HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "Jason Labarbera is a terrible Goaltender" thread!

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
People here just have no clue about the sport of NHL. They see us losing and right away just say its the goalie. Goalie is the easiest scapegoat out there. Plus people on this board just love to complain and whine (though often there is a valid reason).
Right now goaltending is the least of the Kings worries. scoring only 10 goals in the last 6 games (1.67 goals for/game) should be the teams #1 concern right now. If the Kings could have scored at least 3 goals/game in the past 6 they would have won at least 2 or 3 of those games.

Old
12-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
People here just have no clue about the sport of NHL.
hmm. i didnt know that there was a sport called "NHL"

Old
12-22-2007, 09:29 AM
deano

Maybe the people that are complaining so much about Labarbera don't even watch the games. How else could you present an argument based solely on stats, and be so wrong

Old
12-22-2007, 10:47 AM
hackm

Labs has been playing like a top 10-15 NHL starter. The best goalie performances the Kings have had since.... uh.... well, I hope he keeps it up. It's been awhile since goaltending was actually a good spot for LA. (top 15 starter, solid backup with a good record ain't bad).

Old
12-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice430 View Post
6 wins(39th in the league) 11 losses (13th worst in the league)
Citing wins and losses as a mark against him? Seriously?

Old
12-22-2007, 12:42 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Maybe the people that are complaining so much about Labarbera don't even watch the games. How else could you present an argument based solely on stats, and be so wrong
if you look at scoring chances and see how many JL stopped and the ones he didn't, one could see that he's been exceptional this past month or so compared to his performance at the start of the year. and yes, I think JL has been a very good goalie this past couple of months. He is one of the bright spots.

the frustrating thing for the kings last night wasn't goalkeeping but the bad calls from the referee.

12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Funny that Labarbera "enjoys" cooking. I always knew he had a fond appreciation for sieves.

Last edited by Beauty, eh?: 12-27-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old
12-27-2007, 01:41 AM
hackm

Just don't allow idiot Leaf fans to try to pass Raycroft on to you.

Labarbera's save percentage: .909%, 2.90 GAA, salary: $825K

Raycroft's save percentage: .880%, 3.50 GAA, salary: $2,000K

JS Aubin save percentage: .891%, 3.20 GAA, salary: $550K

...Raycroft would be a third stringer in LA. A very expensive one with no upside.

Old
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
LaBarbera is a good backup goaltender, he is not a #1. He struggles to come up with the big save and cannot carry the team on his back for any period of time. The Kings waited an entire year for a guy on pace for 12 wins. The Kings need to find somebody else to bridge the gap until Bernier arrives.

Old
12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
bfire

Would it be worth the risk to go after Nittymaki in Philly? I've always thought he could become a #1.

Old
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfire View Post
Would it be worth the risk to go after Nittymaki in Philly? I've always thought he could become a #1.
I think you leave it alone until the offseason. The whole team stinks so bringing in somebody now probably won't change a thing. I think you tank the season, cut your losses with Blake, Nagy, Stuart and Modry and try to get somebody like Marian Hossa. Then maybe try to trade for a guy like Gerber or Emery, guys who have proven that they can be #1's even if it was for a short period of time (Emery). This is not going to be an easy process for Lombardi since there are so many holes and so many teams competing for the same players.

Last edited by The Tikkanen: 12-27-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old
12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
LaBarbera is a good backup goaltender, he is not a #1. He struggles to come up with the big save and cannot carry the team on his back for any period of time. The Kings waited an entire year for a guy on pace for 12 wins. The Kings need to find somebody else to bridge the gap until Bernier arrives.
And its his fault the Kings cant score in game he keeps them in? Alot fo times the guy gets left out to dry and still keeps the Kings in games.

Old
12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Raptor

Jason LaBarbera is a terrible goaltender.

Old
12-27-2007, 10:05 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And its his fault the Kings cant score in game he keeps them in? Alot fo times the guy gets left out to dry and still keeps the Kings in games.
Keeping a team in games and winning games is the difference between wearing a RBK hat on the bench and playing in the NHL. LaBarbera looks good with a hat on.

Old
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Mario Gosselin, Ron Scott, David Goverde, Daniel Berthiaume, Steve Weeks, Robb Stauber, Rick Knickle, Byron Dafoe, Stephane Fiset, Jamie Storr, Freddie Chabot, Marcel Cousineau, Steve Passmore, Roman Cechmanek, Mathieu Garon, etc.

Notice a pattern of unsuccessful and forgotten names of the past? Add Jason LaBarbera and J.S. Aubin to that cast. The trend continues. He is no better than any of those names above. Hell, he'd be lucky to achieve the 'success' of some of those names.

Old
12-28-2007, 01:16 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Keeping a team in games and winning games is the difference between wearing a RBK hat on the bench and playing in the NHL. LaBarbera looks good with a hat on.
Because he has a team that when he gives them a chance to win the game doesnt score?
LaBarbera isnt an elite goalie but hes far from the biggest problem on this team. He gives them a chance to win games and half the time they don do squat.

Old
12-28-2007, 01:40 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Mario Gosselin, Ron Scott, David Goverde, Daniel Berthiaume, Steve Weeks, Robb Stauber, Rick Knickle, Byron Dafoe, Stephane Fiset, Jamie Storr, Freddie Chabot, Marcel Cousineau, Steve Passmore, Roman Cechmanek, Mathieu Garon, etc.
....and Legace, Huet. Kings have ousted goalie after goalie, unable to tell at times whats crap, whats mediocre, and whats sub-par, because the teams in front of them sucked.

And Garon is looking pretty decent in Edmonton.

Old
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

The scouts and the GM of the Kings thought it would be good to wait a year for JLB?

Old
01-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Jason Labarbera filled the hearts of the Nashville infidels with fear as he stood on his head with save after magnificent save leading the Kings to another glorious victory!

Old
01-09-2008, 03:37 AM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Color me surprised. This is what I posted in the GDT today........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Awesome work on the thread and the post, Puck U. Thanks again!

That being said the Kings have an 80% chance of losing this one!

3-2 Cats!!! Goals from Kopitar (ES) and Handzus (SH). Labarbera will suck once again!
Boy was I way off!!!

Old
01-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
Color me surprised. This is what I posted in the GDT today........

Boy was I way off!!!
Is it April already?

Old
01-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Jason Labarbera filled the hearts of the Nashville infidels with fear as he stood on his head with save after magnificent save leading the Kings to another glorious victory!
You are of such bad faith. Why didn't you post anything on the 30th? the 1st? the 3rd?

(and I thought pretty much everybody agreed that the first two goals tonight were to blame on the D)

Old
01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
You are of such bad faith. Why didn't you post anything on the 30th? the 1st? the 3rd?

(and I thought pretty much everybody agreed that the first two goals tonight were to blame on the D)
This was posted on 9-30-07 by Beauty, where were you?

"And before you flame me with your "it's only 2 games!" crap, let me explain -

Labarbera is not an NHL goaltender. He is not capable of performing as a number one goaltender night in and night out against the best competition in the world. It should be of no surprise that he performs admirably in the AHL, where the game isn't as fast as it is in the NHL.

His lateral movement is terrible. He is extremely slow going post to post. He tends to fall on his stomach in scrambles and therefore leaves himself way out of position and unable to recover for rebounds. He is a big guy, but somehow makes himself small in net (mostly by being too deep in his net).

I have been saying this guy isn't the answer to the Kings' problems in net since he played his first pre-season game for us and it became more clear to me than ever today where once again, every single shot against him had myself and the 6 other people watching the game with me thinking he was going to be scored on. Every Single Shot. And if fans feel that way about him, imagine how his team feels.

Bottom line - he's an AHL Goaltender at best. 'Nuff said."

Circle gets the square!

Old
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
This was posted on 9-30-07 by Beauty, where were you?
Yeah, his rant was pretty hard to miss and I posted quite a few times already in this thread. My point was that he waits for an "abysmal" performance to post, but sits on his hands when Labs has a good game.

Old
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
Yeah, his rant was pretty hard to miss and I posted quite a few times already in this thread. My point was that he waits for an "abysmal" performance to post, but sits on his hands when Labs has a good game.
The amount of views this thread has is indicative of how crappy LaBarbera has been this season. Numbers don't lie, folks.

Closed Thread