HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodeur's comments on Lundqvist

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Meth Elvis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea it happens, don't get all offended. Your not going to have your god in net forever.
Yes and eventually Lundqvist will be washed up and retired as well. What is your point to the statement you made earlier?

Old
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
yea 4 years ago you were probably saying the same thing
No, I wasn't saying that actually. In a sense, I could careless about Broduer and how ******** he looks in that picture of yours. But I sure would like him to keep our goalkeeper's name out of his mouth.

Thanks.

Old
Rattray

Brodeurs one of the classiest guys in the league. I dont know what you guys are watching...

Old
01-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDevil View Post
Yes and eventually Lundqvist will be washed up and retired as well. What is your point to the statement you made earlier?
Don't you fellas have your own board?

Old
01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
No, I wasn't saying that actually. In a sense, I could careless about Broduer and how ******** he looks in that picture of yours. But I sure would like him to keep our goalkeeper's name out of his mouth.

Thanks.
The quote was from an article about Marty, Hank & DP...why shouldn't Marty comment on Lundqvist in it? I would've liked to have seen comments from the other two in the article as well.

Aside from that, the only other recent article I recall Marty talking about Lundqvist in was when he was mentioning him as one of the league's best netminders.

I don't get what SOME Ranger fans are getting all uppity about here.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Yup, that is true.

The point? Lundqvist will be a top goalie in the league years and years after Marty is already gone/washed up and trying to still play like he did in his prime.

Thus Ranger fans getting the last laugh(while noting Devs have had the first laugh for previous years).

Old
01-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Meth Elvis

Quote:
Don't you fellas have your own board?
Yes we do, but isnt the point of the message boards to discuss amongst others or is this a rangers fans only party? It not like anything I said was mean or nasty, justed wanted to know what he meant by the comment.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Yes we do, but isnt the point of the message boards to discuss amongst others or is this a rangers fans only party? It not like anything I said was mean or nasty, justed wanted to know what he meant by the comment.
You attempted to make a point in a sarcastic tone.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Yup, that is true.

The point? Lundqvist will be a top goalie in the league years and years after Marty is already gone/washed up and trying to still play like he did in his prime.

Thus Ranger fans getting the last laugh(while noting Devs have had the first laugh for previous years).
Lundqvist will likely be a top goalie in the league for years to come, but nothing is set in stone. Hell, there's no guarantee that he'll even remain with the Rangers during this time (though I know there's probably only a slim chance of him leaving).

And really, who knows what NJ's goaltending situation is going to be once Marty is gone. I'm definitely enjoying it while it lasts, but there is no guarantee that the Devils go in the crapper the minute Brodeur retires.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Meth Elvis

Quote:
Yup, that is true.

Thing is I actually like Lundqvist and wish him a good career, as long as it dont bring you guys any cups

Old
01-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
Lundqvist will likely be a top goalie in the league for years to come, but nothing is set in stone. Hell, there's no guarantee that he'll even remain with the Rangers during this time (though I know there's probably only a slim chance of him leaving).

And really, who knows what NJ's goaltending situation is going to be once Marty is gone. I'm definitely enjoying it while it lasts, but there is no guarantee that the Devils go in the crapper the minute Brodeur retires.

You always have Kevin Weekes.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Meth Elvis

Quote:
You attempted to make a point in a sarcastic tone.
I wasnt being sarcastic at all, not even sure where u can find sarcasm in my post. And god forbid i be sarcastic on a message board.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
I wasnt being sarcastic at all, not even sure where u can find sarcasm in my post. And god forbid i be sarcastic on a message board.

It's easier when you answer your own questions.

Old
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Brodeur=Bonds plus Marty hates children and eats a puppie as his pregame meal.
EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM PUPPY!

Old
01-10-2008, 12:33 AM
mess11mess

so many pages....this MUST be the hot chick thread

Old
01-10-2008, 04:10 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Imagine if

Sid "eats puppies" Crosby
Chris "hates children" Pronger
Martin "trash talking" Brodeur

Played on the same team, man would HF explode.

Btw, this thread is way kool for all the sensible comments made, especially the ones about goalie equipment.

Old
01-10-2008, 06:02 AM
David Puddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Brodeur has 3 cups, the Calder, 2 Vezinas, and 4 Jennings awards. I'd be happy if Lundqvist could even get half of those.
Martin Brodeur has won three Vezina Trophies.

Old
01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray View Post
Brodeurs one of the classiest guys in the league. I dont know what you guys are watching...
Thanks.

Well, they're our Division rivals fans.. They're not going ahead and say " Marty's classy"...

Old
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
JR#9*

bottom line is just like Ranger fans can't say much about how great his accomplishments have been but on the flip side Devil fans, at least not the ridiculous homers, can't argue that Marty is and has always been a world class JO who time and time again opens his mouth and proves it whether it's his whining or his shots at other NHL players.

What says it all about his character is the whole situation with his wife and while some clowns try to write it off as all NHL players have girlfriends on the side which is ******** in it's own right but that being said if somebody can't see the difference between even that type of a guy and one who actually has 3 F'in kids with a girl and who can get plenty of women if things weren't working out but instead CHOOSES to further rip his family apart by keeping it in-house by banging his brother-in-law's wife says it all about his character or lack there of!

Going trough a divorce is terrible enough when you have 3 young children and for him to be a selfish D-bag that he is and further compound the problem by doing what he did goes right to the root of what type of person you are and if you put yourself before your own young children you are an alltime POS.

The constant whining and taking shots at other NHLer's showing how classless he is like taking shots at Messier the day before his retirement ceremony is just the icing on the cake for this d-bag.

And you know he's going to shots at Lundy because you know he hates that he is so much more accomplished then what Lundy is but Henrik is the toast of the town while Marty and his Devils play to zero fanfare and 1/2 empty buildings year after year despite his and their success so I expect nothing less from Marty then to take such shots at Lundqvist both now and in the future.

Old
01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

this was a good way to kill a half hour at work...

Old
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Now we're done. Surprised it lasted this long.