HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor? Ek's the source...

Old
01-10-2008, 01:04 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Remember the time some of us actually didnt like this rumor?

Heh...Well Svatos now has 17 goals and is back on track while our dud still has what...3 goals??

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 04:39 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

Heh...Well Svatos now has 17 goals and is back on track while our dud still has what...3 goals??
I just noticed that today as well. 7 goals in the last 9 games.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 07:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

And your point is what?

I was watching the AVS-Caps last night.When Comcast Sports Net put up the numbers of the streak Svatos is on,I wondered how soon before that info was added to this thread

Prucha has 4 goals

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
mti79

Not trying to stir up trouble but over his last 5 games, Svatos has scored in 3 of them. In the 3 games he scored goals, he got over 18 mins of ice time. In the 2 he did not, around 12-13 mins of ice time.

Meanwhile, when Prucha scored his 2 goals vs. Toronto he got over 15 mins of ice time. Since then, 10:42 vs. Vancouver, 9:18 vs. Edmonton, 8:13 vs. TB.

I know Petr isn't producing the way we want him to, but it can't be easy to put up big numbers when you're on the bench. Can't we cut the guy some slack? It's his 3rd year in the league and I think we all already knew that he wasn't going to keep up with Crosby, Ovechkin or even Vanek.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Not trying to stir up trouble but over his last 5 games, Svatos has scored in 3 of them. In the 3 games he scored goals, he got over 18 mins of ice time. In the 2 he did not, around 12-13 mins of ice time.

Meanwhile, when Prucha scored his 2 goals vs. Toronto he got over 15 mins of ice time. Since then, 10:42 vs. Vancouver, 9:18 vs. Edmonton, 8:13 vs. TB.
Excellent point. When did Svatos start scoring more? When Sakic and Smyth went out and he picked up some of their ice time.

In NY, when two top 6 forwards go down, we look to our 4th line to pick up the slack.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Excellent point. When did Svatos start scoring more? When Sakic and Smyth went out and he picked up some of their ice time.

In NY, when two top 6 forwards go down, we look to our 4th line to pick up the slack.
its just too true. its so pathetic. we need

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

youre going to make me cry.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:

"Scoring more" is way different then "Scoring at all"..Guys like Prucha, Callahan, and Hossa have been offensive zeroes the entire year, no matter their ice time..And one ofthe reasons this team is in big trouble...

Yes, Maybe Renney should play Prucha more, but the kid has to do SOMETHING..It's obvius from the past two years that the kid can score in the NHL, he just needs to get his head out of his arse and so it, even if he only get 8-10 mins..Gotta start somewhere

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 04:32 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
"Scoring more" is way different then "Scoring at all"..Guys like Prucha, Callahan, and Hossa have been offensive zeroes the entire year, no matter their ice time..And one ofthe reasons this team is in big trouble...

Yes, Maybe Renney should play Prucha more, but the kid has to do SOMETHING..It's obvius from the past two years that the kid can score in the NHL, he just needs to get his head out of his arse and so it, even if he only get 8-10 mins..Gotta start somewhere
I agree that Prucha needs to make good use of his time on the ice. I'm just adding that before you compare him to people, let's get the facts straight. Svatos, I believe, is a better natural goal scorer but he was struggling until he started getting more minutes. Yes, he's scored in the games when he only gets 12 mins. No, Prucha hasn't been putting the puck in the net. In Prucha's defense, nobody else is either. You put Prucha(in a slump) with a rookie center who didn't put up good numbers with Jagr and an opposite winger of Hossa/Callahan(combined 2 goals this year) and it's not an offensive line. For all the talk of rolling 4 lines, our 3rd line gets lost in the shuffle. He got PP time and put in 2 goals while getting 15 mins vs. Toronto. Then he sits out 2 games and now he's off the PP and getting 9 mins while the offensive juggernaut known as Sean Avery gets PP time? Wake up people, if you want a player to score, he has to be on the ice.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I agree that Prucha needs to make good use of his time on the ice. I'm just adding that before you compare him to people, let's get the facts straight. Svatos, I believe, is a better natural goal scorer but he was struggling until he started getting more minutes. Yes, he's scored in the games when he only gets 12 mins. No, Prucha hasn't been putting the puck in the net. In Prucha's defense, nobody else is either. You put Prucha(in a slump) with a rookie center who didn't put up good numbers with Jagr and an opposite winger of Hossa/Callahan(combined 2 goals this year) and it's not an offensive line. For all the talk of rolling 4 lines, our 3rd line gets lost in the shuffle. He got PP time and put in 2 goals while getting 15 mins vs. Toronto. Then he sits out 2 games and now he's off the PP and getting 9 mins while the offensive juggernaut known as Sean Avery gets PP time? Wake up people, if you want a player to score, he has to be on the ice.
All this might carry some weight if Prucha could score more then ONE ES goal in his last 39 GAMES! No matter how you slice it, totally putrid..Averages over 12 mins a night and 2 mins of PP a night and a "scorer" like him has only scored a goal in 2 of the last 39 games? He has let the team down big time..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote