HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Pre-Game 2: Islanders vs Lightning

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 08:26 AM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Pre-Game 2: Islanders vs Lightning

Bolts thumped the Isles 3-0 in the first game, the second game's puck drops at 10/04/04 3:00PM EDT will the Isles score this time?

Old
04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Hockeyfan02

Lightning need to cut down on the turnovers in the neutral zone turnovers because the Islanders were feasting on those turnovers all night long. Khabibulin brought his A game last night and he needs to bring that the rest of the playoffs if the Lightning want to make a long run. Bolts need to bring the same physical play they came with last night especially Modin who was hitting anything in white. I look for a much better effort from the Lignting Saturday.

Old
04-09-2004, 11:09 AM
CREW99AW

Isles pp can't look much lousier,but the pk could get another boost with Blake's return.

Pressure's on the Isles,they're a very good home team,but don't want to go home down 2-0.

Let's go Isles

Old
04-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Timmy1973

The Lightning have to keep working hard and not become complacent. Tampa got the bounces last night, but they can't count on it being that way every game. If it weren't for a couple of Cairns miscues, it was a pretty even game. In fact the Bolts will need to work harder because I'm sure New York is going to correct what went wrong last night and come out strong on Saturday. We need to outwork the Isles and the results will come.

Old
04-09-2004, 12:52 PM
imagine29028

Is this game really gonna be on ABC for those of us on the East Coast (MD, specifically).

My buddy invited me up to his place to watch the game, and I can't imagine the response I'll get if they happen to show another game.

(just think about an angry 1/2 Italian 1/2 greek Long Islander, who can't watch his team and get drunk)

Old
04-09-2004, 01:03 PM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine29028
Is this game really gonna be on ABC for those of us on the East Coast (MD, specifically).

My buddy invited me up to his place to watch the game, and I can't imagine the response I'll get if they happen to show another game.

(just think about an angry 1/2 Italian 1/2 greek Long Islander, who can't watch his team and get drunk)
Looks like someone will be a happy drunk tomorrow (at least until the final buzzer and his team is down 2-0 in the series).

http://espn.go.com/i/abcsports/maps/...layoffWEB2.pdf

Old
04-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Sotnos

What I'm thinking is, the Tampa-area Wings fans without CenterIce will be calling ABC complaining all day!

Old
04-09-2004, 01:38 PM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
What I'm thinking is, the Tampa-area Wings fans without CenterIce will be calling ABC complaining all day!
To borrow from my favorite Florida bumper sticker (and keep in mind that I am a native Detroiter who moved to Florida several years ago): "Happiness is a Red Wing fan headed north with a Ranger fan and Maple Leaf fan under each arm."

(Actual bumper sticker reads, "Happiness is a New Yorker headed home with a Canadian under each arm.")

And so that I don't get flamed, I love our visitors. They bring lots of $$$$$ to our economy and they keep coming back for more. It's simply a Florida pasttime to complain about our Northern visitors.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
Bolts thumped the Isles 3-0 in the first game, the second game's puck drops at 10/04/04 3:00PM EDT will the Isles score this time?
Tampa didn't exactly "thump" the Isles. Isles dominated most of the game. Two royal screw-ups by Cairns and a superb game by Khabibulin gave Tampa the win. If the Isles keep playing like they did at Game 1, plus score a goal or two, they'll have a good chance to take the series.

Old
04-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Rschmitz

Essientially, the only "mistakes" the Islanders made yesterday was playing Cairns. Bench him, problem solved. Game 2 we'll see the real Lightning on the ice. Maybe some nuetral officiating also.

Old
04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Essientially, the only "mistakes" the Islanders made yesterday was playing Cairns. Bench him, problem solved. Game 2 we'll see the real Lightning on the ice. Maybe some nuetral officiating also.
then we at least agree that we've seen our teams play better and expect better efforts in game 2.

Old
04-09-2004, 05:29 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
then we at least agree that we've seen our teams play better and expect better efforts in game 2.
Yeah, exactly. I think this series is going to be turned up a notch in Game Two. Both teams got their first-game jitters out of the way. Next one should be far more representative of how the series will play out.

Old
04-10-2004, 09:45 AM
1Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
For future ref., how do you get these?

Old
04-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby