HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick Problem

Old
12-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
Stick Problem

I've recently just started playing after taking over 4 years off. I bought a new stick about 2 weeks ago and upon using it for the first time Tuesday night I realized it seems way too flexible. I'm using an Easton Octane (composite/2 piece/80 flex), when I bought it it felt a little more flexible than it should be, but like I said, I hadn't been on the ice in over 4 years so I wasn't sure. When leaving the rink on Tuesday I noticed that if I hold it upright (90 degree angle to the ground, blade up) and flip it upside down (blade down), or vice versa, it sounds like there is a pebble or something on the inside of the stick. Is it possible that something has broken off on the inside or something (ie - slightly cracked or something), thus making it too flexible?

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
saveourpens

If the thing in your stick is from the resut of a crack, I doubt the effect would be more flex (maybe for one shot). It would've already broke. I had the same thing. It's probably just some glue ratteling around.

saveourpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Danrik
It is what it is.

vCash: 50
How big are you? I think the general rule of thumb is flex should be half your weight, with exceptions of course. If you're close to 200 pounds then it probably isn't stiff enough. Although some people will still choose more or less flex for personal preference. I also haven't heard very good things about the Octane around here, try a search.

Danrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
I have that with all of my sticks. It's normal.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveourpens View Post
If the thing in your stick is from the resut of a crack, I doubt the effect would be more flex (maybe for one shot). It would've already broke. I had the same thing. It's probably just some glue ratteling around.
Most likley this is the casue i had one two years ago in pee wee and I had the same problem, infact i was using it yeasterday and noticed it again. It also isnt a very good stick IMO.

Plebeian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Burnaby_Joe*

It's probably glue from your blade.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote