 I think. It rarely gets below 40.

Old
04-09-2004, 10:31 PM
ohlund2.2

Vancouver's weather isn't bad. It rarely snows/gets below 0 C...most of the winter is rainy, which is much better imo than ice/snow/etc.

It's quite nice in Spring, Summer, and well into Autumn as well.

Old
04-10-2004, 09:59 AM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlund2.2
Vancouver's weather isn't bad. It rarely snows/gets below 0 C...most of the winter is rainy, which is much better imo than ice/snow/etc.

It's quite nice in Spring, Summer, and well into Autumn as well.
Which makes it less of a hockey city than the other Canadian cities and northern US cities.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:11 AM
beebs

The west looks so bare compared to the east.

And as for cold weather, in Edmonton, -10C is decent in the winter (To me anyways). -15C to -20C is when it starts to get pretty cold. I still don't know how I survived that -40C streak we had here in November(I think). It baffles me still how the players survived the Heritage Classic

Old
04-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Kukla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklez
Why is Detroit in the West?
A lot of Wing fans have been asking that question for years. The only team in the West we play that is in the same time zone is Columbus, and they should be in the east too.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big P
How's central Cali? I just know about Nocal and SoCal.
Central California is more like the Midwest than like Northan or Southern California

Old
04-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Schenn02

From the map, Nashville also looks like it should be in the East. Also, it's only now that things have been put into perspective, now I have a much clearer understanding of why hockey isn't big in the southwest area. Look at the teams, and look at how they are spread out. Wow.

Old
04-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Doomsday Device

Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkwjr
A lot of Wing fans have been asking that question for years. The only team in the West we play that is in the same time zone is Columbus, and they should be in the east too.
If you look at the map, the 15 teams that are the furthest west, which includes Detroit, are in the Western Conference. So, there's really no other way to do it.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Vman

I don't understand why the Canucks get one game road trips or home games!
heres an example:

(from Oct, 30, 2003)
at LA,
at Phoenix,
in Vancouver,
at Nashville,
at St. Louis,
in Vancouver,
at Minny,
at Philly,
at Boston,
in Vancovuer vs Montreal,