HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 1/10/08 - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Hackensack Bulls

Old
01-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Cardiac_Canes

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
game was not that good. sadly, we didnt look AT ALL like the same team we had been for the last 3 games. and that sucks. and I hate to say it, but......here we go...

No Whitney/Williams (scorers), Cullen (playmaker), Letowski (pp QB and faceoff winner), Wesley (veteran defense).....we were screwed already....
hahahahahahahaha

Oh dear God, that made my day.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
hahahahahahahaha

Oh dear God, that made my day.
guess we havent been watching the same Letowski. maybe not a PPQB, but def a good part of the 2nd PP unit. with speed and stick skill, he has been fairly good at getting the puck up the ice for rushes. and as far as the faceoffs.....there is a reason Lavi put him out there as the backup to Brindy (in case Brindy got tossed for some reason) in the faceoff in their end against Boston.....

Brindy (1136 FOT),Staal (888 FOT), Cullen (413 FOT) and Letowski (243 FOT) have been the ones taking the most faceoffs on the team, obviously. With the least amount of face offs taken, Letowski also holds the lowest win % of the 4, although it is not THAT bad at 41% (Brindy has 58%, Cullen 55%, and Staal 45%). Essentially, he is the 4th best faceoff man on the team, and so if there is a situation where he takes the faceoff, he is pretty reliable. Good situation like that is, say Cullen is still hurt, Brindy is in the box, and the Staal line just shifted and the faceoff is in the defensive zone. well, stick letowski out there on the PK and we got a good chance of getting it. or if we have a PP faceoff in our defensive zone and we are clinging to a 1 goal lead and need to get the puck out of our zone by winning a faceoff, put him out there as backup in case someone gets booted from the faceoff......

ok, he isnt the best, but he isnt bad.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
???

Letowski is useless.
far from useless. he has been one of our better forwards lately, and very hungry for the puck. he blocks shots as well sometimes. in the last 2 games he has played in (St. Louis and Boston) he has 4 blocked shots, as a FORWARD, including a BIG on against Boston in the last 30 seconds of the game. If you dont think he has been effective, then who would you consider keeping here instead of him when we get healthy again? only underside is he is a -10, but some of the best, most well-known forwards out there have worse +/- (See Maxim Afinogenov and Mike Modano)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
Not useless...he's been one of the better ones on the PK
thank you, he really has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
But his even strength play and offensive ability is on par with an AHLer. Not to mention he skates with head down 50% of the time he has a puck. He's the closest thing to being useless without actually being useless.
but he is a 4th liner. they arent expected on MOST teams to be extremely effective. they are mostly an energy line to keep things going while the big guys rest. you cant expect em all to be amazing.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger View Post
Being part of the worst unit is all he's doing, then.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?fetc...me=penaltyKill
You do realize that a PK unit is made up of more than 1 player and more than 1 set of players, right?

He's been on the ice for 18 of 49 PP goals against (assuming I can count correctly). Brind'Amour has been on the ice for nearly every other one.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:21 AM
semin4captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
guess we havent been watching the same Letowski. maybe not a PPQB, but def a good part of the 2nd PP unit. with speed and stick skill, he has been fairly good at getting the puck up the ice for rushes. and as far as the faceoffs....
Seriously....what? You must be talking about someone else. I can't recall the last time I saw Letowski on the PP. He's averaging 14 seconds a game and doesn't have a PP point this season.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hutchinson View Post
Seriously....what? You must be talking about someone else. I can't recall the last time I saw Letowski on the PP. He's averaging 14 seconds a game and doesn't have a PP point this season.
No, he's the quarterback.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
rgmarsh

...trevor letowski? he of the scratch? on our power play? the only time he's ever come close to being used on the power play this season is either when it was about to expire or when Lavi blew a gasket and wanted to send one of his little messages.

I do think letowski has a role on our team but to suggest that he's even close to being a valuable asset on the power play...the thought makes my brain hurt.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote