HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is getting depressing

Old
01-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Reds4Life

vCash: 500
Havlat has body made of glass..he will be 'injured' again in no time.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post

I wonder if Montoya, Prucha, Malik($), 1st 08, 2nd 09 would be close. Maybe add Bourret? = Havlat

Holy ****

01-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Chris 84

The luck has been bad, no doubt about that but I can see several problems with the team which are pretty obvious other than luck.
1) Betts is having to play with two guys who aren't particularly good. You can't expect him to stop the best players in the league on his own.
2) Orr is not useful for anything.
3) Malik is (despite having a poor season so far) an important player for us, especially the way the defense is struggling lately, we need him in.
4) Strudwick just isn't NHL standard. He's a pretty poor player who's a good pro, that ain't good enough to keep him in the team.
5) Orr played more in the 1st period than Jagr last night. Ice time is not being managed properly.
I'd use...

Straka Gomez Jagr
Shanny Drury Avery
Hossa Betts Prucha
Hollweg Dubinsky Dawes

Malik Rosival
Tyutin Giradri
Stall Mara

Hossa and Betts can be trusted against the top lines and Prucha is at least sure to work hard. Since he has far more talent than Orr, I think he can work better than him on a defense minded line even though it's not exactly Prucha's game.
The Hollweg Dubinsky Dawes line wouldn't be on the ice too much, as I think they'd be the weakest line.

I don't think we can expect to reach the play-offs playing guys like Orr and Struds. Hopefully we can pick someone up soon to improve on Dawes, but going by what we have, this would be my line up.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Turambar

Quote:
I think it would be a very good idea for Sather to find out what it would take to fetch Havlat. He is UFA after next season, so at the least you get him for a playoff run this year and all of next.

I wonder if Montoya, Prucha, Malik($), 1st 08, 2nd 09 would be close. Maybe add Bourret?
When are you going to understand that other teams don't want our garbage? You can't just try to acquire someone like Havlat by sending over everything you don't want.

Montoya has been hurt more than not, and even when he's healthy, for the most part he hasn't been playing well. Not to mention he hasn't played a single NHL game, which basically means that you've got an injury-prone, currently mediocre, minor-league goaltender. Something tells me his trade value wouldn't be too great.

Prucha is struggling badly, or is he? Anyone that followed Prucha's career before he actually became a Ranger isn't surprised at his performance this year. Given his decrease in icetime, it's actually close to what it should be. Prucha was never projected to be a sniper, or whatever you want to call it. He was always a "grind-it-out", work hard every night type of player, not someone who was going to be a 30-goal scorer. He scored so many goals in his rookie campaign because he was constantly on the powerplay along with a HOF player who was absolutely on fire. As his icetime and more importantly his PP time has decreased, so has his production. I don't see why this really surprises so many people. My point here, though, is that his trade value right now is next to nothing. Back then? Sure, he had some real good value. Now? Meh, almost nothing.

Malik...c'mon now. What the hell would the Blackhawks (ranked 2nd among all organizations by HF, with 5 of their top 20 prospects being young defensemen), a team that got rid of a 24 year old Samsonov because he was too old, want in Marek f'ing Malik, a 32 year old, 6'6 lout who can't skate, can't shoot, can't hit, and who makes $2.5mil/yr? Has it occured to you that maybe the reason he's still part of this organization is that they're unable to move him, that no one wants him? and can you blame them? if you were the Hawks' GM, would you want this guy on your young, up-and-coming team? I didn't think so.

As for Bourret, the guy's got skill, but he couldn't cut it in Atlanta as a 1st-rounder given up on, and he's still playing on our AHL affiliate. Once again, not much trade value.

So tell me, what exactly do you think we have here that's worth a guy like Havlat, even if Havlat is always injured?

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Trading any assets for Havlat would be ill.

He simply just injured all the time. You think Averys year has been a frustration. Oh boy

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
This stuff is getting tired already. Gomez is the most consistent player on this team, and Drury is doing just fine for his first few months on a new team. Like it or not, they're here to stay and most people are confident that they will deliver, albeit slightly below their moneys worth, because neither are Joe Thornton or Sidney Crosby... but it took the big money to get them here, and somebody was going to pay it, if we didn't, we'd be stuck with Matt Cullen and an aging Nylander for 4 more years.
cullen's experience might have made a difference on the 3rd line..

granted, dubinsky hasn't been bad but he hasn't made much of an impact until the games on the west coast

meanwhile, cullen has had a good season until he got knocked out by orr

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the problem is that the rangers dont have a very solid defence and they dont have any size to punish anyone in the offensive zone or the defensive zone.....that allows teams with little skill to look like stanley cup contenders because they can skate around and do whatever they want.....
If that is your problem then Souray is not a solution - especially with his current contract. Aside from the PP I can't see him as a fit for the Rangers.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
If that is your problem then Souray is not a solution - especially with his current contract. Aside from the PP I can't see him as a fit for the Rangers.
He isn't, and since the injury, has yet to put up respectable numbers that will compare to his monster season with 26g on the point.

Don't want Souray for many reasons, I'd be appauled if Sather brought him here.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think it would be a very good idea for Sather to find out what it would take to fetch Havlat. He is UFA after next season, so at the least you get him for a playoff run this year and all of next.
Awful idea, he's made of glass and we don't need that with all of the injury prone players on this team, especially a top line of Havlat-Straka-Jagr would actually play a total of about 5 games together before someone hits IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist Saves View Post
Who specifically are you talking about? Does it really matter anyway? Losses are losses, after all.

Apparently this happened against Tampa... I disagree.
Nah I agree the loss is because of what we DIDN'T do rather than what TB DID do. But it's the end result that is important-- the bolts snapped a 7 game losing streak against us, and this furthers the trend of teams or players having big game's at the expense of the Rangers, and that's what this thread is about.

Last edited by Carlos Ranger: 01-09-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote