HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Amazing!

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 11:36 AM
beerpaul*

vCash: 500
Amazing!

Watch for this tonight in the Ottawa/Leaf game. Every penalty Ottawa takes, the player never throws a fit or talks back to the ref. Watch how every player on the other(Toronto) team reacts. Every one of them rants/argues...against the call. Ok dictator DutchLeafan...close my thread again(for the 30th time).

Old
04-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerpaul
Ok dictator DutchLeafan...close my thread again(for the 30th time).
Maybe you should just take a hint, and not say the same thing that gets your thread closed 30 times.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:27 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Watch for this tonight in the Ottawa/Leaf game. Every penalty Ottawa takes, the player never throws a fit or talks back to the ref. Watch how every player on the other(Toronto) team reacts. Every one of them rants/argues...against the call. Ok dictator DutchLeafan...close my thread again(for the 30th time).
Its ok the dutch can't handle the truth which is why they close it down

thread moved to the general discussion board where more people can whine about the Dutch Dictator :p

Old
04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
o-dog

Hey, leave the Dutch alone (even though he's a Leaf fan) I've got 50% of that in me

Old
04-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Mogilny sure didn't throw a fit, he was too busy LAUGHING at the pathetic call.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
A team often reflects the personality of its coach. Look at Martin, never raising an eyebrow higher than the other and then look at Quinn, who I don't think I've ever seen in a post-game interview not taking a shot at the refs.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
A team often reflects the personality of its coach. Look at Martin, never raising an eyebrow higher than the other and then look at Quinn, who I don't think I've ever seen in a post-game interview not taking a shot at the refs.
Which can be good/bad depending on the situation. It's bad for young players, who have no experience in the league/respect around the league, but if Ron Francis starts screaming at a ref (hasn't yet) after a call, believe me, that ref is gonna say "good lord...what have I done...Ron Francis is angry, and that means I was wrong". Ron Francis in the eyes of the league, and many others can do no wrong. He's one of the greatest ambasadors to hockey in it's history, and when he talks, people listen. The problem for the Leafs is when Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Wade Belak, Bryan McCabe and those types argue, even when they're right about not deserving a penalty, the refs don't even think about what they're saying, however with the veteran leaders like Nieuwendyk/Sundin/Francis/Mogilny/Leetch/Roberts tel lthe ref off, the ref thinks about it.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Steve L*

I disagree, the Leafs whne about every call, Quinn whines in every press conference. The pope could complain to the refs that the call was wrong, if he was in a Leafs jersey they wouldnt take a blind bit of notice.

An analogy is if a customer complains about every meal he has at a restaurant, the chef will eventually block him out and not take any notice of him, even if on the odd occasion the food is bad. Same goes will the Leaf penalties.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
say goodnight Gracie..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-10-2004, 02:12 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
you need to clear your PMs...

this is a public warning for personal attacks on a moderator...

please refrain next time...thanks.

04-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
you need to clear your PMs...

this is a public warning for personal attacks on a moderator...

please refrain next time...thanks.
he won't be reading any for a bit..he got mine though.

Closed Thread